I am a Camaro Owner

Kahdir

oh i agree, but if the customer had handled the order in the correct and OBVIOUS manner...ie receipt for deposit AND a veried vin number with signed DORA and agreed upon price if he had discovered the goings on LEGALLY he could have had a field day.......

Sure, that is the "obvious" course of action to someone "in the field" but it's not as "obvious" to the masses that aren't.

When a person buys a house, they have to get a lawyer familiar with "real estate law" to make sure that the i's are dotted and t's are crossed. For those not familiar with "the car ordering process" do you suggest that they take all the paperwork to a lawyer before signing it?

It would be a sad day when an average Joe would need to hire a lawyer to buy a car. Because that means that we can't take a dealer's word and handshake at face value anymore.

I'm sorry, Dean. Putting the onus solely on the customer for a new car dealer's misdeeds doesn't help your cause. Ordering and receiving a car should be a pretty straightforward process from a customer's point of view. Nobody should expect a car ordered for them with a deposit to be sold off to another customer because the dealer gets offered more money. It's just unethical.

Sure, that is the "obvious" course of action to someone "in the field" but it's not as "obvious" to the masses that aren't.

When a person buys a house, they have to get a lawyer familiar with "real estate law" to make sure that the i's are dotted and t's are crossed. For those not familiar with "the car ordering process" do you suggest that they take all the paperwork to a lawyer before signing it?

It would be a sad day when an average Joe would need to hire a lawyer to buy a car. Because that means that we can't take a dealer's word and handshake at face value anymore.

I'm sorry, Dean. Putting the onus solely on the customer for a new car dealer's misdeeds doesn't help your cause. Ordering and receiving a car should be a pretty straightforward process from a customer's point of view. Nobody should expect a car ordered for them with a deposit to be sold off to another customer because the dealer gets offered more money. It's just unethical.

not putting the onus on the customer Viper...but I will say with the amount of $ involved in purchasing a vehicle I PERSONALLY would dot the I's and cross the T's and make sure I was protected..... :shades: wouldnt you?....and the dealers you are referring too are a dying breed....

explain the word antiquated.....

Main Entry: an·ti·quat·ed

Function: adjective

Date: 1601

1 : obsolete <an antiquated calendar>

2 : outmoded or discredited by reason of age : being out of style or fashion <antiquated methods of farming>

3 : advanced in age

synonyms see old

What did wanna go and buy a shitty Craparo for in the first place, when you have got Stangs Stateside you must be mad?

Big Fail.

GM are going to export LHD 100 Craparo's into the UK every year and won't sell one, but am l tempted to buy inferior rubbish no l am not. l wait patiently in hope that Ford will one day sell something like a RHD Stang in Europe shame on you!! don't expect any sympathy from me.

Good things come to those that wait.

Main Entry: an·ti·quat·ed

Function: adjective

Date: 1601

1 : obsolete <an antiquated calendar>

2 : outmoded or discredited by reason of age : being out of style or fashion <antiquated methods of farming>

3 : advanced in age

synonyms see old

total cop out...stop defering...what in YOUR eyes do you consider antiquated and propose suggestions...

total cop out...stop defering...what in YOUR eyes do you consider antiquated and propose suggestions...

I already did, multiple times. Why do I have to keep repeating it?

Franchise laws prevent Ford from punishing bad dealers who piss off customers and give Ford a bad reputation and Ford is powerless to do anything about it.

Ford needs some legal recourse against dealers who provide poor customer service, overcharge or deceive customers. Period.

A normal franchisee can terminate a franchise if certain standards are not maintained. Ford is legally prevented from having this same right with their franchises.

Please explain why this is ok.

I already did, multiple times. Why do I have to keep repeating it?

Franchise laws prevent Ford from punishing bad dealers who piss off customers and give Ford a bad reputation and Ford is powerless to do anything about it.

Ford needs some legal recourse against dealers who provide poor customer service, overcharge or deceive customers. Period.

A normal franchisee can terminate a franchise if certain standards are not maintained. Ford is legally prevented from having this same right with their franchises.

the comments are from an observation standppoint NOT from someone that experiences the inner goings on....on the surface they may seem accurate but in reality they are mis-informed...franchaise laws are there for a REASON, and they do NOT prevent ford from punishing non conforming dealers...Franchaise laws give a certain amount of protection for dealers kinda like the way YOU have individual rights for your protection from the Govt or someone that has a capacity to mandate YOUR actions.....so i guess you are ok with waving YOUR rights..as for poor customer service Ford DOES have recourse, they always have, and they are outlined on the franchaise agreement...if you think that ford cannot pressure a dealer to conform you need to get your stubborn head out of the sand.... I'm not even going to explain it, but they do have leverage...a LOT, one honorable mention is flooring...and there are multitudes of more....Also...and heres a tidbit for you....for once just think how Ford treats the "volume" dealers...by any chance do you think the BIG dealers get handslaps for issues whilst the smaller dealers get lynched?....YUP...because guess what, the purpose of the manufacturer is to move as much meatal as possible....and heres some additional Food for thought....do you REALLY think or assume that every pi$$ed off customer has been wrongfully dealt with?.....so Kirb, theres your reality check...yes Ford cares about the customer, but like ANY manufacturer less so than it seems, it is about moving inventory, no more no less...and every now and then someone IS made an example of ust to keep everyone else in line....

they cannot terminate, but they can manipulate/ strongarm the dealer in certain ways OUTLINED IN THE FRANCHAISE AGREEMENT, so as to give them no choice but to recind the franchaise or close the doors....

heres some others deemed "fictitional" by some armchair boys....potential chargebacks of retail and/ or fleet incentives, FDAF and finance reserve. adjustment of dealer sales histories ( along with additional "goals acheived "chargebacks, restriction of delaer allocation. deletion of Dealer 'points", during times or production shortages dealers will not be considered for incremental production ( ie addition to standard allocation ) elimination of dropship prividges ( ie ship throughs such as Shelby )......still think ford has no leverage?....wow, no cars, no sales, no money, still got overheads...wonder what would eventually happen to a singled out dealer.....but hey, i just made all that stuff up...ford has NO control over their dealer base....

And Ponyracer, there is no change in status of your car from the last update you got. Like what was mentioned before to you it's at a shunt point and it was just the holiday weekend where there was little movement at the yards.

here is what i dont understand..

1 supposedly this car hasnt moved a week? on a rail car? short of mechanical failure, sorry not buying that. its not getting shipped internationally. it going to CT.

2 the dealer stated they have another car (ordered late april) due to them this week. they expect my car to come in on the same truck? they think my car was on the same rail but not sure. their cars ETA July 7th

3 they STILL cant track my car so everything is a guess.

Edited by pony racer

1 supposedly this car hasnt moved a week? on a rail car? short of mechanical failure, sorry not buying that. its not getting shipped internationally. it going to CT.

2 the dealer stated they have another car (ordered late april) due to them this week. they expect my car to come in on the same truck? they think my car was on the same rail but not sure. their cars ETA July 7th

as frustrating as it is pony, understand the biggest hiccup was the origional dealer going under....hang in there.....amd realize all the frustration in the world isnt going to change its due course.....I'm in the same situation right now.....rumour is my car may be delayed due to weather issues in Mexico.....something no one has control over....

as frustrating as it is pony, understand the biggest hiccup was the origional dealer going under....hang in there.....amd realize all the frustration in the world isnt going to change its due course.....I'm in the same situation right now.....rumour is my car may be delayed due to weather issues in Mexico.....something no one has control over....

frustrating was back first week of June..

and i do appreciate all help from those that have been supplying it privately.

very aggravated at this entire situation, this has not been a pleasant experience, (unlike my last car),

has caused issues in my personal life, delayed trips and weekends due to "you car will be here" type statements.

now any incentives that i had, are now expired.. July 6th so there goes $1250 worth of more aggravation..

Primary In Transit

Secondary Arrived at Junction Point (Norfolk Southern Corp )

Vehicle Location Bingcprs, NY

Status Date / Time Jul-01-2010, 21:00 ET

Arrived at Junction Point:

The railcar/vehicle has arrived at a 'hand-off' location and is awaiting pick-up by the next rail carrier. The carrier name displays in parenthesis .

This is what was PMd to you. What don't you understand? If you don't want to believe it, that's OK. Stop asking.

Edited by ViperPilot

frustrating was back first week of June..

and i do appreciate all help from those that have been supplying it privately.

very aggravated at this entire situation, this has not been a pleasant experience, (unlike my last car),

has caused issues in my personal life, delayed trips and weekends due to "you car will be here" type statements.

now any incentives that i had, are now expired.. July 6th so there goes $1250 worth of more aggravation..

feel for you, I also beleive the dealer is doing all they can...because, beleive it or not its in THEIR interest to sell you the car....if there was any way of speeding up the process beleive me, they probably would have. Hey, i have to hire a damn rental car this weekend, i AM the dealer, and I cant tell MYSELF anything.....lol...

This is what was PMd to you. What don't you understand? If you don't want to believe it, that's OK. Stop asking.

and heres an inherrant weakness of the VV system....not exactly very detailed is it, the consumer wants expliict detail like .....Gentleman called Ron, dressed in Blue Overalls took vehicle to on ramp @0600 hours, @ 0715 hours gent call Phil casually looked at car and took a coffee break.......when it comes to a consumer and 'their baby" too much information is never enough....they want ( and Dealers also ) DETAILS and straight ANSWERS....

and heres an inherrant weakness of the VV system....not exactly very detailed is it, the consumer wants expliict detail like .....Gentleman called Ron, dressed in Blue Overalls took vehicle to on ramp @0600 hours, @ 0715 hours gent call Phil casually looked at car and took a coffee break.......when it comes to a consumer and 'their baby" too much information is never enough....they want ( and Dealers also ) DETAILS and straight ANSWERS....

well i dont need to know what he was wearing.. a long as its not grease covered overalls sitting in "my baby"

well i dont need to know what he was wearing.. a long as its not grease covered overalls sitting in "my baby"

lol...hey i took artistic licence to underline the point...fact is the process is seriously flawed, inaccurate and wishy washy to say the least

lol...hey i took artistic licence to underline the point...fact is the process is seriously flawed, inaccurate and wishy washy to say the least

exactly.. esp when Canadian Pacific Rail "supposedly" has the car and not norfolk southern. and no updates since july 1.

wishy washy at best.

lol

and heres an inherrant weakness of the VV system....not exactly very detailed is it,

Detailed or not, it looks like his dealer can't even provide THAT much information which is why he's been coming here.... I'm not defending the VV system, I'm pointing out the fact that dealers still can't/won't seem to use it.

Edited by ViperPilot

lol

Detailed or not, it looks like his dealer can't even provide THAT much information which is why he's been coming here.... I'm not defending the VV system, I'm pointing out the fact that dealers still can't/won't seem to use it.

one more time...its because its in ANOTHER ( now defunct ) dealerships inventory....I cant look it up either...seems the car has slipped through being transferred to the dealer that is actually receiving the vehicle....dont rightfully know how you have acess, but one dealer cannot track anothers inventory....

one more time...its because its in ANOTHER ( now defunct ) dealerships inventory....I cant look it up either...seems the car has slipped through being transferred to the dealer that is actually receiving the vehicle....dont rightfully know how you have acess, but one dealer cannot track anothers inventory....

exactly..

all im getting is hear say from the dealer SM stating that he has escalated to his Regional Manager,

that the car shipped and should have been changed MID TRANSIT to the correct dealership. (Stevens Ford) Milford Ct.

Why would Ford take an X-plan order that was for a specific dealer, even though its closed and just decide to ship it to another dealer (Bob Thomas Ford, Hamden Ct), when all orders were supposed to be changed to Stevens, without even contacting me? especially when Ford HAS all my information regarding the car, they could have called/emailed at any point and asked me where to ship the car.

now there is a huge logistics issue. that no one other than certain individuals can trace. and no recent updates on shipped vehicle, no one can tell me an ETA. only approximately where the car is

I cant thank everyone enough for the info provided to me, what im trying to do is help others in the future, including myself in future orders,

hopefully someone from Ford gets a hint as to the aggravating nature of my situation and alot of other customers.

my circumstance is extremely rare but unfortunately that is the situation i'm in at the moment.

Remember when I mentioned that dealers compete against each other but Ford corporate employees are working toward the same goal?

big crock if you asked me, cloaked in secrecy all, IMO the system is counter productive to say the least....and Viper...we are all working towards the same goals....we ALL want to move more vehicles....GLORY HOUND!....lol