Ford Motor Company May 2009 Sales Figures

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the BON member who claimed 'the Fusion will never sell over 10K a month'?

bu-bye

Fusion outsold the Malibu [not so new anymore] and Impala [lame duck]. The Fusion update makes the Malibu look like a '96 Oldsmobile 88.

Good to see the Old Skool Kool Classic Styled F-Series at No1 in the US, no Japanese Junk trucks get a look in when you offer Classic Styling :hysterical:

Classic Ford Trucks

Pictures of Classic Ford F-Series Trucks (Not for Nick to look at) :hysterical:

http://trucks.about.com/od/specialtytrucks...ks/index.03.htm

Define for me now what makes the F-150's design "classic" when the Tundra's and Titan's apparently are not. If you can't, I'm editing out all references you make to "Classic F-150" from here on out.

Define for me now what makes the F-150's design "classic" when the Tundra's and Titan's apparently are not. If you can't, I'm editing out all references you make to "Classic F-150" from here on out.

The emblems and names are all I can think of, and those aren't enough to make something "classic," IMO.

Top 10 Vehicles

1. F-Series 33,381

2. Silverado 31,463

3. Camry 31,325

4. Corolla 23,576

5. Accord 22,597

6. Civic 20,723

7. Fusion 19,786

8. Impala 18,709

9. Altima 18,408

10. Escape 16,391

Added Altima. Ram P/U sold 15,516 not good enough to make the Top 10.

Bill: We're all adults here - we can talk about this openly...

[writing on chalkboard]

Bill: PROSTITUTION! But what does that mean really? Sometimes it helps to understand a word if you break it down, so let's do that now shall we? Pros... it doesn't mean anything, you can forget about that... Tit, I think we all know what that means, Tu, two tit and TION of course, from the Latin to shun... to say uh-uh no thank you anyway I don't want it, to push away... it doesn't even belong in this word really.

Ever hear of a guy named Clyde Crashcup and his assistant Leonardo? Used to hang-out with Alvin and his chipmunk brothers?

Clyde's catchphrase (and consider that term loosely used) was to break down the name of his invention into its etonymic elements to explain his thought process. For example, when asked to justify the invention of the telephone, he would say "That's 'tele-' for tele and '-phone' for phone: telephone." Not exactly the scientific method one would seek, but for a five-year-old child watching the show, guaranteed hilarity.

Numbers reflect all divisions.

Ford -24.3%

GM -29.6%

Nissan -33.1%

Toyota -40.7%

Honda -41.5%

Chrysler -46.8%

Hopefully Ford continues to lead the industry. I'm actually glad to see GM also outperform the industry.

I really don't like that Ford doesn't report adjusted numbers like everyone else.

Edited by ccmass

I really don't like that Ford doesn't report adjusted numbers like everyone else.

No that is everyone's straight monthly change, not DSR. Nissan, GM, and Chrysler report straight monthly change. Toyota and Honda report DSR (Daily selling rate). I took their DSR and converted to straight monthly so that the numbers are calculated the same. Honda, using DSR was down -39.2% and Toyota was down -38.4%

Must be a first. The MKZ actually outsold the Cadillac CTS and the Lexus IS last month.

Impressive, who said Lincoln couldn't compete with Cadillac.

The CD3 triplets must have combined sales of around 25,000 this month

Camaro: 5,463

Hmm, I thought they had like 15,000 pre orders on those things.

Maybe the Pontiac G8 is more appealing to customers in terms of room and price wise.....

The G8 has a $3,000 rebate or 0% financing for 60 months on it right. Might explain it...

Ford was the best selling car brand in May 2009, Toyota was the best selling brand in the same month last year. Lincoln was the only Brand to show a positive gain in the US in May.

Sales all Brands May 2009

LINK

Increasing Lincoln sales = more profit to Ford, come to Papa.

Even though people say it's hard to make a profit at 9 to 10 million annual sales,

If Ford can get the product mix aimed at the mid and upper level models they'll do OK.

profit will be very difficult without F150 sales increasing..stang sales also disappointing..but ill wait till august to make the case if new stang is a sales flop..good month overall though

From the press release:

May marked the first full sales month of the 2010 Ford Mustang. Mustang sales totaled 8,812, the

highest sales month since last July.

It doesn't sound like it's flopping to me.

What happened to Focus???

Go Fusion. Who has an 2010 Fusion and had an older and can report on it?

Peace and Blessings

Lower gas prices compared with last summer's record high gas prices equals a precipitous drop. Looks like would-be Focus buyers just upgraded to the Fusion anyhow.

Speaking of which, I finally saw a 2010 Fusion the other day. The front end chrome grille looks sharp against a black car. I could take or leave the rear end, but was impressed nonetheless with the entire package.