2011 Fiesta american version.

I saw the 2011 fiesta on Ford Canada's website, last night. It was only on there for a while, it was at followthefiesta.ca. When you would go to build your fiesta it would show you the hatchback and the 4 door sedan. The hatchback has a 2 bar body coloured grill , and the sedan has a small 3 bar grill just like the old fusion had. They both look very nice. They are available in a light blue, a light red , a light yellow... that orange colour is gone though. There are also a few whites, silvers and a black that isnt very black. If the website goes back up you can see for your self, they both look like great cars.

Edited by polarissucks

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it would look better than this. The design makes it look cheap. Ford must hire some extremely retarded researchers and employ the lowest of low IQ consumer test groups for this to have happened.

People that were hyped up on the Fiesta Movement will be disappointed. Fake chrome is so subpar and it's an insert creating unnecessary lines. The Euro Fiesta has the bumper and grill creating just one gap between the hood and the bumper. This car--that stupid insert. Overall, looks good especially with the lower air dam but that chrome grill and that--whatever the hell is on the side should have stayed in this decade. Are the designers unionized or something? They should all be fired and Ford should get some fresher designers because the first thing on their minds is "fake chrome is hot."

I guess this is the American "bling" effect at work--say gaudy, grotesque Americana.

Edited by Sweetwater88

I have been eyein up the Fiesta since it was the Verve, and you know what, I like the chrome grill on the 4 dr. And Like the 5dr. The colours look good as well, especially the white sedan, and the gun metal 5dr. Quite sharpe Id say. I will be looking at these when it comes to trading in the Focus, along with the Fusion, and see how the new Focus shapes up. Maybe a Mustang. haha but I am definately a fan of the Fiesta!

I guess thats right, but I think they are official. Like I said, last night i clicked on that fiesta website that links off of Ford.ca and those are the new cars that came up, in those exact colours. Today, I went to look again and the website was offline for a while, and then it was back up. Although when it came back it had the old pictures again. I bet someone lost their job over this one, haha.

I guess thats right, but I think they are official. Like I said, last night i clicked on that fiesta website that links off of Ford.ca and those are the new cars that came up, in those exact colours. Today, I went to look again and the website was offline for a while, and then it was back up. Although when it came back it had the old pictures again. I bet someone lost their job over this one, haha.

I ment official as in the press release stuff.

Rather disappointed based on those images. I hope it's better looking in real-life. The 3-bar is completely ludicrous. The plastic body-color slats will probably be ok, but, again, not very compelling because they make it look too beak-ish.

Ford showed the Verve concept with a very nice thin 3-bar design around the logo. It would have been nice if they could have carried that forward.

EDIT: Given this shot of the Fiesta: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/me...esta_mex_us.jpg

...I think it could be ok. At least in black where you can't see body gaps.

Edited by focus05

I would say this is official in that I have seen barely camoed North American Fiestas running out of LTP for months and that is the grille you see between the camo exactly. I personally don't care for the chrome bar look at all on any vehicle, but that is just me. For that matter, I hate chrome period unless it's a vehicle from the 50's. I'm keeping my 2002 Taurus SES Sport as long as I can because it has no chrome whatsoever. Even the small area in fornt grille that is usually chrome is color coded on the Sport. Did I say I hate chrome? :finger:

I know exactly what's going on: the 5dr originally did not have the insert but the stupid design of the sedan meant that there would have to be two hoods. So being cheap, Ford just made one hood, two ugly inserts.

sucks, the 5dr was suppose to be my first car but if Ford is too cheap for a proper hood then the fiesta just lost a customer. PROBABLY JUST GET A 2011 FOCUS IF THEY DON'T CHEAPEN AND BLING IT OUT.

The grill doesn't look production. IIRC, there were not supposed to be 3 bars on the fiesta grill, even if they are that small. I believe that that is a general graphic of the vehicle, but, not representative of the production trim.

No, we saw spy shots of the Fiesta with 3 bars a while back.

You wont have to interchange it yourself. Both grilles are offered for each bodystyle.

thank god...also hope the aftermarket offers alternatives....sorry but IMO the Euro type grill is head and shoulders...the grill on the hatch looks like an afterthought....

thank god...also hope the aftermarket offers alternatives....sorry but IMO the Euro type grill is head and shoulders...the grill on the hatch looks like an afterthought....

Im sure you can. Every car has aftermarket grills afterall. Ford might even have some themselves for they want this car to be young-buyer friendly.

My girlfriend's sole reason for hating Ford is the tri-bar grille. Lost customer ... and she'll buy another Honda now. (Her Accord with 180k on it just had its tranny take a dump. Sad part is, her interior honestly has less rattles than my Fusion at 33,000 miles ... )

This tribar grille is hideously stupid. My girlfriend would consider a Focus if it weren't for its ugly styling too. Ford needs to stop tacking this crappy bling on all their vehicles. I like the grille on my Fusion, but tacking chrome everywhere is not the answer to winning buyers over. It needs to be done tastefully and this tri-bar looks tacked on. It wasn't part of the original design language. You would think Ford would have learned that with the Taurus remake.

Edited by SVT_MAN

...This tribar grille is hideously stupid. My girlfriend would consider a Focus if it weren't for its ugly styling too. Ford needs to stop tacking this crappy bling on all their vehicles. I like the grille on my Fusion, but tacking chrome everywhere is not the answer to winning buyers over. It needs to be done tastefully and this tri-bar looks tacked on. It wasn't part of the original design language. You would think Ford would have learned that with the Taurus remake.

*cough*MercLogo.gif*cough*

The hatch doesn't turn me off by any means, but I am holding out hope it looks a bit better in person. I'm one of few people that thinks the EU upper grille and foglight housing could be improved upon. The upper grille on this photo is fine except the gap between hood and grille looks rather large. Since no spy photos have shown the foglights in these chrome housings I'm not commenting on them.

The thick bars of the sedans's grille are consistent with spy photos though a more Verve-like look would be better in my eye. Don't think the sedan was going to be my cup of tea anyway.

All is not lost, but five days from now when it's official at LA should be better. Plus, there are turn signals in the mirror--most thought those would be dropped for cost's sake.

*cough*MercLogo.gif*cough*

Tried that one, too: "They look like an old man's car," she says ... (this was, curiously, looking at the Milan :headscratch: )

I didn't say she had a good sense of taste .. after all, she did choose me.

(And she does drive a vanilla-boring Honda Accord and she finds the new Accord attractive, too :headscratch: .. kinda makes me wonder how bug eyed I am ?

Edited by SVT_MAN