Ford has an opportunity with Mercury

Ironically what I have heard about the MKT styling is, either some like the rear, or they like the back, but very few seem to love the package completely. I'm not much for droppy asses on cars so I loathe the rear of the MKT...looks like a tear drop. I do like the front though...Like...not love...Like... I love the MKS front, it works for the sedans...

With less internal competition, Ford can now move its remaining brands more up market

Ford, Mercury and Lincoln could all benefit substantially for a move like that and I'd expect

that the chiefs would be looking at higher equipment levels and price points for all vehicles.

One thing I noticed about the Buick line is the use of "new" names for the product lines. Lacrosse, Lucerne, Enclave...now comes a "new" Buick with a throwback name...Regal. I think that GM should have left it named Insigna so that it can go forward with a new identity. I am re-thinking my suggestion of using the Sable name.....if Ford renames a car for Mercury....they should use a new name as well.....

Edited by twintornados

^ I hate the "C"
He's meaning a vehicle with SUV proportions, with styling similar to the MKC/Concept C.

yeahBut, Rmc... ...I hate everything about the "C" esp. its "styling"

oh wait

oddly enough imho it had über GREAT wheels

lincoln-concept-c-brake-580.jpg

throw the rest away icon8.gif

yeahBut, Rmc... ...I hate everything about the "C" esp. its "styling"

oh wait

oddly enough imho it had über GREAT wheels

lincoln-concept-c-brake-580.jpg

throw the rest away icon8.gif

Even though the proposed idea he's referring to would've changed the styling somewhat to make it fit/work on an SUV?

And I agree about the wheels!

I saw the most gorgeous looking Milan today ...it was a brand new Premier AWD in that new candy red/red candy pearl with the optional 18 inch wheels and rear spoiler and DAMN that was a AWESOME looking car....If I didn't just buy my Mariner in June I would go down and buy myself one of those immediately! ...I just wish you could get that color with the two tone interior ...it is only avail. in camel or all black ...ick

I always see Milan's in black,silver, or white and they have never really done it for me, but after seeing this one today WOW! :)

I agree with you on the styling of the Milan....in my opinion, Milan got the best treatment of the 3 (Fusion/Milan/MKZ) for my tastes, the Fusion has a "busy look" to it while the split grille of the MKZ is a little "over the top" for me ( I liked the first gen Zephyr/MKZ grille more, personal choice)...Milan has got the subdued elegant look down pat.....

Here’s what I’d do with the three brands:

Ford

Fiesta – As-is

Focus – Upcoming global Focus

Fusion – Merge with Mondeo

Taurus – Move to stretched Fusion/Mondeo platform

Falcon – RWD fullsize sedan, shared with AUS Falcon

Mustang – Evolution of current platform

Escape – CUV on Focus platform

Edge – CUV on Fusion platform

Flex – Stretched Edge (Taurus platform)

Explorer – CUV on Falcon platform

Mercury

All Mercury cars/CUVs will have different styling than Ford and will there will be a clear hierarchy between the brands.

Meteor – Fiesta platform

Comet – Focus platform

Milan – Fusion platform

Cougar – Mustang platform with IRS

Mariner – Escape platform

Lincoln

All Lincolns will have dedicated styling and be slotted clearly above Ford and Mercury. Other than the Aviator, no Lincoln will share a platform with a Mercury.

Zephyr – Taurus platform

Continental – Falcon platform

Continental L – Stretched Falcon platform

Mark IX – Coupe based on Falcon platform

Aviator – Edge based CUV

Navigator – Explorer based CUV

I was all into giving Merc a new logo a while back

but lately the wing/waterfall/M/whatever has been just fine with me :shades:

I like your logo for Mercury... The sign of the cat. Of course they would have to bring back the Cougar. :hysterical:

All of the cars names could start with "MC" and then add the last letter like Lincoln does.

Naw, that wouldn't work, they would all be a MCM. :hysterical: