Dodge Challenger Police car

mettech

Equipment room. :reading:

interior.jpg

Ok. How is it everyone can criticize the possibility of a Taurus based LEO vehicle that has 4 doors, and not bash the Charger? One of the points on the Taurus based vehicle is that it has no column shifter. (Looking at picture) Nope, no column shifter on Charger. How about everyone that complained the Taurus based LEO vehicle wouldn't have enough back seat space. (Looking at picture) Nope, back seat is smaller and no rear doors even.

I'm not trying to bash anyone or anything in particular. I just don't get how the negatards can open bash the Ford vehicle that hasn't even been seen yet, and yet the Charger LEO vehicle is just fine. (I won't even get into the FW vs. RW drive...)

Ok. How is it everyone can criticize the possibility of a Taurus based LEO vehicle that has 4 doors, and not bash the Charger? One of the points on the Taurus based vehicle is that it has no column shifter. (Looking at picture) Nope, no column shifter on Charger. How about everyone that complained the Taurus based LEO vehicle wouldn't have enough back seat space. (Looking at picture) Nope, back seat is smaller and no rear doors even.

I'm not trying to bash anyone or anything in particular. I just don't get how the negatards can open bash the Ford vehicle that hasn't even been seen yet, and yet the Charger LEO vehicle is just fine. (I won't even get into the FW vs. RW drive...)

This Challenger is a specialty vehicle. It doesn't need mainstream appeal and utility. The police version of the Charger (the four-door Dodge), however, was redesigned to have a column shifter.

dodge_charger_police_package_st_gallery_dodge_charger_police_package_interior_image_0051_cd_gallery.jpg

This Challenger is a specialty vehicle. It doesn't need mainstream appeal and utility. The police version of the Charger (the four-door Dodge), however, was redesigned to have a column shifter.

dodge_charger_police_package_st_gallery_dodge_charger_police_package_interior_image_0051_cd_gallery.jpg

It wouldn't seem to be difficult to adapt the Charger column shifter and console to the Challenger police version. The cars share a lot of the same pieces.

Hold the phone here.....I live in Broward County, FL - I guess I might see this thing around. On a side note, in speaking with our salesman a few months ago (who's also the fleet manager), he said he may've been talking to the Broward Sheriff's Office (same PD as the one this Challenger is for if it's real) about using SHOs as units.

More room than the Mustang.

See below

Does that really even matter in a pursuit vehicle? It's not like they are pulling people over and putting them in the back seat.

+1

Looks cool. But it doesn't perform as well as the Stang. So why not just opt for the Stang? Aren't the depts having issues with the Charger versions? So what would be different about the Challenger?

challenger-police.jpg

police-cars.jpg

More room than the Mustang.

dodge.jpg

Looks cool. I like the second picture myself and it reminds me of what the cars looked like in "Mad Max." It gives me the impression of being on the Australian Outback and the car that the Knight Rider was driving at the beginning of the movie. It looks mean and I'm coming to get you.