OAKVILLE PLANT STOP SHIPPING ORDER

On 12/21/2009 after realizing that trying to get an intelligent answer out of Ford Customer Support is a total waste of time,

I insisted that they raise my inquiry about where my 2010 Flex is and when will I receive it, to the higher level of support.

BTW my Flex was built on 12/2/2009.

Today 12/22/2009 I received a call from a guy from the Problem Resolution Center (I think). He told me that he had researched

my problem and that my Flex was delayed (NO XXXX well you know). He could not tell me where it was, why it is delayed,

when it would be shipped or even if the Oakville Plant is open or not (I think this guy should be working at the customer support center

or at New York State DMV). I asked him to please put a supervisor on the line, which he did. I explained the situation to her and she

took my info and said she will research the issue and get back to me. About four hours later she called me back and said that my Flex

was sitting at the Oakville Plant ready to ship. But that Ford had put a stop shipping order on all vehicles out of the Oakville Plant.

When I asked her why they were not shipping she said it was for a "non-disclosed proprietary reason".

Edited by jrys

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/21/2009 after realizing that trying to get an intelligent answer out of Ford Customer Support is a total waste of time,

I insisted that they raise my inquiry about where my 2010 Fiex is and when will I receive it, to the higher level of support.

BTW my Flex was built on 12/2/2009.

Today 12/22/2009 I received a call from a guy from the Problem Resolution Center (I think). He told me that he had researched

my problem and that my Flex was delayed (NO XXXX well you know). He could not tell me where it was, why it is delayed,

when it would be shipped or even if the Oakville Plant is open or not (I think this guy should be working at the customer support center

or at New York State DMV). I asked him to please put a supervisor on the line, which he did. I explained the situation to her and she

took my info and said she will research the issue and get back to me. About four hours later she called me back and said that my Flex

was sitting at the Oakville Plant ready to ship. But that Ford had put a stop shipping order on all vehicles out of the Oakville Plant.

When I asked her why they were not shipping she said it was for a "non-disclosed proprietary reason".

Thanks for the update! Is that the case with all Flex/MKT models are just the Ecoboosted models? Let me guess, Ford didn't suggest when they might start shipping vehicles again. I already know the answer! :censored:

Al

What complete BS. I suggest to Ford that they fork over a nice rebate to those of us in this situation. Orders of 40-50K vehicles that have been delayed well beyond a normal order (4 months for me) are unacceptable. I'm going to escalate this until I get an answer as to why there is a stop ship or Ford can keep their MKT and I'll grab me an Audi Q7 or a GM product.

Thanks for the update! Is that the case with all Flex/MKT models are just the Ecoboosted models?

I was told "ALL VEHICLES FORM OAKVILLE WERE UNDER A DO NOT SHIP ORDER".

But I guess you have to consider the source.

Sigh... I have been bending some sources, I think I'll have a straight answer soon.

From the small bit of information I have got out of my dealer recently she believes there might be some sort of QC issue with all the 4x4. I think Ford might be evaluating how to handle the situation but has not come to any conclusions.

My reall question is if they are on stop ship order from Oakville why in the world are the pushing the product so hard with %0 they should stop taking orders and refund all the deposits paid for the past orders. At a minimum they should at least come clean with people who have been waiting upwards of 3 months. I even saw one poster who has been waiting for 5 months I mean that is crazy.

I wont hold my breath that we will get any answers before the new year but to all of those people in the same sitaution as me I wish you a happy holidays and good luck.

I am only going to give them the first week of Jan then I walk......

I don't know for sure if their is a stop ship order for Oakville or not. All I know is what I was told by the Ford Rep.

Here is the File Reference Number "0410143559" for anyone who can access it. That file contains the Ford Problem Resolution Center Supervisors notes of what she told me.

if there is a stop shipping order why have some people recieved there cars who placed there orderd well in excess of ours? Does anyone have an opinion why some cars might be shipped when others are just sitting in a parking lot?

Snap did you get any good info from your dealer in the end?

Happy holidays!

if there is a stop shipping order why have some people recieved there cars who placed there orderd well in excess of ours? Does anyone have an opinion why some cars might be shipped when others are just sitting in a parking lot?

Snap did you get any good info from your dealer in the end?

Happy holidays!

I was able to confirm (not with the dealer) that there is a quality hold on specific products out of Oakville. What the problem is...no one will tell. I have heard it may be related to the EcoBoost engine, then some suggest the AWD system. Take your pick.

The scary part is that no one has a time frame of when this will be resolved, so I guess the only thing to do is sit and wait (like most of us have done for months). The delay is not so much upsetting as the fact that Ford tells dealers and customers absolutely nothing. My dealer called everyone under the sun at Ford the last two days and could not get any answers, however a lot of people were gone for the holidays (understandable). Come Monday I'm going to get on Ford CS and the dealer is going to get on corporate on there end to at least get a time frame.

I was able to confirm (not with the dealer) that there is a quality hold on specific products out of Oakville. What the problem is...no one will tell. I have heard it may be related to the EcoBoost engine, then some suggest the AWD system. Take your pick.

The scary part is that no one has a time frame of when this will be resolved, so I guess the only thing to do is sit and wait (like most of us have done for months). The delay is not so much upsetting as the fact that Ford tells dealers and customers absolutely nothing. My dealer called everyone under the sun at Ford the last two days and could not get any answers, however a lot of people were gone for the holidays (understandable). Come Monday I'm going to get on Ford CS and the dealer is going to get on corporate on there end to at least get a time frame.

My model does not have the boost engine so I don't think it's that. It must be the AWD system! What chould be so wrong with it that they are holding it now after 18 months of selling it. At least when we do get are cars hopefully they will be fixed.

My model does not have the boost engine so I don't think it's that. It must be the AWD system! What chould be so wrong with it that they are holding it now after 18 months of selling it. At least when we do get are cars hopefully they will be fixed.

Oh, well it must be the AWD system. I know Edge/MKX AWD models have had tons of issues...most quality surveys recommend you avoid them actually. The Flex, however, does not seem to have issues...so I don't know what the deal is. Please keep us posted if you hear anything.

shipping holds happen all the time at our plants. A problem may have been found in the batch that yours was being built in. A hold has been put on them to ensure that the problem is corrected and you get a quality car. Would you rather have that, or spend 30,000+, and be pissed about it once you see that there is a problem?

shipping holds happen all the time at our plants. A problem may have been found in the batch that yours was being built in. A hold has been put on them to ensure that the problem is corrected and you get a quality car. Would you rather have that, or spend 30,000+, and be pissed about it once you see that there is a problem?

This %100 true and none of us are debating that. What is really bothering us is the lack of information that we are getting. We have been waiting for upwards of 3 months and Ford has not said one word all we know is that the cars are not getting shipped. Personally if they told me yes we found an issue and yes we are taking care of it so it wont cost us more down the road I would say great take all the time you need I will call you again in a few weeks for an update. Instead they are feeding the dealers a story in turn are feeding the customer a story and it is immensley frustrating. Personaly if I get some information on the delay I will wait but come the second week Jan and no new information I will probably walk.

The problem is that this delay may well cost me thousands of dollars.

1- The Federal sales tax credit expires on 12-31-09. The sales tax in NY (8.625%) on a $46,000.+ purchase is significant.

2- The current rebates ($2,500.) end 1-4-2010 and who knows what if anything will replace them. With Ford you get the rebate which is in effect when you take delivery, not what it was when you ordered.

3- I have a $750. coupon which expires soon.

4- If you have a vehicle coming off lease at the end of the month it may force you to do a buyout that you did not want to do on a car

with a current value which may be less than its buyout price which was set at the start of the lease.

Edited by jrys

1- The Federal sales tax credit expires on 12-31-09. The sales tax in NY (8.625%) on a $46,000.+ purchase is significant.

2- The current rebates end 1-4-2010 and who knows what if anything will replace them. With Ford you get the rebate which is in effect when

you take delivery, not what it was when you ordered.

4- If you have a vehicle coming off lease at the end of the month it may force you to do a buyout that you did not want to do on a car

with a current value which may be less than its buyout price which was set at the start of the lease.

Thank goodness in Canada you get either the deal in market at the time of order or the deal at the time of arrival which ever is better.

2- The current rebates end 1-4-2010 and who knows what if anything will replace them. With Ford you get the rebate which is in effect when

you take delivery, not what it was when you ordered.

Yep, I'm in the same boat. The MKT has a $500 Early Order Rebate that expires on 1-4-10. The dealership is trying to address that with Ford, but I doubt they care. They can't get anyone to talk to about it anyway. I told them that I will be getting $500 off the car regardless or they will be stuck with a $55K vehicle that won't sell around here. I don't think that is fair to them, but they are making plenty of money off my deal as it stands....$500 is a non-issue in my opinion.

Yep, I'm in the same boat. The MKT has a $500 Early Order Rebate that expires on 1-4-10. The dealership is trying to address that with Ford, but I doubt they care. They can't get anyone to talk to about it anyway. I told them that I will be getting $500 off the car regardless or they will be stuck with a $55K vehicle that won't sell around here. I don't think that is fair to them, but they are making plenty of money off my deal as it stands....$500 is a non-issue in my opinion.

I would say that is good starting point for the lack of information and frustration and that is even as good as your dealer is. I dont think Ford gets we are not dealing with the Ford Focus the 1K deposit is not that much cash that I would not walk away. That is also assuming you would be unable to get your deposit back as no small claims court in the world would not rule that Ford breached there contract.

I would say that is good starting point for the lack of information and frustration and that is even as good as your dealer is. I dont think Ford gets we are not dealing with the Ford Focus the 1K deposit is not that much cash that I would not walk away. That is also assuming you would be unable to get your deposit back as no small claims court in the world would not rule that Ford breached there contract.

The dealership didn't require a down payment. We know the owners of the dealership well and have bought a lot of vehicles from them, so they know we're good for it when the car comes in. Really that fact is the only thing keeping me from telling them to keep it now thanks to Ford's incompetence in communicating issues.

Edited by mkxnsap

The dealership didn't require a down payment. We know the owners of the dealership well and have bought a lot of vehicles from them, so they know we're good for it when the car comes in. Really that fact is the only thing keeping me from telling them to keep it now thanks to Ford's incompetence in communicating issues.

Still no new Info from my dealer. Anyone else get anything at all.

Dealership said today that they "think" my MKT has shipped. They said they are not 100% sure, but their rep led them to believe it has left the plant. Who knows.

After I left two messages for them, I received a message today from the Ford Customer Care Center,

that since the Oakville Plant is closed for two weeks they can't get much info, but that they "think" that my

Flex will be released for shipment the first or second week of January.