2005 & 2006 Excursion Bumper & Grille Compatible?

vnardo

We have a 2005 Ford Excursion (our 2nd excursion) and will never get rid of it. It has low mileage and is great for long drives with the 4 kids.

I am hoping someone will easily know if the newer 2006 grille, bumper and fenders will direct bolt onto the 2005, and if the hood also has to be changed. I want to update the front end, and I believe the last year was the 2006.

Also, I want to change out the side view mirrors, and was hoping I could put the same mirrors as are on my 2008 F450 SuperDuty.

If anyone can help, thanks!

2005 was the final year for Excursions. The 2005's have the same newer (4-bar) )grille and bumper as the 2005-07 Super Duties, but 4X4s did not get the coil spring front suspensions. The side mirrors should interchange with 2008 Superduty mirrors. However If your current mirrors are the standard power mirrors, the doors are probably not wired to accommodate the turn signals and the running lights on the elephant ear mirrors.

I believe all you have to change is the bumper and grille, with maybe a few support pieces to make it all work. Fender and hood should be fine. The lights are up to you whether you want to go with the new one piece or keep the ones you have. They do make kits online with all the parts you need to make it easy. Same with the mirrors.