2007 Vehicle Order Tracking

FWIW....I called VOPC again this morning (had to be sure I wasn't dreaming). When I use my Order Number I can get the build date as "week of June 12" but when I use the VIN the system can't find me. When it tries to confirm VIN it always puts a 'W' in the place of the 'V' and totally messes up the rest of the VIN. Must be this southern accent! Has no problems going by Order Number though.

Chip in SC

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As posted in "Keep the Info Flowing"" my ETA (delivery date) has been moved forward 3 days....I am assuming this means I have BLEND.

IPCHAY---somewhere out here I think it talks about not giving the whole VIN, something like the first 2 letters and 8 last numbers. Read the first part of this post where Kzinti explains the process.

Edited by Blitz

As posted in "Keep the Info Flowing"" my ETA (delivery date) has been moved forward 3 days....I am assuming this means I have BLEND.

IPCHAY---somewhere out here I think it talks about not giving the whole VIN, something like the first 2 letters and 8 last numbers. Read the first part of this post where Kzinti explains the process.

I see in K's instructions to use the first two and last 8 digits when checking the railcar number but not for the other stuff. The ERL is pretty specific when she asks for the "17 digit vehicle identification number". Thanks for the suggestion though. I might try it.

Chip in SC

The two other times that I have seen this happen has been caused by You making a change to the specs (your order is in "Revised Spec" status) in the previous week. Did you revise your order? If so, I would expect this condition to last until next Thursday.

Flash

I had made a change to add the 64W 18" polished bullits several weeks ago. Dealer told me it "took" but last Friday I found out that they evidently did it wrong. So, long story short, I fixed the problem myself and confirmed on Tues of this week that the wheels were added....then I went from "temp delay" to no status at all. Well, it looks like everything is good now because I also got set up for build the week of June 12th!!! In case it matters, my car is torch red. I heard they build them in batches by color but I don't know if that's true or not. I'm hoping to have the car by the 4th of July!

I just called VOPC for the first time. "As of May 22nd, your unit is scheduled for production the week of June 12th"

This is almost as bad as waiting for your kids to be born. I have held off on calling Ford to avoid wearing out my carpet from pacing.

--------------------------------------

1ZVHT82H575200510

Receipt Date: 3/28/2006

Serialize Date: 4/21/2006

Segment Date:

Sequence Date:

Blend Date:

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

I just called VOPC for the first time. "As of May 22nd, your unit is scheduled for production the week of June 12th"

This is almost as bad as waiting for your kids to be born. I have held off on calling Ford to avoid wearing out my carpet from pacing.

--------------------------------------

acsteele, congrats to you! I'm so addicted to VOPC that I actually know how long it takes for me to go through the system - 2 minutes and 7 seconds to get my daily fix!

Flash, I was serialized on April 21st.

Edited by Bob99b5

Bad News....I'm no longer "locked in to be built week of June 5th"...back to "scheduled to be built week of June 5th" and my ETA was moved from week of June 16 to week of June 22.

Update take 2...Talked w/ customer service, they said ETA of 29th! Sooo, took the plunge, tried talking to an Analyst @ VOPC and reached a helpful soul who said that due to the large number of orders things flip-flopped between "locked in" and "scheduled" and that all was still a go w/ ETA of 22nd

Edited by Blitz

Bad News....I'm no longer "locked in to be built week of June 5th"...back to "scheduled to be built week of June 5th" and my ETA was moved from week of June 16 to week of June 22.

When was the last time that you heard the "locked in" words prior to today? Is there a way to infer that when you hear "Scheduled" does that translate to Segmentation and when you hear "Locked in" does that translate to Sequenced? Just trying to figure things out in the absence of Dr K what the visual and audible clues are.

2007 Mustang Prices are showing up on other forums now. Here is the list that I have been able to accumulate thus far. If your option is not listed, then I don't know it...

Shelby Coupe Base MSRP 40930.00

Shelby Vert Base MSRP 45755.00

GT Vert Base MSRP 31280.00

Gas Guzz Tax $1300 on SHelby's

V-6 coupe deluxe base MSRP 19250

V-6 Coupe Premium base MSRP 20175

V-6 Vert deluxe 24075

V-6 Premium 25000

GT Coupe Deluxe 25275

GT Coupe Premium 26455

Popular options MSRP

Cloth top $200

anti-theft 325

wheel locks 50

Int Upgrade 460

Int sprt app pkg 345

Driver Orn Pkg 195

side air bags 380

Automatic 995

3.55 Limited Slip 100

Sirius 195

Comfort group 575

CA Special 1895

GT APP Pkg 245

convert boot 160

17" brt mach whls 195

64E wheels 825

64W wheels 825

heated seats 250

prem trim pkg 395

chrom exhaust tips 125

all weath mats 75

spinner caps 85

shaker 1000 1295

bodyside molding 95

When was the last time that you heard the "locked in" words prior to today? Is there a way to infer that when you hear "Scheduled" does that translate to Segmentation and when you hear "Locked in" does that translate to Sequenced? Just trying to figure things out in the absence of Dr K what the visual and audible clues are.

Flash,

I think that sounds right. I just stopped by to pay my respects to the K man. Its been a few months since I got mine, but I remember this coming up before. Also, I went from "locked in" back to "scheduled" due to a commodity hold. The ERL stopped updating after that, and never went back to "locked in". About 2 days after Kzinti gave me the good news that my car had been built, I checked the ERL again, but it was still saying "scheduled"..........

Well, its Thursday and the ERL :censored: still tells me "temp delay". I am half wondering if the holiday on Monday impacted the updates this week, so I will try again on Fri.

Anyone go from temp delay last week to scheduled this today (6/1)? My dealer said that he was meeting with his Ford rep today and if I was still on temp delay today, then I should call him to remind him to bring it up with his rep. I have to credit my dealer for being attentive if nothing else.

Trying not to hyperventilate with anger...

Well, its Thursday and the ERL :censored: still tells me "temp delay". I am half wondering if the holiday on Monday impacted the updates this week, so I will try again on Fri.

Anyone go from temp delay last week to scheduled this today (6/1)? My dealer said that he was meeting with his Ford rep today and if I was still on temp delay today, then I should call him to remind him to bring it up with his rep. I have to credit my dealer for being attentive if nothing else.

Trying not to hyperventilate with anger...

Mine still says "scheduled to be built week of June 12, 2006". Hope they get you off the Temp Delay.

Chip in SC

GOOD INFO...called customer service (800-392-3673) and learned a few things:

-Got an ETA of 6/29, same info as a couple of days ago...probed further and was told that ETA was 6/22-6/29....which must be why ERL says "week of 6/22"

-Then learned that the car would be shipped between 6/5 and 6/12. According to Commander K shipping to So Cal takes 10-14 business days...the math is starting to make sense

-I was then told that "The last maintainence date will be 6/5"..this means the last component on the production line is completed on that date...which theoretically means my car will be built Monday June 5th.

If you call CS you will need a VIN number

OK, posted in "keep the info flowing" also.

Just got changed from "scheduled for production week of June 12th." to "locked in for production the week of June 12th, with scheduled delivery to dealer June 25th"

I don't know exactly what it means, except for the fact I'm going to be totally worthless for the next three weeks. (Anyone want to share some Valium?)

:bandance: :happy feet:

Blitz, does ERL tell you, you are scheduled or locked in for production week of June 5th?

Up until a few days ago I was locked in...then it went to scheduled. The analyst told me it didn't matter, just a different way to say the same thing...??? I know others have gone from locked to scheduled.

I'm going to make some calls on Tues 6/6 and see if anything has changed...I'll also check w/ the dealer..I'm working directly with the GM and so there's no B.S.

Blitz

OK, posted in "keep the info flowing" also.

Just got changed from "scheduled for production week of June 12th." to "locked in for production the week of June 12th, with scheduled delivery to dealer June 25th"

I don't know exactly what it means, except for the fact I'm going to be totally worthless for the next three weeks. (Anyone want to share some Valium?)

:bandance: :happy feet:

Mine's the same! I just got moved this week from "scheduled" week of June 12th to "locked in for production week of June 12th, with ETA to dealer week of June 28th".

While that's great news, the bad part is that I'm going to be in Germany the week that the car arrives, :cry: so what do I do? Do I leave the car there and risk not being able to pick it up before the 4th of July holiday, or do I let my wife sign the papers and bring it home??? :shrug:

Mine's the same! I just got moved this week from "scheduled" week of June 12th to "locked in for production week of June 12th, with ETA to dealer week of June 28th".

While that's great news, the bad part is that I'm going to be in Germany the week that the car arrives, :cry: so what do I do? Do I leave the car there and risk not being able to pick it up before the 4th of July holiday, or do I let my wife sign the papers and bring it home??? :shrug:

Been getting "Scheduled week of June 12, 2006" from VOPC for several weeks now. Customer Relations says my estimated delivery date is week of June 19. My dealer calls me up today saying he just found out today my car will be built the week of June 12 and my estimated delivery date is week of June 25. Either way at least I should have it by July.

BTW, it will be arriving along with his first Shelby (Torch Red coupe).

Chip in SC

Edited by ipchay61

Well, so much for my "Things only change on Thursdays" theory. Today my status changed finally! :happy feet: Good: Getting Scheduled. Bad: Week of 7/17! :do what:

I am assuming that the plant shut down period is therefore the weeks of 7/3 and 7/10. Looks like I didn't even make the cutoff. I had heard that even if the plant was shut down the carriers being subs means that the cars still move off the lot, so I was hopefull for a mid July delivery.

Weeks of agony ahead..

Well, so much for my "Things only change on Thursdays" theory. Today my status changed finally! :happy feet: Good: Getting Scheduled. Bad: Week of 7/17! :do what:

I am assuming that the plant shut down period is therefore the weeks of 7/3 and 7/10. Looks like I didn't even make the cutoff. I had heard that even if the plant was shut down the carriers being subs means that the cars still move off the lot, so I was hopefull for a mid July delivery.

Weeks of agony ahead..

At least you finally got some news. I would have thought you would make it before the shutdown but I guess a lot of orders got entered between you and me. I should have mine by then so I'll at least bark a tire for ya!

Chip in SC

At least you finally got some news. I would have thought you would make it before the shutdown but I guess a lot of orders got entered between you and me. I should have mine by then so I'll at least bark a tire for ya!

Chip in SC

Either that or the options that I selected caused a scheduling issue. One positive note I guess is that at least the parking lot should be empty by the time that the plant cranks up again. So maybe they'll get shipped out sooner? Here's wishing for same day release and no two week hangovers! :beerchug:

At least I can get over the sensation of feeling like a slug in temp delay status...

Had a few spare minutes so I figured I would see if VOPC had anything new. They did.......

"As of June 16th your vehicle is locked in for production week of June 12, 2006. ETA at dealer is week of June 25, 2006."

The June 16 thing threw me off so I had to make the ERL repeat it several times just to make sure I heard right.

Edit: FYI....this is the first time I've got anything other than "scheduled for production week of June 12, 2006". Does "locked" mean something different than "scheduled"?

Chip in SC

Edited by ipchay61