Is Ford planning a FT-86 rival

I would be happy with a ST version. I wonder if the Volvo 2.5 I5 will come over or will it be EcoBoost? My money is on EB.

Likely be the EB 2.0.

What if Mustang had to morph into an FT-86 like car in the future. Smaller, lighter, low cowl, no V-8?

OR

God forbid, transverse engine mount AWD?

Edited by Blue II

Dream on

Dream on

Dream on

Why not? The most engines would be the same as what is being used in NA products already and its not like Revoknuckle is going to be a EU only thing in the future. With the inflation of Mustang GT Pricing, a 25-27K Hot Focus makes sense now

Likely be the EB 2.0.

What if Mustang had to morph into an FT-86 like car in the future. Smaller, lighter, low cowl, no V-8?

OR

1. It wouldn't be a Mustang.

2. There would be riots in the streets.

3. Wouldn't be necessary.

Why not? The most engines would be the same as what is being used in NA products already and its not like Revoknuckle is going to be a EU only thing in the future. With the inflation of Mustang GT Pricing, a 25-27K Hot Focus makes sense now

What does the front suspension design have to do with anything? Passing US emissions and fuel regs is an issue, they can put whatever suspension design on it they want, the only thing that will make it successful and worth buying is if they put AWD on it.

hope you are wrong, 1.6 eco ( 180-190 hp for a Cooper S competitor ) 2.0 in a mainstream Focus ( 250-260 ) and the 2.5 in the RS version ( 300 ).....

I'm all but positive the 1.6L EB will be a mainstream option on the Focus, not a performance variant. Now a Fiesta ST with the 1.6L EB is a different story...

Likely be the EB 2.0.

OR

Then you just lost me as a buyer and probably anyone else that values a Mustang for what it represents.

Here's how I see it:

Regarding Focus, at least I'd like to see 3 and 5-dr HB. Most likely, a 4-dr sedan and a wagon. Engines include 1.6EB, 2.0, 2.0EB maybe 2.5. This will build up over the next few years. I can't see the point of a FT-86 rival considering performance versions of the Focus would be more practical. IIRC, the Probe was a good attempt after the Mustang/Probe issue. However, the Probe fell out of favor and the Hot-Hatch market remained.

IMHO, the Mustang will carry on as a RWD 2 dr coupe with available V8 power. I can't see the point why it would be any different. The fact that the V6 Mustang is such an improvement, it gives new buyers something to look at. I personally would have liked to see a Fusion Coupe with a D35 and 6M but now, I don't have too.