mkx spied with interior

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_li..._spied/(page)/1

To that end, the MKX gets a new stitched-leather dash that cascades around a wildly edgy new center-console design. The touch-screen nav system is nestled in a sculpted console that appears to sport tactile sensors—rather than traditional buttons—for the HVAC and audio controls. The smoothing of interior shapes also will reach to the new steering wheel, which loses a spoke and the previous blocky styling for a more upscale shape reminiscent of an Acura wheel, but without the button overload.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope C/D is right abour an EcoBoost option for the MKX

Any insider info regarding EB powertrains in the MKX? Last I worked on the CD3 twins was before I left the company a year ago, and I imagine things have changed since. At that point, the 3.7 was scheduled for the MKX.

Swizco

thanks for posting a pic, my computer wouldnt load it...

just noticed it looks like it will have the wiper controls on the right side of the steering wheel, thanks god a mist setting!

I prefer one stalk for the wipers, turn signal and high beams. And the current setup has a mist setting, so I don't know what you mean by that.

Any insider info regarding EB powertrains in the MKX? Last I worked on the CD3 twins was before I left the company a year ago, and I imagine things have changed since. At that point, the 3.7 was scheduled for the MKX.

Swizco

Well, I'd think the 3.7 is standard, perhaps with the 3.5EB optional.....I'm thinking it'd be a better place for the EB I4 - it'll get V6 power, but better fuel economy, which is what these two need, IMO.

^ the thing is if CD3 can handle the Ecoboost power because D3 had to be reinforced and converted to D4 so it could handle the Ecoboost

Well, theoretically, they could have reinforced the platform in order to handle EcoBoost motors, since it is a refresh.

The interior is top notch, but I get a Acura vibe from the steering wheel.

Agreed, and looks like Lincoln will truly get it's own controls now - ones that don't look very similar to Ford's new switchgear.

I'm not the biggest fan of the steering wheel, though.

MKX is currently on CD3S, completely different to CD3 sedan platform, both are dead end platforms.

which is the way of saying that any form of Ecoboost in them is currently not going to happen due to packaging issues.

I do have to say I'm really impressed by the center stack on the MKX...I wonder whats in store for the Edge. It doesnt even look like Ford/Lincoln switch gear is being used in it!

Edited by silvrsvt

Hmm, I'm still happy to be proved wrong and you get your EB V6 in the MKX

CD3S is completely different to CD3, it's more like the D3/D4

so maybe it can support V6 Ecoboost and will be kept longer.

Heck, it's built in the same Oakville complex.......

I do have to say I'm really impressed by the center stack on the MKX...I wonder whats in store for the Edge. It doesnt even look like Ford/Lincoln switch gear is being used in it!

I am too, with one exception.....the volume control. My only no-no with the center stack is that the volume control will (or appears to) be controlled by buttons. I don't care if the climate controls are buttons.....ex. they're buttons in my Flex, but at least for the volume control, I'd prefer a "traditional" rotating knob.

The center stack looks great, though.

I agree with wondering what the Edge will look like. I'm thinking it won't be as "impressive" as this. I'm sure it'll look great, but this new Lincoln setup we see here will be a way to differentiate the two brands even more. I'm thinking you'll see something more "traditional" (see Flex/Taurus, IMO) for the Edge.

...Ground control to Major Tom...PushButton ignition, engines on...

I appreciate the bigger screen, I'm just wondering about that knob but even the center floor console is missing...who knows what they are planning to create. This is a huge departure for the styling that Ford has used before for switchgear, I'm just hoping they keep their ergonomic simplicity.

I am too, with one exception.....the volume control. My only no-no with the center stack is that the volume control will (or appears to) be controlled by buttons. I don't care if the climate controls are buttons.....ex. they're buttons in my Flex, but at least for the volume control, I'd prefer a "traditional" rotating knob.

I don't even see a Volume control on the center stack, maybe steering wheel mounted controls are standard?