• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hatchback looks better than the sedan

the 3 bar grille is gross

I LOVE those reddish brown seats

Its a good looking car. I look forward to seeing it at the LA show.

I like the non 3 bar grille

I also like the LED lights and dont mind the chrome surround on them at all. I bet foglights will be offered down the line.

40mpg is good. I bet it will only increase down the line....

I see the whining on AutoBlog too. Mostly positive but if only things people can whine about are the grille and the lack of foglights, then it must be good. Oh, and apparantly 40mpg isnt good enough for Matt.

LEDs like it or not are the 'it' thing right now. Anyone else see the Christmas lights ad for Audi showing off how cool its LED parking lights are? I bet the LEDs are gonna be more of an attention getter on the road than some plain ol fog lights would have been.

I looked thru the press release, just curious if anyone has any idea what the bolt spacing is. Reason I ask, I just got winter tires on steel rims for my Focus, and am seriously considering trading it in on a Fiesta Hatch, and am wonderin if I can hammer the snows on the Fiesta. They are both 4 bolt... fingers crossed, but not a deal breaker! Car looks good, I like the LED lights, bet it will look sharp at night, or at dusk.

hatchback looks better than the sedan

I agree completely.

---

As I said in the other thread:

Looks good, awesome news regarding the fuel economy.

I still don't like the fact that there's no center armrest up front. I was surprised at a lot of the standard features that were listed in the article.

I agree completely.

---

As I said in the other thread:

Looks good, awesome news regarding the fuel economy.

I still don't like the fact that there's no center armrest up front. I was surprised at a lot of the standard features that were listed in the article.

The Fiesta seemed to lose some of its good looks when it was transformed into a sedan. Maybe it's because we are used to seeing the Euro speced Fiesta as a hatch and fell in love with that. When I see the sedan in person, maybe I will like it better. The sedan looks will take awhile to warm up to I'm afraid. The 3 bar grilled doesn't help either. To my eyes anyway, the American hatch looks almost exactly like the Euro hatch which I love. I have sat in the Euro hatch and it's very roomy inside front and back.

So--no 3dr. Which I'm okay with. The front is officially uglier than the Euro Fiesta. Sure we get better interior (it's not like the Euro Fiesta is going to stay the same forever, it'll get updated too) And now no Ecoboost.

Officially, I'm no longer interested. I mean seriously, I was expecting a year and a half ago to purchase a handsome 5dr Fiesta with leather seats, sync, and ecoboost engine. $20K would seem reasonable to me.

Do we really have to wait 4 or 5 years to get we want? By the time we get an ecoboost Fiesta, GM and others will already have their own pocket rockets.

No Fiesta RS, no Fiesta ST, no Fiesta SVT. Does Ford not want my money?

My transmission on my current car is failing right now and I would have love to have purchase a Fiesta 5dr Ecoboost within the next 6 months. I don't want to wait another 2 years.

I don't expect the Ford to do the Focus any justice soon by the way they handled the styling and performance contents of the Fiesta so I'm out of options as far as my favorite car brand goes so I'm just getting a fun used car now. I'm tired of waiting.

Wow pretty good package overall, I would say "Slam dunk" in comparison to the competition. I like it all around, my only beef would be the red lighted instrumentation. I'll never own another vehicle with that color, I wont get into my friends Mazda because of it...makes me feel all hot sweaty and bothered.

The Fiesta seemed to lose some of its good looks when it was transformed into a sedan. Maybe it's because we are used to seeing the Euro speced Fiesta as a hatch and fell in love with that. When I see the sedan in person, maybe I will like it better. The sedan looks will take awhile to warm up to I'm afraid. The 3 bar grilled doesn't help either. To my eyes anyway, the American hatch looks almost exactly like the Euro hatch which I love. I have sat in the Euro hatch and it's very roomy inside front and back.

I agree it lost it's looks becoming a sedan, at least at the rear....the rear looks too high, and that happens with b-sedans in order to get the desired capacities I guess. I'm usually not a hatch person, but I really like the hatch. I don't mind the 3-bar, either even though many are (apparently) completely opposed to it. I was able to drive a Euro one when the Fiesta Movement was in town - it was nice for a b-car.

So--no 3dr. Which I'm okay with. The front is officially uglier than the Euro Fiesta. Sure we get better interior (it's not like the Euro Fiesta is going to stay the same forever, it'll get updated too) And now no Ecoboost.

Officially, I'm no longer interested. I mean seriously, I was expecting a year and a half ago to purchase a handsome 5dr Fiesta with leather seats, sync, and ecoboost engine. $20K would seem reasonable to me.

Do we really have to wait 4 or 5 years to get we want? By the time we get an ecoboost Fiesta, GM and others will already have their own pocket rockets.

My transmission on my current car is failing right now and I would have love to have purchase a Fiesta 5dr Ecoboost within the next 6 months. I don't want to wait another 2 years.

I don't expect the Ford to do the Focus any justice soon by the way they handled the styling and performance contents of the Fiesta so I'm out of options as far as my favorite car brand goes so I'm just getting a fun used car now. I'm tired of waiting.

Take it easy.....I'll try to address as many of your points as I can.

There has been rumors that the 3-door would also make it's way here. I guess it was not announced, but I feel it could be re-evaluated depending on how the Fiesta sells. Sorry that the vehicle had to be changed to meet US standards.

You can get a Fiesta with everything you want except the EcoBoost engine (for now)

Where did you pull "4-5 years" from? Who's to say that Ford won't bring an RS, ST, or SVT model next year? How often does the higher performance model come out the same year as the debut? They don't always come out the debut year - many times they'll come the next year. Ex: 2009 F-150, 2010 SVT Raptor.

Um, the new Focus is due out next year as well. "They won't do it any justice by the way they handled the styling and performance contents of Fiesta"???!? Styling? The biggest difference between ours and the Euro model is the grille, and the hatch's grille is pretty similar to the Euro look anyway. As far as performance contents go......the Fiesta is a b-car meant for transportation first and foremost. Ford wants to get the Fiesta out as soon as possible with an already good product. I'm sure performance upgrades of various types will come. Would you rather have Ford wait ANOTHER year or longer just so you can have your beloved EcoBoost Fiesta at the same time the regular model comes out? Stick a turbo on the thing if you want EcoBoost that badly - as I said above, it's got everything else you wanted.

My earlier dislike for it has turned to enthusiasm. Even the sedan grille is growing on me a little - but not so much as to say I like it as much as to say I can tolerate it. The 5-dr is nice in the photos, though.

Depending on what the Focus looks like and the potential for 2012 variants like the B-Max and an Ecoboost, it is very likely I will find a Magenta 5-dr with leather et al in my driveway late next year. Unfortunately, I'll get stuck with the auto.

Edited by focus05

Wow pretty good package overall, I would say "Slam dunk" in comparison to the competition. I like it all around, my only beef would be the red lighted instrumentation. I'll never own another vehicle with that color, I wont get into my friends Mazda because of it...makes me feel all hot sweaty and bothered.

That was another thing I didn't like - that they didn't give it 'Ice Blue'-lit instrumentation.

4 years ago I was having trouble finding a single American car that I liked. Now I don't know which American car to buy next:

-Ford Mustang GT (or even the V6 /w 305hp)

-2011 Focus (if it is as good as the Fiesta)

-Ford Fiesta Hatchback

-MKS Ecoboost

-Ford Escape

-Cadillac CTS

-Chevrolet Volt

-Cadillac Converj

I can't wait for my Mazda3 to die on me...well, not too soon....so that I can test drive all these vehicles. It's going to be a lot of fun!

4 years ago I was having trouble finding a single American car that I liked. Now I don't know which American car to buy next:

-Ford Mustang GT (or even the V6 /w 305hp)

-2011 Focus (if it is as good as the Fiesta)

-Ford Fiesta Hatchback

-MKS Ecoboost

-Ford Escape

-Cadillac CTS

-Chevrolet Volt

-Cadillac Converj

I can't wait for my Mazda3 to die on me...well, not too soon....so that I can test drive all these vehicles. It's going to be a lot of fun!

You like the Converj?

Overall, I like it. Notwithstanding the little things I brought up in another thread like the grill and fog lights. I know LED is the future and I read somewhere the surrounds may be available in body colour. The 3 bar doesn't work for me but neither does the sedan period. I can't understand B and C segment coupes and sedans but that's me.

I see the red lighting but the gauges look blue and dual stalks on the column I like. There's material on the fold-down seat backs which is good. I think Ford will get dinged for not having a fold-flat capability but rear seat passengers will thank you for higher seating. The auto gear shift is out of a Focus and Escape (IIRC) however I have used it and it works well.

I am sure a 3-dr HB and more performance-orientated models will come out in later years. I feel the current line-up is specific to get the sales to justify the investment. Ford has a winner here, full-stop.

I forgot, and it was also mentioned, a centre arm-rest is good to have too.

Another thing, can anyone remember the changes Ford did to the last Focus between the car-show reveal and the production model? I remember the fog lights were changed but there was a couple of other things.

Edited by Hugh

So you the grille and no ecoboost (yet) are the deal breakers for you?

You werent gonna buy one anyway. 88 either means you were born in 88 or are Chinese, so a 21 year old was totally gonna buy one but now because of the grile... all bets are off.

yeah... sure... right... whatever. good one chief.