Ground clearence

BS Racing

Ok I have been searching all over the place and can not find my answer. I am looking to buy a 2011 GT500 but am worried about ground clearance for my driveway.

Our 2003 SVT cobra just barely clears at an angle and I can not find a dimension for ground clearance for it.

I found that the GT500 has 5.7" Clearance. I need to know if it is higher or lower than my car. With out crawling under one :hysterical:

I know a 2011 5.0 GT will fit with no problem.

Thanks.

Ok I have been searching all over the place and can not find my answer. I am looking to buy a 2011 GT500 but am worried about ground clearance for my driveway.

Our 2003 SVT cobra just barely clears at an angle and I can not find a dimension for ground clearance for it.

I found that the GT500 has 5.7" Clearance. I need to know if it is higher or lower than my car. With out crawling under one :hysterical:

Thanks.

So what you're asking is, what is the clearance of your own car?

You can always stack 2x4s and drive over them until you hit, that will give you a +/- 1.5" clearance number ie if you hit 3 stacked but not 2 then you are somewhere between 3" and 4.5". Likewise if you hit 4 but not 3 you are somewhere between 4.5" and 6"

Or you can just get out a tape measure and measure it like normal people do. :shades:

So what you're asking is, what is the clearance of your own car?

You can always stack 2x4s and drive over them until you hit, that will give you a +/- 1.5" clearance number ie if you hit 3 stacked but not 2 then you are somewhere between 3" and 4.5". Likewise if you hit 4 but not 3 you are somewhere between 4.5" and 6"

Or you can just get out a tape measure and measure it like normal people do. :shades:

Well Seeing as to how this is a Ford website I thought some one might actually have access to or know the dimension. As I said so I didn't have to crawl under. It just seems weird

that they(Ford) would list the data for 1 and not the others.

Thanks.

The only two places it will be an issue are under the front splitter and under the rear bumper. What I would do is measure how high the front splitter on your Cobra is and then measure the height of the GT500's splitter. If they are close, then you should be good to go.