Debate: Did Ford pull the plug on Mercury prematurely?

Did Ford pull the plug on Mercury prematurely?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Did Ford pull the plug on Mercury prematurely?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral

It sounds like you just want Lincoln to fail so you can say "See Ford? You shoulda kept Mercury instead." :rolleyes:

No, I don't want Lincoln go the way of Mercury. I know Ford will try with Lincoln, but I personally want to see Lincoln be special and a true premium brand. Maybe the footprint is in what the latest Mustang GT did to the BMW 3 Series M. Why can't Lincoln compete with Germany's best? Lincoln should get Ford's halo vehicles, and maybe even a super, exotic car if Ford chooses to do one again. Hot Rod Lincoln is still in Lincoln's DNA somewhere, although buried in warmed over Fords. A premium luxury sedan that even blows the socks off the latest Jag, and a performance exotica like what Audi just came out with. And a luxury SUV that can easily compete with a Cayenne. I know Ford can do it if it wants to. The Mustang GT proves the engineering and skill is there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hot Rod Lincoln is still in Lincoln's DNA somewhere, although buried in warmed over Fords. A premium luxury sedan that even blows the socks off the latest Jag, and a performance exotica like what Audi just came out with.

HotRodLincoln.jpg

Exactly where is this buried other than the 1955 song?

Course I want to buy me a Mercury and cruise up and down this road.. but it ain't gonna happen. You need to separate reality out of fantasy and urban myth.