Health care reform: A simple explanation

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Profit is Bad????

when excessive, based on what is being forced out of consumers pockets on a NECESSITY absolutely yes!....witness the reaction to gas prices at $4.50 a gallon....theres a BIG difference between a luxury and a necessity....we NEED gas, water, electricity etc and we NEED our health...we DON"T need that gt500 with the 10k addendum ( sure is desirable though )

when excessive, based on what is being forced out of consumers pockets on a NECESSITY absolutely yes!....witness the reaction to gas prices at $4.50 a gallon....theres a BIG difference between a luxury and a necessity....we NEED gas, water, electricity etc and we NEED our health...we DON"T need that gt500 with the 10k addendum ( sure is desirable though )

$4.5O you lucky bastards.

We will paying $8.80 for unleaded by the end of the year according todays newspapers.

LINK

Yes, as a matter of fact I have asked myself why people watch Fox. I have come to the conclusion that people on the Right and Left like watching someone who agrees with them. The left has Olbermann and Maddow. I don't always agree with them but I'm probably 85% with them on most issues. The Right has Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck. I think they are full of crap about 85% of the time. Beck is just Batshiat crazy lately.

Popularity is not indicative of truth or honesty. Lots of people watch Jerry Springer too.

They don't watch Springer to get their news...and when it comes to your choice of news you're obviously in the minority.....

I can handle logical right wing views, because I sorta fall that way myself. But Fox mostly spews out extreme right wing crap designed to cause just the kind of discussion going on here, designed to get more viewers to watch their crap. It's their business plan....stir the pot with lies and inuendo. To think that at some time I probably bought into that line embarrases me. Real thoughtful intelligent Republicans don't like it either.

I'm not extreme right wing and I watch it.......obviously you do too.

But I seem to remember lots of people comparing Bush to Hitler during his terms. Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck and the gang didn't invent the tactic. I would hope that each side would learn from the mistakes of the past, but what I see is that they seem determined to adopt the worst tactics of the other side.

All of us Brit's that got rid of Hitler must be Nazi's then as we have a universal healthcare system.

Limbaugh & Beck should have read a few British newspapers most thought Bushie was worse than Hitler. Most Brits are pleased you have got rid of that warmongering Idiot, gotta say l have never heard anybody complain about Obama here. Most Brits think Obama is the most popular President you have had in ages, who closed the torture camps down in Cuba Bushie?

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

All of us Brit's that got rid of Hitler must be Nazi's then as we have a universal healthcare system.

Limbaugh & Beck should have read a few British newspapers most thought Bushie was worse than Hitler. Most Brits are pleased you have got rid of that warmongering Idiot, gotta say l have never heard anybody complain about Obama here. Most Brits think Obama is the most popular President you have had in ages, who closed the torture camps down in Cuba Bushie?

Hmm, who told you the camps in cuba are closed, they aren't! and through all of this let me say that I have had read some very horrific stories of the British and the art of torture as well. All of us Brits got rid of Hitler???? As I recall Briton was damn near down and out until the US got involved.

Let's not rewrite history.

Obama doesn't control what is in the proposed legislation. These are Democrats not Republicans we're dealing with here. They don't march in lockstep. To say that a particular provision of a bill is his is likewise incorrect at this point.

Obama was wrong to address the Gates matter without having the facts. What appears to be clear about that incident is that Gates overreacted and both parties should have cooled down before it got to the point where it resulted in him going to jail. OTOH, Gates may have reason to be oversensitive given the times he grew up in. Crowley seems like a reasonable guy who was likely taken by surprise by the reaction and then he may have overreacted as well. Once it was established that Gates was in his home, it should have ended.

If a Harvard professor, dealing with Harvard campus police (was it not), and a friend of the President, OR those defending him lean on Racism for why he did what he did, I guess Racism will never go away?

Especially when the racism issue is paramount to - the arrogance and lofty standing of the individual in regard to the standing of the officer. I immagine Harvard Professors that are friends of the president often forget just who they are. But I see nothing of this discussed. It must either be some form of racism, or the cops.

Peace and Blessings

But I seem to remember lots of people comparing Bush to Hitler during his terms. Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck and the gang didn't invent the tactic. I would hope that each side would learn from the mistakes of the past, but what I see is that they seem determined to adopt the worst tactics of the other side.

With the exception of some marginal wingnuts on the far left, I don't remember anyone with any clout comparing Bush to Hitler. Not Olbermann, Maddow, Matthews or anyone on CNN. When the Right correctly took the wingnuts to task they were indignant over using Hitler as part of political discussion. Now the same guys on the Right doing this. They have clout like Limbaugh and the Stars of Fox. That is a big difference. They made many of the most outrageous claims about Clinton as well. Bush wasn't Hitler and neither is Obama. If Beck wants to talk himself right out of his sponsorships, I say, let him, he won't be missed.

You think that executive pay has nothing to do with profits or premiums? My point about their profits was not necessarily about the profits they show to their investors on Wall Street. I was talking about excessive profits that allow them to offer their CEO's $750,000,000.00 worth of stock options. Their profit & executive pay are excessive.

Have you priced personal health insurance lately? There's no way I could afford it for a family of 5 & I make pretty good money.

You don't get to say, I want cheaper X, so lower executive pay for that company or industry?

Where do you work? What do you do? Maybe I want that product or service cheaper. I want you to take a 40% pay cut! Or is it different now that it is a little closer to home?

Peace and Blessings

More Fox obfuscation and outright lies. It is not Obama's Plan that is wending its way through Congress. These are Congressional Bills not Executive Bills. Obama didn't write the legislation and has no control over what is in and what is out until a final bill is voted on and sent to the President for signature or veto. Really this shouldn't be that hard for Fox News to understand. Those chuckleheads could use a refresher from my childhood.

I wouldn't even call them that, try lobbyists bills.

Are you sure you aren't describing Fox News?

Just wondering if you seen this? You have mentioned you like to defend your system up there.

Overhauling health-care system tops agenda at annual meeting of Canada's doctors

SASKATOON — The incoming president of the Canadian Medical Association says this country's health-care system is sick and doctors need to develop a plan to cure it.

Dr. Anne Doig says patients are getting less than optimal care and she adds that physicians from across the country - who will gather in Saskatoon on Sunday for their annual meeting - recognize that changes must be made.

"We all agree that the system is imploding, we all agree that things are more precarious than perhaps Canadians realize," Doing said in an interview with The Canadian Press.

"We know that there must be change," she said. "We're all running flat out, we're all just trying to stay ahead of the immediate day-to-day demands."

The pitch for change at the conference is to start with a presentation from Dr. Robert Ouellet, the current president of the CMA, who has said there's a critical need to make Canada's health-care system patient-centred. He will present details from his fact-finding trip to Europe in January, where he met with health groups in England, Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands and France.

His thoughts on the issue are already clear. Ouellet has been saying since his return that "a health-care revolution has passed us by," that it's possible to make wait lists disappear while maintaining universal coverage and "that competition should be welcomed, not feared."

In other words, Ouellet believes there could be a role for private health-care delivery within the public system.

I don't know when there was last a president of the AMA who last liked the "Canadian System." Besides that, each province is different. Nothing is imploding in my province, except for a problem with MRI waits that has developed in the last two years and is in the process of being fixed. Canadians don't listen to the CMA though, because we don't see it imploding. It's just a scare tactic by another proponent of private for profit care.

Edited by suv_guy_19