Ford Motor Company May 2009 Sales Figures

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess if your happy with roughly 96K sold per year (i'm not)..by august we shall see what maro has done to stang sales..

Did I say I was happy with 96K/year?

No, I said the 2010 wasn't flopping since it posted the first Mustang sales increase in 10 months. :finger:

Gee, I don't know. Ask Mullaly and company those were their numbers !

Those numbers were revised downward already to I believe 9.5M annualized. Ford has stated they could make it through the year at that rate. It seems very unlikely that rate will continue even through this year, let alone next.

i guess if your happy with roughly 96K sold per year (i'm not)..by august we shall see what maro has done to stang sales..

There haven't even been 2010 models on the lots around me until recently. The car isn't fully available, and certainly was scarce for the first part of the month.

Did I say I was happy with 96K/year?

No, I said the 2010 wasn't flopping since it posted the first Mustang sales increase in 10 months. :finger:

oh...so thats a positive? roughly 8k a month is good?..inference that it is not flopping due to previous 10 months is disingenuous..we can debate this more come august when stang has been readily avialbale for at least 3 months...now..8k just looks pathetic to me for such an iconic brand

There haven't even been 2010 models on the lots around me until recently. The car isn't fully available, and certainly was scarce for the first part of the month.

Yeah, my local dealer has one GT, no others, but that GT has been there for several weeks now, surprisingly.

I have yet to see one here.

I've seen about 10-12 or so, ALL V6's, though.

Edited by rmc523

oh...so thats a positive? roughly 8k a month is good?..inference that it is not flopping due to previous 10 months is disingenuous..we can debate this more come august when stang has been readily avialbale for at least 3 months...now..8k just looks pathetic to me for such an iconic brand

You have to take into account the current state of the economy. It's all relative, and if the numbers have gone up for the first time in 10 months (when the economy has been in the tank), then it's a good thing.

What is your reference for determining a flop, numbers based on a thriving economy or today's mess?

Everything is a flop this year.

Edited by jpd80

To say it's a flop without taking into the state of the economy is disingenuous.

You sure its for sale? My dealer had a demo model for a few weeks. It's there to be checked out and driven, but not sold.

You may be right. I haven't asked about it (I may when I take the Flex in for service for minor things later this week, though). Normally, I would think it would've been gone within the first few days of arriving, but seeing as it's the only GT I've seen (outside of 2 other GTs on another dealer's lot) at that dealer or on the road, that would certainly explain why it's just been sitting there for as long as it has. It could either be a demo as you said, or they could just be waiting for more to come in before they sell it (that way there'll be another there for people to test drive if it's sold), which at that point, you might as well just make it a demo.

What happened to Focus???

Go Fusion. Who has an 2010 Fusion and had an older and can report on it?

Peace and Blessings

It's my understanding that Ford is not offering leases on Focus right now, and haven't been for a while, and the incentives aren't that great either. And, as others have stated, gas is over $1.20/gallon cheaper than 1 year ago at this time.

It's my understanding that Ford is not offering leases on Focus right now, and haven't been for a while, and the incentives aren't that great either. And, as others have stated, gas is over $1.20/gallon cheaper than 1 year ago at this time.

Incentives are very good on the Focus... my family has bought 2 in the last few months... sister in law and mom both got one. My mom got a 2009 SE sedan with full power and sync for around $14k.

I couldn't be happier... this is amazing news....

DEARBORN, Mich., June 2, 2009 – New products helped Ford Motor Company achieve its highest market share in three years, even as Ford decreased incentive spending in May. Ford, Lincoln and Mercury sales totaled 155,954, up 20 percent versus April and the highest sales for any month since July 2008.

Sales of the Ford Fusion were 19,786, Ford Flex sales were 4,305 and sales of the company's hybrid vehicles totaled 3,906 – setting three new sales records. In addition, Lincoln's new sedans, the MKZ and MKS, helped the luxury brand post a 2 percent sales increase.

"Consideration for our new products is increasing," said Ken Czubay, Ford vice president, Sales and Marketing. "Even as the competitive environment intensifies, Ford's relentless pursuit of quality, fuel efficiency, smart technology and appealing designs is winning new customers."

The previous Fusion record was set last month with 18,321 cars when Fusion cracked the foreign stranglehold on the mid-size sedan market. It was the first time since July 2002 that a domestic car was one of the top three mid-size cars selling to retail customers. Recent independent studies rate Fusion and the Mercury Milan as having the best predicted reliability among all mid-size sedans. In addition, both models are rated the most fuel-efficient sedans in America.

Lincoln was one of the few brands in the U.S. to achieve a sales increase in May. Lincoln sales totaled 8,566, up 2 percent versus a year ago. Lincoln's sedans, the all-new MKS, redesigned MKZ and venerable Town Car paced Lincoln's sales increase. A new Lincoln full-size crossover, the MKT, will debut later this year.

Combined sales for the Fusion and Milan hybrids and the Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner hybrids totaled 3,906 – a new company record for hybrid sales in a single month. The previous record was set in April 2006, with 3,420 hybrids.

The previous Flex record also was set last month with 3,190 vehicles. Combined sales for all crossover utilities were 35,582, Ford's strongest crossover sales month since last May.

May marked the first full sales month of the 2010 Ford Mustang. Mustang sales totaled 8,812, the highest sales month since last July. This year marks the 45th anniversary of America's legendary pony car.

http://media.ford.com/images/10031/May09sales.pdf