Is this bold?

Just curious  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What (if anything) do you like about these vehicles?

• Interior
    • Exterior
    • Power
    • All of the above

FPV Site

I am just wondering if I am the only person these cars appeal to. It seems to me that Ford is a lot more aggressive in there design and marketing. I know the topic has been beaten to death in the school of free though forum as far as bringing them over here to sell. The general consensus is it is not cost effective. Not looking for any flames, just wondering others thoughts...

Brett

Both GM's and Ford's Aussie cars are too blandly styled and too crudely engineered to be successful in the U.S.

The press begged for these cars for years. Then GM gave us the GTO. Once the car was actually here, neither the press nor the general public were too crazy about it.

These particular cars look like riced-up enlarged Contours. I owned a 1996 Contour SE, loved it, but that sort of styling didn't fly in the mid-1990s, and it won't fly a decade later.

Edited by mkaresh

FPV Site

I am just wondering if I am the only person these cars appeal to. It seems to me that Ford is a lot more aggressive in there design and marketing. I know the topic has been beaten to death in the school of free though forum as far as bringing them over here to sell. The general consensus is it is not cost effective. Not looking for any flames, just wondering others thoughts...

Brett

My vote is for the power. The styling is...well...OK. It looks somewhat dated to me. Perhaps evolutionary rather than revolutionary, almost like I've kind of seen it before. In the case of the GTO, it was the power that appealed to people, not the styling. It didn't look anything like what potential buyers thought a GTO should look like. I would bet that if one of those Ford models were sold here as a Falcon and the high horsepower option was available it would be successful. The Ute is the model I'd like to see here most. If that small high-powered pickup was for sale at my local Ford dealer, I might have to replace my F150 with one. I've always liked the Ranchero concept.

MR

• 2 weeks later...