Rumor

nvsked

I have a friend who's daughter works for an add firm. The daughter said Ford is supposed to make an announcement concerning the Wayne complex tomorrow 9-14. and people in the state are not happy???

Anybody heard anything???

She asked me, told her I hadn't heard anything, just throwing it out there in case someone knows something.

I have a friend who's daughter works for an add firm. The daughter said Ford is supposed to make an announcement concerning the Wayne complex tomorrow 9-14. and people in the state are not happy???

She asked me, told her I hadn't heard anything, just throwing it out there in case someone knows something.

nothing mentioned at union meeting today...

This week on the Leno Show there will be a "green" race involing only the hybrids that will be built at MAP. Ford landed a BIG gig with publicty & perhaps MAP might get some air-time :happy feet: :hyper:

This week on the Leno Show there will be a "green" race involing only the hybrids that will be built at MAP. Ford landed a BIG gig with publicty & perhaps MAP might get some air-time :happy feet: :hyper:

Ch 4 did say some kind of Ford announcement from Frankfort auto show today who knows...

One of the VP's will be in plant, either Farley or Hendrichs

You never know. They could be announcing another new product that is going to be put i to the plant...or that they decided to combine WAP and MAP . or something like. just throwing that out there. My dad is a millwright in MAP and he's heard nothing

On Monday, we brought you the first photos of Ford’s next-generation C-Max MPV in prototype form. Today we have even better photos and confirmation from several industry sources that the C-Max will be sold in the United States.

From these photos we can see the sliding doors will make it into production, though we reckon its center support will be less radical compared to that of the iosis Max. Despite its disguise, the location of the rail of the sliding door is clearly visible above the fuel filler cap. Overall, the prototype spied today has evolved quite a bit from the cobbled together mule our spy photographers spotted last year.

All in all the production model will be a lot bigger than the show car –- but also a lot less exciting. Expect to see engine offerings similar to today’s C-Max –- plus the 2.0L EcoBoost motor Ford recently announced.

The car is scheduled to make its official debut at next year’s Paris Motor Show. U.S. production will start towards the end of 2011 at Ford’s Michigan Assembly plant in Wayne, MI.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-c-max.html#more-20150

Believe it or not...........

On Monday, we brought you the first photos of Ford’s next-generation C-Max MPV in prototype form. Today we have even better photos and confirmation from several industry sources that the C-Max will be sold in the United States.

From these photos we can see the sliding doors will make it into production, though we reckon its center support will be less radical compared to that of the iosis Max. Despite its disguise, the location of the rail of the sliding door is clearly visible above the fuel filler cap. Overall, the prototype spied today has evolved quite a bit from the cobbled together mule our spy photographers spotted last year.

All in all the production model will be a lot bigger than the show car –- but also a lot less exciting. Expect to see engine offerings similar to today’s C-Max –- plus the 2.0L EcoBoost motor Ford recently announced.

The car is scheduled to make its official debut at next year’s Paris Motor Show. U.S. production will start towards the end of 2011 at Ford’s Michigan Assembly plant in Wayne, MI.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-c-max.html#more-20150

Believe it or not...........

I don't believe it

This is a direct qoute from WWJ the 9th paragraph from the article Posted Tuesday, 15 September 2009 5:39AM.

"Ford isn’t saying where the North American version of the C-MAX Grand will be built. The Michigan Assembly Plant, in Wayne, which makes the current Focus, does have extra capacity."

http://www.wwj.com/Ford-Introduces-Mini-Minivan/5220342

I don't believe it

This is a direct qoute from WWJ the 9th paragraph from the article Posted Tuesday, 15 September 2009 5:39AM.

"Ford isn’t saying where the North American version of the C-MAX Grand will be built. The Michigan Assembly Plant, in Wayne, which makes the current Focus, does have extra capacity."

http://www.wwj.com/Ford-Introduces-Mini-Minivan/5220342

LAP or KC

Here was the meeting notes as I saw them: We are making progress but need more to be competitive. Here is the money GM, Toyota and Chrysler have and here is the debt that we have. We are going to do what is necessary to get their, which means opening up the contract and giving more concessions. I'm sure this speech will be at every plant and soon after another round of concessions will take place.

I'm sure this speech will be at every plant and soon after another round of concessions will take place.

I agree it's the first shot in the concessions war.

I totally agree with giving concessions, the more upper management gives up the better it will be.

As my old boss always said "show me don't tell me".

Show us the way VP Hendrichs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shades: