* * * Message to all Vehicle Order Posters * * *

I can think of no easy way to say this other than to say it directly.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will be unable to provide vehicle order updates for the forseeable future.

I cannot discuss specific details. I apologize if this causes any inconvenience.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will be unable to provide vehicle order updates for the forseeable future.

I cannot discuss specific details. I apologize if this causes any inconvenience.

Dude, I hope that none of this activity got you in trouble. That would suck in more ways than one. Please accept my apology if it had anything to do with any of our requests....if it is like that then Ford is more political than I thought...

Flash

Well I sure hope that you did not get into any trouble by assisting us. I feel you did nothing wrong, you just provided an outstanding service which made this painful order process so much more tolerable.

I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you back in the future.

Your the Best K.

Edited by OKCMustnagGT

MR. K,

Thanks for what you have done for us... as harmless as it seems to us, I know it probably raised all kinds of red flags... not just with Ford, but with the union, etc... so hopefully you won't get more than just a spanking. hope to see you around the forums... and take 'er easy.

If it helps any.... let them know that this is a great example of just exaclty what excellent customer service is all about. You weren't doing anything unethical, you weren't giving away any sensative information... you were just making customers happy by keeping them informed. Anyone who says otherwise can :kissass:

see ya brutha.

Clint

Kzinti-

You did nothing wrong by providing Mustang enthusiasts like myself with useful (and purposeful) information during our ordering process.

At least one thing is consistent throughout this country, you can always count on upper management to throw a wrench into a perfectly working and helpful system.

Perhaps one day, with a 'changing of the guards', the wheels of Mr. K will once again start turning.

Commander K,

Thank you for everything you've done for a lot of happy Ford customers.

You made a lot of Ford customers very excited about their purchase. I can't imagine a company not wanting a bunch of excited customers!!!

If my requests caused you any problems, I humbly apologize.

Take care of yourself,

SLAPhappy

Thanks so much Mr. K. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that no one is gonna blame you, in fact you're the only person I know that takes the time to inform us of our build status. Outside of the Mustang I never really liked Ford's way of doing things and people like you are examples of diamonds in the rough, if I may steal a clique. Most people don't even do their jobs with as much consistency and dedication, let alone a favor that never ends to us. You're a better man than me, with the updates everyday, and again thanks so much for making the waiting bearable.

K. I think I speak for most people you have helped. Ford should name you its employee of the year. You have gone above and beyond to help provide information to people Ford and the dealers won't provide. I ordered my Mustang January 2005 and was told by the dealer it would get hear around May. I took delivery in September 2005. Whenever I called the dealer all I got was the runaround. When I called Ford all I got was a person with a bad attitude. If it wasn't for your updates, I would have cancelled my order and bought a 350Z. I've talked to a number of people on Mustang sites with similar stories. Your updates were the thing that kept me going.

Good luck and thanks for everything.

Edited by richmoth

yesterday evening was a big letdown reading this...Kzinti- thanks a million for helping so many of us Ford fans see our little dreamcars come into being- especially when CRC or dealers coulda cared less about the situation 90% of the time- like ive mentioned before, I know of a couple unfortunate souls that sat unvinned on allocated priority 10 orders for over 7 months- that was all before even a VIN...CRC= call your dealer/dealer= we dont issue VINs...guess to ford this was not a problem with enough impact to justify changing the status quo. So they lose a few buyers, 'cant keep everyone happy' huh...

Oddly Kzinti and crew kept everyone happy somehow(well actual customers anyways- obviously somebody musta bitched to someone)...try to find a thread from a ford buyer that says other than 'thank you/SWEET/thanks a million/your the greatest/awesome news/thanks for the updates...'

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the new 'bold moves' campaign is gonna include a Kzinti division- a american auto manufacturing first- almost realtime feedback to actual customers...wouldnt it be great. Kzinti with fulltime support and even more production info access...farfetched? maybe, but not for any economic or technological reasons...

anyway- thank you Kzinti for taking the initiative to start a truly great innovative idea- future buyers will benefit from this from now on- just hope ford buyers will be included, as certainly other manucaturers have had an ear to the ground on this and will be heading this direction too- its time has come, just hard to believe marketing missed out on the idea completely for so long...next up, wonder if any sharp forward thinking Ford employees have any ideas on improving dealer service/warranty issues- Kzinti figured out support before delivery, but sooner or later the service aggravation issues will need adressed for after delivery stuff...if Ford can fix these and revamp allocations a bit, a lot of "ford guys" might tend to remain such...but getting screwed with in the current system is just helping competition offer something better- as anything would be improvement...Fords got the quality, the technology/performance, the styling(some models anyways), the history/legacy, to give folks a sense of 'we'll be here tomorrow' security, but without fixing the above flaws, customers will still blame buying experience/service issues on Fomoco, when its not their fault(except in Kzinti/customer support issue- 100% in fords hands)

God bless you for taking the time to help out so many total strangers, and making Ford look truly concerned.

Great Job!

Sorry but I had to post this... I posted this on another board when I found this out.

I must say this is VERY bad news.

I hope someone here shows this thread to Ford. What the heck did Kzinti do wrong?

He informed customers about their orders! People who had already made a purchase from Ford... people who, probably for the most part, would have been kept in the dark by their dealer if it weren't for him.

I've read many stories about dealers jacking around with delivery dates / order dates and possibly selling cars out from under buyers and flat out lying about orders. With Kzinti you could find out EXACTLY what was going on.

Is this why Ford wanted him silenced?

They want to keep that information secret between Ford and the dealers, why??? Seems they have some interest in doing so. Perhaps they want to help screw the customer??? I don't know. Someone from Ford... please explain this to me.

Kzinti helped me out. Told me when my car was built, shipped, and would be delivered. My dealer was good about this as well... but I knew two days before my dealer called me. Did I NEED to know? No. I had a pretty good dealer so there wasn't a problem. But I'm sure for many that is DEFINATELY not the case. And besides... how much fun is it to be in the dark?

All I have left to say is thank you Kzinti. Thank you for providing Ford's customers with up-to-date information. Something Ford should do in the first place. In fact they should be paying you EXTRA for doing them this service.

And shame on you Ford. Shame on you.

That sucks the big one, he helped out a lot, and maybe even saved Ford a few sales keeping people sane.

They don't know what their missing until its gone!

Thanks for the great info Kzinti!

Edited by Stoenr

Just want to say thank you, K, for all the time and hard work you did here.

Your efforts helped fuel the passion and desire for the new Mustang. (hey you IDIOTS, that helps sell more cars!!! duh!)

You began restoring my faith in FMC... too bad they screwed that up too. :titanic:

Edited by Stangnut

I just want to say thanks too. Your updates were much more than my dealership would ever offer through the ordering of my 05 and then 06. They were much appreciated.

Edited by DonnaR

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Kzinti...

Had it not been for your efforts, I may well have cancelled my order due to the lack of information or care from my dealership. I remember at one point about a week after the scheduled build, my order was on a commodity hold. You tirelessly gave me at least one update a day, until it was finally built! My dealer only told me "when there's a hold, it could be a couple of days or a couple of months. We'll call you when it arrives." Had it not been for you, I would have probably just walked away from Ford at that point. I was trying to sell my current car before taking delivery of the Mustang, and I was also trying to keep the interest rate locked in at my bank. "A couple of days or a couple of months". All this after I had already cancelled an 05 order a few months earlier with another dealership after learning from other customers that they screwed people around on x-plan orders after the car arrived on he lot. Thanks a lot Ford.....

Anyway, thanks again for such a great service and all that you have done for us. You really were the reason I stuck it out and waited. I can now say that the car is awesome, and was well worth the wait!

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you Kzinti...

Had it not been for your efforts, I may well have cancelled my order due to the lack of information or care from my dealership. I remember at one point about a week after the scheduled build, my order was on a commodity hold. You tirelessly gave me at least one update a day, until it was finally built! My dealer only told me "when there's a hold, it could be a couple of days or a couple of months. We'll call you when it arrives." Had it not been for you, I would have probably just walked away from Ford at that point. I was trying to sell my current car before taking delivery of the Mustang, and I was also trying to keep the interest rate locked in at my bank. "A couple of days or a couple of months". All this after I had already cancelled an 05 order a few months earlier with another dealership after learning from other customers that they screwed people around on x-plan orders after the car arrived on he lot. Thanks a lot Ford.....

Anyway, thanks again for such a great service and all that you have done for us. You really were the reason I stuck it out and waited. I can now say that the car is awesome, and was well worth the wait!

Mark

Sorry Mr K, your service levels were 2nd to none. Ford corporate could take a few lessons on what keeps customers coming back. No matter how good the product, it's the service that make customers remain loyal.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this post is in an old thread, but have to agree - K's help was definitely appreciated. At the time I didn't know if car was going to come out as '05 or '06. K helped to track info down prior to my '05 being built in June. Thanks.

wonder how many 'other' domestic/import manufacturers have stumbled across the Kzinti threads?

I can just picture the VeeDub commercial guy smacking himself in the head and saying

"DAH- VEE MUST DO ZIS EEMEEDEEE-ATLY. KEE-ZIN-TEE VULD HELP US SELL VEE KLES TO SEELLY AMER EKANS - SEEMS DAT DEY VILLY LIKE ZIS SHEET"

:)