2011 Boss 302

I can't see the video from my current location, what kinds of details are revealed?

The commentator was saying that Multimatic was working with Ford on a street version of the BOSS 302 and that it would be available in August with 430 HP and around $30K. I have a feeling the info is a little mixed up. Some V6 Mustangs are going for around $30K and also I don't think it will be "available" that soon. Maybe it will appear at a show in August, but I doubt it will be at the lots that soon. Also, I would be willing to bet a BOSS 302 would be closer to $40K than $30K.

The commentator said that:

The car would be "Launched to the public couple weeks in August"

Multimatic is working with Ford to get the engineering of the car sorted out, lessons learned to be applied to the road car

Multimatic will be manufacturing some of the components of the road car.

Think 'Cobra' and 'Cobra R' . . . . or at least that is my understanding . . . .

Where does that leave the GT500? There's no way it could run with a several hundred pound lighter "Boss R" around a road course. Maybe Ford will decide to give it more drag strip friendly suspension or turn it into a power cruiser.

Where does that leave the GT500? There's no way it could run with a several hundred pound lighter "Boss R" around a road course. Maybe Ford will decide to give it more drag strip friendly suspension or turn it into a power cruiser.

I was watching Hot Rod TV over the weekend and they were airing a re-run of an episode dedicated to Carrol Shelby. He mentioned that his shop was capable of modifying other brands besides Fords. He also said he was looking forward to working on "pocket rockets" again. I wonder if his relationship with Ford is starting to wither, again?

The Boss 302R has stock heads and cams.

I couldn't tell you for sure if the 302R has CNC ported heads, but the road version does so I'd assume the 302R does as well.

To take advantage of the racing intake manifold, cylinder head airflow was fully optimized by CNC porting the entire intake and exhaust port and combustion chamber. The painstaking machining process takes 2.5 hours per head to complete.

I couldn't find anything about the cams, so I'm assuming they are stock GT units. However, the rest of the valvetrain has been modified as follows

To accompany the higher peak-power engine speed, the team had to engineer a lightweight, high-speed valvetrain and bulletproof reciprocating assembly that would not only hold together for 150,000-plus miles but also produce power at peak rpm
Edited by atvman