Back To Fleet Sales?

Hi,

I thought I read some where that Ford wasn't going to be doing fleet sales on the Five Hundred because it didn't want to fall into that same trap they did with the Taurus?

On my way to work this morning, here in Chicago, I saw 3 Yellow Taxi Five Hundreds.

What's up?

Hi,

I thought I read some where that Ford wasn't going to be doing fleet sales on the Five Hundred because it didn't want to fall into that same trap they did with the Taurus?

On my way to work this morning, here in Chicago, I saw 3 Yellow Taxi Five Hundreds.

What's up?

there isn't ZERO fleet sales.. but Fusion is keeping 10-15% of fleet sales and Five hundred a little more... but that is normal for any car.. (Camry has 15% fleet sales as well). finally Taxicabs are not always included in fleet sales...

depends who you ask... Toyots once skipped them when reporting on Sienna fleet sales.. and other peopel say they should not be counted at all, because many Taxi cabs are privately owned, etc etc..

Overall, Five hundred and Fusion have been doing gereat in terms of fleet sales.. we will see how it will go once Taurus is gone.. but Fusion will likely not change, since they are exhausting capasity of Hermosillo. Five hundred will likely g et more of the sales, but since there is only one plant, and if the facelift goes well, they sould be able to keep their plant busy as well.

Igor

Daily Rental Fleets actually are turned over in about 10 months. Fleet sales are good to a point, so long as you don't flood the used car market with a particular car. If you sale huge volumes of a product to a company who will be putting the cars on the used car market in less than a year by the tens of thousands, you flood the used car market with that model, making a supply that far exceeds demand for the product, which causes them to be worth less because they can't move that volume at a decent used car price. Fleet sales are a good tool so long as it's done in moderation.

Here is a good video link that helps explain fleet sales and types of fleet sales, and their impact.

http://www.autolinedetroit.com/autoline/wa...php?stream=1011