Which is more American: Toyota Sienna or Ford Mustang?

Screw the Sienna, Ford engineers need a new toy. Ford needs CAFE numbers, and a mustang with the 3.5 could be a possibility fairly soon. They need to adapt the 3.5, v-6, longitude-wise with a 6 speed, and an 8.8 locker rear end, and a cross-over dual exhaust. They may call it the Mustang "Z" prototype. Acceleration as fast as a GT, with LA's better than the Shelby's. Full poly-elipsoidal headlight buckets could be considered for character. And keep the price at entry level. More sales and bonus CAFE credits! (decent gas mileage)- Is this a corporate leak or just a good idea? HA!

Screw the Sienna, Ford engineers need a new toy. Ford needs CAFE numbers, and a mustang with the 3.5 could be a possibility fairly soon. They need to adapt the 3.5, v-6, longitude-wise with a 6 speed, and an 8.8 locker rear end, and a cross-over dual exhaust. They may call it the Mustang "Z" prototype. Acceleration as fast as a GT, with LA's better than the Shelby's. Full poly-elipsoidal headlight buckets could be considered for character. And keep the price at entry level. More sales and bonus CAFE credits! (decent gas mileage)- Is this a corporate leak or just a good idea? HA!

Add a more expensive engine, transmission, rear end, exhaust, and headlights and keep the price the same? :finger:

Everyone gets it right? It's not about product desireability, but the economics and politics involved in car making. Foreign companies don't pay their employees as well as the US companies, so it's easier for them to make a profit since their labor costs are so much lower. US companies have to compete by using eliminating union jobs. One thing the article mentioned is that most of the foreign companies are operating in the south where unions are not welcome, and I don't know why people in the south would shun unions to have a lower paying job. When you see hoards of poor black people in New Orleans, it's obvious they're desperate for jobs, but why is it that unions are not welcome in the south? Maybe it's a lack of education, combined with thousands of poor people that is eroding the middle class. I wonder how many of them will read an article like this, or if any common newspaper would dare print an article that talks about this. I live in San Diego, and our local paper seems to never print anything that could offend people.

Ryan

Everyone gets it right? It's not about product desireability, but the economics and politics involved in car making. Foreign companies don't pay their employees as well as the US companies, so it's easier for them to make a profit since their labor costs are so much lower. US companies have to compete by using eliminating union jobs. One thing the article mentioned is that most of the foreign companies are operating in the south where unions are not welcome, and I don't know why people in the south would shun unions to have a lower paying job. When you see hoards of poor black people in New Orleans, it's obvious they're desperate for jobs, but why is it that unions are not welcome in the south? Maybe it's a lack of education, combined with thousands of poor people that is eroding the middle class. I wonder how many of them will read an article like this, or if any common newspaper would dare print an article that talks about this. I live in San Diego, and our local paper seems to never print anything that could offend people.

Ryan

maybe in the south they come home from their lower paying job and watch the unions argue with the companies and the bankruptcy courts as to how much longer before they don't have a job at all... as long as unions demand more, even in down times, they will loose... there are many industries that don't exist in the US anymore because of the inablilty to compramise....