2007 and newer air rear leveling. Can I leave car sit idle for a month without battery going dead?

ExpyBob

I read a lot about the old 4 wheel leveling system in the late 90s running down batteries.

But I just ordered a 2011 with rear leveling.

Order was confirmed by Kentucky plant yesterday.

But did I make a mistake ordering it?

Or is it improved now?

My Expy sits at airport lot since I travel a lot for job.

Will I come home to dead battery after 4 weeks?

Please advise or help me.

Am I screwed?

Should I turn switch off when leaving? Will that help?

Will it damage something?

I need owner experienced opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

I have an 09 Limited with rear load leveling and due to work it sometimes sits for months at a time with no battery problems. I also had a 98 with four corner load leveling and the original battery lasted 10 years (and it also sat for months at a time)!!! I love the load leveling suspensions and got 160K trouble free miles out of my old one (just changed the front air shocks twice) and the the pump on the old system would run every time you started the car because of the kneel feature. The pump on the new rear only system hardly ever comes on because it doesn't kneel an inch every time you stop the car like the old system. The new system only comes on when you add a heavy enough load that it has to re-level, which hasn't happened very often so far, only when hooking up a trailer or loading the rear with really heavy stuff. I like always having a level truck with no 'headlights-to-the-sky'... plus I think it rides better than the springed models.

Edited by CoolScoop

I have an 09 Limited with rear load leveling and due to work it sometimes sits for months at a time with no battery problems. I also had a 98 with four corner load leveling and the original battery lasted 10 years (and it also sat for months at a time)!!! I love the load leveling suspensions and got 160K trouble free miles out of my old one (just changed the front air shocks twice) and the the pump on the old system would run every time you started the car because of the kneel feature. The pump on the new rear only system hardly ever comes on because it doesn't kneel an inch every time you stop the car like the old system. The new system only comes on when you add a heavy enough load that it has to re-level, which hasn't happened very often so far, only when hooking up a trailer or loading the rear with really heavy stuff. I like always having a level truck with no 'headlights-to-the-sky'... plus I think it rides better than the springed models.

Thanks, I wasn't sure. Is the height any higher than a regular expy?

I barely clear door now. 2-3".