LOCAL 228 ELECTIONS --------- LET'S TALK

SIMPLE MAN

To aNsWer your post.---------------------------------------------------------I am not part of the aforementioned slate nor am I a politician up for election.-----------------------------------------------------I remain a worker on the line, and that's what I always have been.---------------------------------------------------------I may Not have alWays kNoWn you, but I don't have a problem with you.----------------------------------------------------------We agree on Larry but I can tell you that Torrente is ready.--------------------------------------------------------He has my full support.

Cal Clark.--------------------------------------------------------I've noticed all of your posters up everywhere.---------------------------------------------------You've been off the floor in some capacity or another for a good little while now haven't you Mr Clark?--------------------------------------------------------What you have failed to mention on your flyers is the most important fact about you in my opinion.------------------------------------------------------Mr Clark you are RETIRED.------------------------------------------------------Think outside the box for a moment if you will Cal, and put yourself in our shoes.--------------------------------------------------------Why would we want a RETIREE in the local leadership?---------------------------------------------------If you were the hard working UAW man in it for the long haul that you claim to be you wouldn't have RETIRED now would you Cal?----------------------------------------------------------I'm going to say a word now that may scare you Mr Clark.....CHANGE.---------------------------------------------And I'm not referring to the jingle in your pockets either Cal.----------------------------------------------------------Change isn't always easy however sometimes it is very necessary.----------------------------------------------------Mr Clark we need a change at the position of financial secretary.----------------------------------------------------Surely, even you should be able to see that.

Edited by Stugots

This was a very good post. One of the few that does not just berate somebody with profanity and actually has a valid well thought out point. Yes Lupo is and will continue to be a good union man and should be a rising star within our local in the coming years. For all the people that continue to want to talk trash about Jeff Terry, they must not realize what some of us know, and that is that Jeff Terry is well connected downtown and is instrumental to the future of Sterling. Like him or not but it is the truth.

YOU ARE CORRECT...JEFF IS CONNECTED DOWNTOWN...THAT'S THE PROBLEM...HE SHOWED WHO HE IS LOYAL TO WITH THE LAST MODS..GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO STRIKE OR WE WON'T GET WORK!!!!!!LIAR...LIAR..HOW CAN A UNION MAN EVEN THINK OF GIVING UP HIS RIGHT TO STRIKE? HE'S DRIFTED TOO FAR AWAY FROM THE MEMBERSHIP. ANYONE THAT PUSHES THOSE MODS SHOULD NOT BE OUR PRES.

You are saying Jeff walked around in support of the mods?---------------------------------------------------------I thought it was international reps like Rebecca that walked around in support.------------------------------------------------------Jeff waited for our vote to see what we wanted and he backed us 110%.

You are saying Jeff walked around in support of the mods?---------------------------------------------------------I thought it was international reps like Rebecca that walked around in support.------------------------------------------------------Jeff waited for our vote to see what we wanted and he backed us 110%.

SORRY.... EVEN JEFF TERRY CANT RE WRITE HISTORY....MAY BE YOU SHOULD GO BACK AND READ SOME OF THE POSTS AT THE TIME...ALL THE B.S. ABOUT LOOSING WORK HE HIT IT HARD AND HEAVY AND WE ALL KNOW IT. IS HE A LIAR? OR IS HE JUST INCOMPETENT? WILL HE BE USING HIS 'OWN' ELECTION COMMITTEE AGAIN THIS TIME TOO? AS YOU SAY 'HE WAITED' WHAT KIND OF UNION PRESIDENT WOULD 'WAIT' ON A ISSUE AS IMPORTANT AS GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO STRIKE???????WHAT KIND OF LEADERSHIP IS THAT? YOUR PRESIDENT SHOULD BE THE FIRST VOTING AGAINST THAT....NOT THE LAST!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you're saying you were standing over Jeffs shoulder as he cast his vote at the local?---------------------------------------------------------International, like it or not (I choose not) shoved the mods down local leaderships throat.-------------------------------------------------------We were given the choice in our semi-democratic union to decide to pass or not to pass.---------------------------------------------------------Now to your other points, Jeff doesn't post here.---------------------------------------------------------So when you say read the past posts I don't understand where you are coming from.---------------------------------------------------------I posted against the mods, hell I could be Jeff, but alas I'm not. And as I said I'm fairly certain he doesn't post here.---------------------------------------------------------I feel you have a personal vendetta against Jeff.

Now you're saying you were standing over Jeffs shoulder as he cast his vote at the local?---------------------------------------------------------International, like it or not (I choose not) shoved the mods down local leaderships throat.-------------------------------------------------------We were given the choice in our semi-democratic union to decide to pass or not to pass.---------------------------------------------------------Now to your other points, Jeff doesn't post here.---------------------------------------------------------So when you say read the past posts I don't understand where you are coming from.---------------------------------------------------------I posted against the mods, hell I could be Jeff, but alas I'm not. And as I said I'm fairly certain he doesn't post here.---------------------------------------------------------I feel you have a personal vendetta against Jeff.

ARE YOU SAYING JEFF DID NOT SUPPORT THE MODS? WHY SHOULD WE EVEN HAVE TO GUESS...SHOULDN'T OUR LEADERSHIP MAKE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR HOW THEY STAND? JEFF STOOD ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THIS ISSUE AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT.... YOUR DEFENDING HIM ON IT IS JUST MAKING IT WORSE FOR HIM... IF HE IS SO PROUD OF HIS STANCE HE SHOULD COME OUT AND SAY SO...STOP TRYING TO HIDE FROM IT,OR REWRITE IT...THAT IS WHAT LEADERSHIP IS AND DOES. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS..OUR OTHER LOCAL REPS CAME OUT FOR OR AGAINST AS DID FROM ALL OTHER LOCALS......PERSONAL VENDETTA AGAINST JEFF....I WOULD NOT SAY THAT BUT WOULD NEVER SUPPORT ANYONE WHO FELT THOSE MODS WERE A GOOD IDEA...MY JOB MY ABILITY TO EARN A GOOD LIVING LIKE HE DID...IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT... WHEN YOUR IN A POSITION OF LEADERSHIP YOU CAN'T GET AWAY WITH HIDING, RUNNING AWAY FROM POSITIONS YOU HAVE TAKEN... I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM THAT THE ISSUE CAME TO A VOTE THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE.. I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANYONE IN A LEADERSHIP POSITION THAT DID NOT COME OUT AGAINST...JEFF TERRY NEVER CAME OUT AGAINST THEM...YOU CAN'T SKIRT THE ISSUE!!!!!!!HOW DO YOU KNOW JEFF DOESN'T POST HERE? HOW IS IT YOU ARE SO CERTAIN? IF HE DOES NOT DIRECTLY HE HAS HIS CHEERLEADERS DOING IT ON HIS BEHALF HIM. THATS WHAT A LITTLE BIRD TOLD ME OR SHOULD I SAY A EAGLE TO ME . YOU NEED TO GET REAL...APPARENTLY YOU ARE IN NEED OF A PAIR OF POM

POMS!!!!!

It's Just Part of the job I guess to have Jealous People make fabrications and attempt to connect dots that don't exist.--------------------------------------------------------When you say everyone knows it who are you referring to?-----------------------------------------------------------I haven't heard any large maJority of People reverberate your statements.---------------------------------------------------As I said earlier it Just aPpears to be you and an obvious personal issue with Jeff our President.----------------------------------------------------I don't think Jeff is hiding from anything.-----------------------------------------------------You may easily reach him if you made an attempt, take up your issue with him directly.-----------------------------------------------------I am fairly certain he doesn't Jump on and Post here because i have my little birds as well.---------------------------------------------------------Good luck in the election

It's Just Part of the job I guess to have Jealous People make fabrications and attempt to connect dots that don't exist.--------------------------------------------------------When you say everyone knows it who are you referring to?-----------------------------------------------------------I haven't heard any large maJority of People reverberate your statements.---------------------------------------------------As I said earlier it Just aPpears to be you and an obvious personal issue with Jeff our President.----------------------------------------------------I don't think Jeff is hiding from anything.-----------------------------------------------------You may easily reach him if you made an attempt, take up your issue with him directly.-----------------------------------------------------I am fairly certain he doesn't Jump on and Post here because i have my little birds as well.---------------------------------------------------------Good luck in the election

FABRICATIONS????????YES OR NO...DID OUR PRESIDENT,JEFF TERRY COME ON THE FLOOR AND POSITION HIMSELF AGAINST THE MODS????ANYTHING LESS THAN YES OR NO IS DODGING !!!!!!!!!!END OF DEBATE!!!!!!!

FABRICATIONS????????YES OR NO...DID OUR PRESIDENT,JEFF TERRY COME ON THE FLOOR AND POSITION HIMSELF AGAINST THE MODS????ANYTHING LESS THAN YES OR NO IS DODGING !!!!!!!!!!END OF DEBATE!!!!!!!

Maybe you should read the detroit news article that our President was quoted saying a week before the mods!!!!!!!

He is quoted saying "the Leadership nor membership is NOT in favor of ANY changes in the contract at this time!!

IN THE DETROIT NEWS and FREEPRESS!!! Look it up!!!!Quit bashing our president Joanne...by the way Joanne how did you get your job?

You don't even have seniority to hold day shift let alone have the best job in the plant? How did you get you job?

Honesty and integrity??? what a fing joke!

SORRY.... EVEN JEFF TERRY CANT RE WRITE HISTORY....MAY BE YOU SHOULD GO BACK AND READ SOME OF THE POSTS AT THE TIME...ALL THE B.S. ABOUT LOOSING WORK HE HIT IT HARD AND HEAVY AND WE ALL KNOW IT. IS HE A LIAR? OR IS HE JUST INCOMPETENT? WILL HE BE USING HIS 'OWN' ELECTION COMMITTEE AGAIN THIS TIME TOO? AS YOU SAY 'HE WAITED' WHAT KIND OF UNION PRESIDENT WOULD 'WAIT' ON A ISSUE AS IMPORTANT AS GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO STRIKE???????WHAT KIND OF LEADERSHIP IS THAT? YOUR PRESIDENT SHOULD BE THE FIRST VOTING AGAINST THAT....NOT THE LAST!!!!!!!!!!!

What has the president done to you ???? keep you working , brought sterling back to ford ,get new commitments of NEW work , if it wasnt for him I dont know were i'd be so for that i'm greatfull ,this girl running for president is a JOKE supported by people that dont know what their talking about ! I think he has done his best , and wont be gambling me or my familys well being for a political HACK ....

Not everything in life can be black and white JP.--------------------------------------------------------You know just as well as I do JP, there are gray areas.

GRAY AREAS???ARE YOU SERIOUS???COULD NOT BE ANY MORE BLACK OR WHITE..THE QUESTION TO YOU WAS DID OUR PRESIDENT WALK THE FLOOR OR IN ANY WAY COME OUT TO HIS MEMBERSHIP AGAINST THE MODS????DID HE EVER COME OUT AGAINST THE MEMBERS GIVING UP THEIR RIGHT TO STRIKE??????YOU GUYS CAN DANCE AROUND THE ISSUE ALL YOU WANT BUT FACTS ARE FACTS...HE WAS ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE MODS...I GO BACK TO WHAT I SAID FROM THE BEGINNING JEFF IS MORE CONNECTED WITH THE REGION AND DOWNTOWN THAN HE IS TO THE MEMBERS....ALL THE WORK HEEEE BROUGHT IN OH YEAH YOU MEAN ALLL THE WORK THAT HEEE WAS GOING TO LOOSE IF WE TURNED DOWN THE MODS. I MUST REPEAT HE IS EITHER A LIAR OR HE IS INCOMPETENT.. YOU DECIDE....STICK TO ISSUES NOT BASHING

GRAY AREAS???ARE YOU SERIOUS???COULD NOT BE ANY MORE BLACK OR WHITE..THE QUESTION TO YOU WAS DID OUR PRESIDENT WALK THE FLOOR OR IN ANY WAY COME OUT TO HIS MEMBERSHIP AGAINST THE MODS????DID HE EVER COME OUT AGAINST THE MEMBERS GIVING UP THEIR RIGHT TO STRIKE??????YOU GUYS CAN DANCE AROUND THE ISSUE ALL YOU WANT BUT FACTS ARE FACTS...HE WAS ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE MODS...I GO BACK TO WHAT I SAID FROM THE BEGINNING JEFF IS MORE CONNECTED WITH THE REGION AND DOWNTOWN THAN HE IS TO THE MEMBERS....ALL THE WORK HEEEE BROUGHT IN OH YEAH YOU MEAN ALLL THE WORK THAT HEEE WAS GOING TO LOOSE IF WE TURNED DOWN THE MODS. I MUST REPEAT HE IS EITHER A LIAR OR HE IS INCOMPETENT.. YOU DECIDE....STICK TO ISSUES NOT BASHING

WHY ARE YOU YELLING ???? you should really get your facts straight before you BASH good people , he was explaining the MODS. not telling people how to vote the leadership ALL voted NO on reopening the contract ... So again get your facts right .... take some midol !

What do I have to do draw you a picture??-----------------------------------------------------You were not in the voting booth with that man.----------------------------------------------------------The facts you are waiving around is your sole opinion.------------------------------------------------------By not coming to the members in support of the mods Jeff showed what side he was on.-----------------------------------------------------------When Jeff didn't go job to job blowing smoke up your a*s that should tell you something.----------------------------------------------------JP tango why haven't you answered the question posed to you by disagree?-----------------------------------------------------Jeff is well respected internationally as well as with the members in the plant.--------------------------------------------------------Im done arguing this point we will see at election time.---------------------------------------------------------Thank you--

THE QUESTION TO YOU WAS DID OUR PRESIDENT WALK THE FLOOR OR IN ANY WAY COME OUT TO HIS MEMBERSHIP AGAINST THE MODS????DID HE EVER COME OUT AGAINST THE MEMBERS GIVING UP THEIR RIGHT TO STRIKE??????YOU GUYS CAN DANCE AROUND THE ISSUE ALL YOU WANT BUT FACTS ARE FACTS...HE WAS ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE MODS.

I spoke with our plant commitee (NW, LB), chairman (KG) and president (JT) when these mods came out and not one of them spoke for or against them. They simply presented the facts as they saw them and told me to make a decsion. MY OWN DECISION. I am all for holding our elected officials accountable but by your logic you should also be on here bashing KG, LB, and NW. In fact, the only person who I spoke with that was vocal in condemning the mods was TW who is running for plant commitee. Why you are singling out JT is a mystery to me unless it is for political reasons.

Also, why are yelling in every post?

Edited by fordd

I spoke with our plant commitee (NW, LB), chairman (KG) and president (JT) when these mods came out and not one of them spoke for or against them. They simply presented the facts as they saw them and told me to make a decsion. MY OWN DECISION. I am all for holding our elected officials accountable but by your logic you should also be on here bashing KG, LB, and NW. In fact, the only person who I spoke with that was vocal in condemning the mods was TW who is running for plant commitee. Why you are singling out JT is a mystery to me unless it is for political reasons.

Also, why are yelling in every post?

alright,, they told you to make a decision on your own, thats because they knew it was bad, trust me. The last mods were done by JT right? than he came in telling everyone to vote for it that it was good and we have to vote yes, then he got some buddies from downtown into the shop to help him get some yes votes, and fights almost started in the fab shop when tempers flared,, yes i witnessed it, couple days later JT started saying that its bad and to vote no,,, why?

he's a politician, has been since day one, smile, and shake your hand, telling you exactly what you want to hear to get your vote.

Maybe you think that crysler or gm , amexican axle got a better deal for their trades ?? Fords trades got the best deal and yes JT was part of it ...wow!

WHY ARE YOU YELLING ???? you should really get your facts straight before you BASH good people , he was explaining the MODS. not telling people how to vote the leadership ALL voted NO on reopening the contract ... So again get your facts right .... take some midol !

400 now 228....

Just for the record, our president did originally come out in favor of the last mod....

Our president did NOT take a fifty percent pay cut to save our local money....

Dave Dooley was the one who brought us back to Ford.... Of this there is no question.....

My facts are right.... I'm not bashing anyone.... Just the facts.....

It's my understanding our president doesn't have any credible competition....

Jeff will be reelected....

Solidarity

Management would love to see all new Elected in the plants.

In fact they are probably drooling over the possibilities.

What you need to remember Union Reps follow a path to get the skills and knowledge they gain over a career in coming up thru the farm system.

There is no way any member out there can go from the floor to Bargaining, Chair or local President and be effective. If that did happen it would take years of trial and error to truly make a good leader.

Voter beware!!!

Good luck