LOCAL 228 ELECTIONS --------- LET'S TALK

SIMPLE MAN

I spoke with our plant commitee (NW, LB), chairman (KG) and president (JT) when these mods came out and not one of them spoke for or against them. They simply presented the facts as they saw them and told me to make a decsion. MY OWN DECISION. I am all for holding our elected officials accountable but by your logic you should also be on here bashing KG, LB, and NW. In fact, the only person who I spoke with that was vocal in condemning the mods was TW who is running for plant commitee. Why you are singling out JT is a mystery to me unless it is for political reasons.

Also, why are yelling in every post?

Singling out JT? ... quit whining, I was replying to YOUR post. you were praising JT for being a great Union man,...and how connected he was downtown...REMEMBER? Now..this is not Rocket science...I am saying...I could never vote for a President of a Union that Did Not come out against any Union Member giving up their right to strike...The One guy that did come out against..will have my vote. I agreed withyou saying Jeff was connected downtown. HOWEVER the truth of the matter is HE IS MILES AWAY from the us on the floor.. I am amused with all of you scrambling to cover his a--. I have a great idea, you guys should just use the John Kerry excuse...I was for them ..before I was against them.. FACTS ARE FACTS! Union Presidents should NEVER be in favor of giving up right to strike...GET IT have a good one!

John Bakalis for guide.--------------------------------------------------------This guy is a class act all the way.----------------------------------------------------------He started off in 1998 or so and worked a few years as production before going on to trades.-------------------------------------------------------He understands both sides well and is very capable in that respect.------------------------------------------------------When you talk about work ethics you're talking about John.---------------------------------------------------------He is the type of guy that brings pen and paper to the union meetings.-----------------------------------------------------He is the smart choice for our membership, he will serve us well and he will not let us down.

alright,, they told you to make a decision on your own, thats because they knew it was bad, trust me. The last mods were done by JT right? than he came in telling everyone to vote for it that it was good and we have to vote yes, then he got some buddies from downtown into the shop to help him get some yes votes, and fights almost started in the fab shop when tempers flared,, yes i witnessed it, couple days later JT started saying that its bad and to vote no,,, why?

Excuse me, Jeff Terry called in International Reps in our plant to get the agreement ratified??? Get your facts straight jackass!!!

So, your telling everyone on B.O.N. that Jeff Terry sent INTUAW into every plant in the in Ford Motor Company?? LOL ROFL..

Wow, Jeff Terry is more powerful than President shittyfinger..I think Jeff was trying to protect the plant and our jobs from the Ford and INTUAW.

Knowing how powerful Jeff Terry is now, I will vote for him for anything he ever runs for!! lol Great spin douchebag!!

I think anyone who is talking about getting rid of Jeff Terry as our President is a complete jackass.

He is the most experienced President there is in the uaw at his young age.

There is not one person more respected than Jeff.

All the powertrain plants vote for him to represent them in negotiations, if we did lose him we lose that staus, which by the way is very important to our plant getting work.

Why would anyone come on here and attack the one guy who does his job and as far as I am concerned he does it better than anyone I have seen in a long time!!!

Besides did you see the list of canidates for President??? Please!!! I'll stop now because it aint even close.. Like the dude or not!!

Management would love to see all new Elected in the plants.

In fact they are probably drooling over the possibilities.

What you need to remember Union Reps follow a path to get the skills and knowledge they gain over a career in coming up thru the farm system.

There is no way any member out there can go from the floor to Bargaining, Chair or local President and be effective. If that did happen it would take years of trial and error to truly make a good leader.

Voter beware!!!

Good luck

Management loves you licking dick too.

Keep up the good work!

400 now 228....

Just for the record, our president did originally come out in favor of the last mod....

Our president did NOT take a fifty percent pay cut to save our local money....

Dave Dooley was the one who brought us back to Ford.... Of this there is no question.....

My facts are right.... I'm not bashing anyone.... Just the facts.....

It's my understanding our president doesn't have any credible competition....

Jeff will be reelected....

Solidarity

Facts , REALLY ???? that has been 1 thing that this membership has NOT heard from people like you NW ,TW,FS , their are some facts though that should be metioned since you brought them up . People should be aware of plenty ,tell the people NW how do people with some of the LOWEST seniority get jobs without postings under your WATCH how would you explain that ? also changing shifts during an election really NW nice try, TW runnin around liein to people about others , FS defacin peoples campain material , losin grieveances , or trading them for somethin Hmmm who just got a new job ??, these 3 should be ashamed of what they will do to win , and hopefully that changes after JUNE 1
  • Like 1

Singling out JT? ... quit whining, I was replying to YOUR post. you were praising JT for being a great Union man,...and how connected he was downtown...REMEMBER? Now..this is not Rocket science...I am saying...I could never vote for a President of a Union that Did Not come out against any Union Member giving up their right to strike...The One guy that did come out against..will have my vote. I agreed withyou saying Jeff was connected downtown. HOWEVER the truth of the matter is HE IS MILES AWAY from the us on the floor.. I am amused with all of you scrambling to cover his a--. I have a great idea, you guys should just use the John Kerry excuse...I was for them ..before I was against them.. FACTS ARE FACTS! Union Presidents should NEVER be in favor of giving up right to strike...GET IT have a good one!

Joanne, you are very fat...... (long awkward pause)................ you look like you smell horrible.... (longer pause)............................................... I would not know because I dare not get close enough to the beast. I see you (very easily I might add, from long distance) laboring the poor cart you ride on down the aisle way every day. You make that poor cart look like a test model from experimental engineering trying to push the max weight limit for future research and development. Your the reason we have pot holes all over the plant floor. I always think to myself... I know how you got the job you have. Your gross, REALLY gross. Just because Dooley liked unpainted fat hog feet with calluses, that you would show him in his office does not give you the job you have unposted. Your a joke, your fat, and Dooley's foot fetish for fat chicks can't protect you anymore. You slob ignorant fuck.

Facts , REALLY ???? that has been 1 thing that this membership has NOT heard from people like you NW ,TW,FS , their are some facts though that should be metioned since you brought them up . People should be aware of plenty ,tell the people NW how do people with some of the LOWEST seniority get jobs without postings under your WATCH how would you explain that ? also changing shifts during an election really NW nice try, TW runnin around liein to people about others , FS defacin peoples campain material , losin grieveances , or trading them for somethin Hmmm who just got a new job ??, these 3 should be ashamed of what they will do to win , and hopefully that changes after JUNE 1

Sounds like the cronyism at Romeo. Exactly like it, as a matter of fact.

Reuther is spinning so fast his eyelashes are now a combover.

Edited by Trufflebuns

If only elections weren't based on qualifications and job performance.--------------------------------------------------Then Frank Saez may have a chance.-------------------------------------------------------Mr Saez has had plenty of time to show us what he is all about.--------------------------------------------------------And shown us he has.----------------------------------------------------------He has proven himself to be less than adequate more than his fair share.--------------------------------------------------------His abrasive attitude and loud, boisterous, obnoxious behavior has no place in the committee room.---------------------------------------------------------Regualarly misses meetings, never around, sneaking in and out of departments only speaking to a select few.----------------------------------------------------------Why is this?---------------------------------------------------------Is he avoiding his duties?-------------------------------------------------------We have seen enough of the Frank Saez show.---------------------------------------------------------It's time to change the channel.

Joanne, you are very fat...... (long awkward pause)................ you look like you smell horrible.... (longer pause)............................................... I would not know because I dare not get close enough to the beast. I see you (very easily I might add, from long distance) laboring the poor cart you ride on down the aisle way every day. You make that poor cart look like a test model from experimental engineering trying to push the max weight limit for future research and development. Your the reason we have pot holes all over the plant floor. I always think to myself... I know how you got the job you have. Your gross, REALLY gross. Just because Dooley liked unpainted fat hog feet with calluses, that you would show him in his office does not give you the job you have unposted. Your a joke, your fat, and Dooley's foot fetish for fat chicks can't protect you anymore. You slob ignorant fuck.

Simple mind......First tango IS NOT Joanne!!!! You are really pathetic. Now that you got all that off your chest I will Force you back to the issue you obviously you don't want to face.....Jeff Terry The "great Union man" WAS in favor of his membership giving up their right to strike...And it was Jeff Terry who used the threat of job losses to obtain a yes vote....Throwing around all the insults in the world will never change the facts....Now come out from under the desk and choke on that awhile!!!!

Fair enough, you were replying to my post. We will just not agree. JT never came up to me and told me to vote for the mods. Like I said, no one came up to me and condemned the mods but I am not about to vote in a whole new Bargaining Comittee and President. I do believe he is good for the membership, however I am no JT fanboy. I do not always like his politics. I ask you this though, If not JT for president, then who? Other than JT I dont see any viable candidates ...little or no experience in the bunch.

Fair enough, you were replying to my post. We will just not agree. JT never came up to me and told me to vote for the mods. Like I said, no one came up to me and condemned the mods but I am not about to vote in a whole new Bargaining Comittee and President. I do believe he is good for the membership, however I am no JT fanboy. I do not always like his politics. I ask you this though, If not JT for president, then who? Other than JT I dont see any viable candidates ...little or no experience in the bunch.

And around we go again...you bring me back to my origanal point..JT SHOULD of been out there telling his union brothers and sisters NOT to give up their right to strike and...that he would fight Ford to keep work here..not threaten with the loss of work...He did not do that because he did not want to offend those that he is so connect to...As far as experience.....it is Union 101 The strike is the most powerful weapon any union can have always has been and always will be...It was very plain to see in his presenting the mods over several days his loyalties were connect higher up and not with us. That became very clear when the vote clearly went against his position...Most experienced???doesn't mean a thing if you can't trust him...That's JT's problem right now.

Let's talk about district 2.------------------------------------------------------------Angelo Lupo is exactly the type of district committee person needed.-------------------------------------------------------He is more than qualified.----------------------------------------------------He has successfully completed numerous classes, and his on the job experience as our alternate plant committee has solidified the fact he is up for any challenge.----------------------------------------------------Mr Lupo puts forth the extra effort and work.---------------------------------------------------------He has a passion for this union of ours and all its members.------------------------------------------------------He is a fighter who treats everyone equally.------------------------------------------------------Long after some other reps are gone for the day Angelo is still here working.------------------------------------------------------Mr Lupo means business.-----------------------------------------------------He is in attendance at the union meetings and contributes.--------------------------------------------------Angelo knows the contract well.---------------------------------------------------------When you see him the contract book is surely close at hand.---------------------------------------------------------He is professional in his dealings with management, his behavior will not escalate the situation and make things worse for the employee.-----------------------------------------------------Mr Lupo treats people with dignity and respect and when elected will demand nothing less from management.---------------------------------------------------The choice for district 2 committee is clearly an easy choice.-------------------------------------------------------That choice is Angelo Lupo.

When I look at the position of plant chairperson, I see Kenn Gafa is the man with the plan.---------------------------------------------------------While both Kenn and Neil are qualified on paper, I've seen how Mr Gafa puts those qualifications to use on the job, on a day to day basis.--------------------------------------------------------He has started to change the culture of complacency in our committee room.---------------------------------------------------------I've watched Mr Gafa holding informal meetings with the committee and other reps.---------------------------------------------------------He fosters teamwork, and listens to every side of an issue.--------------------------------------------------------Kenn knows his way around the plant floor as well.---------------------------------------------------------You have probably seen him out walking the floor regularly talking to all members about any issues they may have.---------------------------------------------------------And not just at election time mind you.----------------------------------------------------------We are making real forward progress here. No one can dispute that.---------------------------------------------------------You want to talk about a candidate for the people, then you're talking about Kenn.---------------------------------------------------------He is accountable and he is accessible.---------------------------------------------------Mr Gafa is a man of action.-------------------------------------------------------Meaning he isn't the type to sit back and react to an issue, he will seek them out and make every effort to correct them.---------------------------------------------------------Furthermore he is a family man. A man with morals and integrity.----------------------------------------------------When re-elected Kenn will continue to represent us in a professional manner that gets results.------------------------------------------------------Kenn will continue to work with all elected and appointed reps to secure our livelihoods here at sterling.-----------------------------------------------------He will never let petty differences stand in the way of the bigger picture.------------------------------------------------------I am confident Kenn Gafa is better for not only the present but also the future here at sterling.-----------------------------------------------------Those are a few of the plethora of reasons why he is the candidate for the job, and why he will get my vote on Tuesday April 13th.

I spoke with our plant commitee (NW, LB), chairman (KG) and president (JT) when these mods came out and not one of them spoke for or against them. They simply presented the facts as they saw them and told me to make a decsion. MY OWN DECISION. I am all for holding our elected officials accountable but by your logic you should also be on here bashing KG, LB, and NW. In fact, the only person who I spoke with that was vocal in condemning the mods was TW who is running for plant commitee. Why you are singling out JT is a mystery to me unless it is for political reasons.

Also, why are yelling in every post?

I agree, I am not a Jeff Terry fanboy either but I know he does a good job. If that was his only mistake, I'll accept it. The other people running aginst him are a complete joke. No experience in any of them. Could you imagine if we elected any one of those other people?

Here is how I am voting

Pres..........Jeff Terry

VP..............Tony Vultaggio

Rec............Diane Virelli

Fin..............Dino Guido or Lisa Muyberry

Sgt Arms...Lorenzo Robinson

Guide........John Balakis

Trustees...Freddie Haynes,Angelo Sacino,Al Doss

Executive Board..Julia Ternzi, Tony Grillo,Angela Brown,not sure

Chairman..................Kenn Gafa

Plt. Committee.........Paul Torrentee, Sam Vultaggio

Committeeman.......Angelo Lupo

• Like 1

I agree, I am not a Jeff Terry fanboy either but I know he does a good job. If that was his only mistake, I'll accept it. The other people running aginst him are a complete joke. No experience in any of them. Could you imagine if we elected any one of those other people?

Here is how I am voting

Pres..........Jeff Terry

Edited by jonjoe

Excuse me, Jeff Terry called in International Reps in our plant to get the agreement ratified??? Get your facts straight jackass!!!

So, your telling everyone on B.O.N. that Jeff Terry sent INTUAW into every plant in the in Ford Motor Company?? LOL ROFL..

Wow, Jeff Terry is more powerful than President shittyfinger..I think Jeff was trying to protect the plant and our jobs from the Ford and INTUAW.

Knowing how powerful Jeff Terry is now, I will vote for him for anything he ever runs for!! lol Great spin douchebag!!

I think anyone who is talking about getting rid of Jeff Terry as our President is a complete jackass.

He is the most experienced President there is in the uaw at his young age.

There is not one person more respected than Jeff.

All the powertrain plants vote for him to represent them in negotiations, if we did lose him we lose that staus, which by the way is very important to our plant getting work.

Why would anyone come on here and attack the one guy who does his job and as far as I am concerned he does it better than anyone I have seen in a long time!!!

Besides did you see the list of canidates for President??? Please!!! I'll stop now because it aint even close.. Like the dude or not!!

i am not coming out against JT, why,, there is no one credible to vote for besides JT and Shimmer,,, i am just pointing out facts that were misrepresented in earlier posts... yes there was a small army of people walking around with Jeff trying to get people to vote yes on the last mods,,,,, if you did not see them,, you must've been in a cave, JT was saying its a good contract and we are not losing anything, than a few days later for what ever reason he started agreeing with the membership that it was bad and to vote no on it,,, FACT!!!!! ALL FACTS!!!! There were about 30 tradesmen in the fab shop millwright crib withn international reps and MW's and others were getting loud and the rest of us were waiting for the next step lol i witnessed it and had words of my own with one of them... and during that time you could not go by M-11 without seeing international reps and other members of the union camped out at the coffee pot discussing that crap mod.

and another thing,,, when you say multiple plants voted for him, did you vote for him to be in that position?? no, no one on the floor did,, that vote on that level is handled differently, there is a peeking order at that level and the people that vote is told to vote that way,,, trust me on that,, when you start hanging out with international reps, you find out who is in line for what, like when i was involved years ago, i found out 2 years before gettlefinger was getting in that he was next in line and that red dog was not gonna be in line before he retired,,

i am not coming out against JT, why,, there is no one credible to vote for besides JT and Shimmer,,, i am just pointing out facts that were misrepresented in earlier posts... yes there was a small army of people walking around with Jeff trying to get people to vote yes on the last mods,,,,, if you did not see them,, you must've been in a cave, JT was saying its a good contract and we are not losing anything, than a few days later for what ever reason he started agreeing with the membership that it was bad and to vote no on it,,, FACT!!!!! ALL FACTS!!!! There were about 30 tradesmen in the fab shop millwright crib withn international reps and MW's and others were getting loud and the rest of us were waiting for the next step lol i witnessed it and had words of my own with one of them... and during that time you could not go by M-11 without seeing international reps and other members of the union camped out at the coffee pot discussing that crap mod.

and another thing,,, when you say multiple plants voted for him, did you vote for him to be in that position?? no, no one on the floor did,, that vote on that level is handled differently, there is a peeking order at that level and the people that vote is told to vote that way,,, trust me on that,, when you start hanging out with international reps, you find out who is in line for what, like when i was involved years ago, i found out 2 years before gettlefinger was getting in that he was next in line and that red dog was not gonna be in line before he retired,,

When VP Bob King came thru my area during the Mods he greeted me personally and asked if I had any questions on the modifications. I did have a few and he answered each one at length. Never pressured me, never threatened closing a plant or losing current products. The days following other reps came thru to answer questions. They were polite and never used scare tactics or bullying in any way. Although I dont know your location and I doubt the reps treated you guys different than us.

I do believe this post is politically charged to discredit the reps at your location.

So sad.

Hopefully the membership can see thru this BS.

Shows that you hang out with the wrong INT reps...RedDog was offered the Presidents job before Gettlefinger..Gettlefinger was asked 3rd..after Gooden and Terry..get your facts straight know it all....

Here is how I am voting

Pres..........Jeff Terry

YOU and I both , Ron Leslie is also a very good pick for trustee , he has served us well on the election commitee

And around we go again...you bring me back to my origanal point..JT SHOULD of been out there telling his union brothers and sisters NOT to give up their right to strike and...that he would fight Ford to keep work here..not threaten with the loss of work...He did not do that because he did not want to offend those that he is so connect to...As far as experience.....it is Union 101 The strike is the most powerful weapon any union can have always has been and always will be...It was very plain to see in his presenting the mods over several days his loyalties were connect higher up and not with us. That became very clear when the vote clearly went against his position...Most experienced???doesn't mean a thing if you can't trust him...That's JT's problem right now.

You know JP , if you want to talk facts then you should actually think about what your telling people on the floor because from what i know STERLINGS has got it pretty darn good compared to the other axle plants in this country , oh thats right their is NO more axle plants in the USA any more, bet your not tellin people that on the floor...Just some facts you might what to read up on .... Loyalty is something you JP know nothing about , I've heard time and time again the BS about JT goin downtown , but instead he has stayed at sterling what would you call that ?? I dont always agree with JT but their is one thing that is clear he has done his best for this plant and for the membership at sterling , and if you think it's a good idea to attack instead of tring to support the cause then you have NO place in the leadership at local 228...

Wow-----------------------------------------------------------That's all I can say.----------------------------------------------------------Letter in the plant today saying that I was for the modifications.------------------------------------------------Anyone can see from my past posts I was against giving up anything.-----------------------------------------------------Letter goes on to say that I am an elected official or better yet 5 different elected officials.----------------------------------------------------I have said time and time again what I am.-----------------------------------------------------------I am a production worker on the line.---------------------------------------------------------For whomever put that letter out I challenge you to a discussion on this public forum so we may clear the air from the stench of your bullsh*t.-----------------------------------------------------I will be waiting.------------------------------------------------------Thank you.