Ford Motor Company May 2009 Sales Figures

A sell is a sell is a sell. But I don't think you can just post other sales numbers and say "look". How do you qualify the MKS to be in those other vehicles same class? Is it based on price?

The MKS clearly isn't in the flagship class of sedans, the S-Class, 7-series, A8, and Lexus LS. It doesn't have a long wheel base version and V8 option and it's price point is no where near where these cars can go up to.

Based mostly on price point, and somewhat on size, I would slot the MKS with the mid-level luxury class of cars, like-wise, the MKZ would be compared against entry-luxury sedans, even though in the entry group, you have cars of various sizes like the compact, sports sedans (3-series, and IS) as well as the larger offerings like the Acura TL, CTS, and ES350.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic F-Series looks like its kicked the interloper Accord off the US sales top spot this month maybe with a little bit of help from the Fusion that come close to overtaking the Accord itself, Escape had a good month it jumped over the Focus in sales numbers and outsells the European Kuga 4:1.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Still... 18K Fusions to 22K Accords? Thats slicing it pretty close. Im sure its not sustainable either (09 model blowouts and new '10 intro) but still cool to see it get that close.

It's actually 19,786 Fusions.

If you actually add Fusion and Milan sales, combined they did nip the Accord in sales for the month of May. (By just over 100 units.) I did see that the Fusion again beat Altima sales. Nissan has posted Altima sales of 18,408 for May. Camry will probably still be the segment leader for May.

It's actually 19,786 Fusions.

If you actually add Fusion and Milan sales, combined they did nip the Accord in sales for the month of May.

Some would argue that is like combining Silverrado and GMC pick-up numbers together, then F-series is no longer best selling vechicle. Myself., I see it your way. F-series is #2. Now let's add Escape and Mariner......

The industry will be lucky if it sells 9 million units this year. Sales need to be over 10.5 million units for Ford (or anyone) to make a profit !

Why is 10.5M the "magic number"? Because some economist said so? If Ford continues to gobble up market share, the overall market could conceivably drop considerably more and Ford would still have a chance of posting a profit.

Edited by NickF1011

Just bugs me to see Tacoma selling 10,200 and Ford doesn't have a better idea than Ranger, 5,300.

What a waste of a great name for a little truck. I mean, just what the hell is a tacoma?

ta; as in ta, coma; as in never wake-up?

Umm. Tacoma is a city in Washington.

Agree on the Ranger though. They have dragged their heels on a replacement forever.

Just bugs me to see Tacoma selling 10,200 and Ford doesn't have a better idea than Ranger, 5,300.

What a waste of a great name for a little truck. I mean, just what the hell is a tacoma?

Bill: We're all adults here - we can talk about this openly...

[writing on chalkboard]

Bill: PROSTITUTION! But what does that mean really? Sometimes it helps to understand a word if you break it down, so let's do that now shall we? Pros... it doesn't mean anything, you can forget about that... Tit, I think we all know what that means, Tu, two tit and TION of course, from the Latin to shun... to say uh-uh no thank you anyway I don't want it, to push away... it doesn't even belong in this word really.

The Tundra did only 6K.

Top 10 Vehicles

1. Classic F-Series 33,381

2. Classic Silverado 31,463

3. Camry 31,325

4. Corolla 23,576

5. Accord 22,597

6. Civic 20,723

7. Fusion 19,786

8. Impala 18,709

9. Escape 16,391

10. Focus 15,034

Top Brands

1. Government Motors (4 Brands)168,623 All 191,000

2. Ford - 161,531

3. Toyota - 152,583

4. Honda - 98,344

Top 10 Vehicles

1. Classic F-Series 33,381

2. Classic Silverado 31,463

3. Camry 31,325

4. Corolla 23,576

5. Accord 22,597

6. Civic 20,723

7. Fusion 19,786

8. Impala 18,709

9. Escape 16,391

10. Focus 15,034

Top Brands

1. Government Motors (4 Brands)168,623 All 191,000

2. Ford - 161,531

3. Toyota - 152,583

4. Honda - 98,344

Ford has 4 of the top 10. That's not bad at all. I remember back in the 80s early '90s when they regularly had 5/10. Hopefully that will again be the case when the new Taurus hits the streets.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Top 10 Vehicles

1. F-Series 33,381

2. Silverado 31,463

3. Camry 31,325

4. Corolla 23,576

5. Accord 22,597

6. Civic 20,723

7. Fusion 19,786

8. Impala 18,709

9. Escape 16,391

10. Focus 15,034

Top Brands

1. GENERAL Motors (4 Brands)168,623 All 191,000

2. Ford - 161,531

3. Toyota - 152,583

4. Honda - 98,344

What have we said about using the term "Government Motors"?

I corrected your mistyped nomenclature you used for the pickup trucks also. Ford does not sell the F-150 Classic here anymore.

Ford has 4 of the top 10. That's not bad at all. I remember back in the 80s early '90s when they regularly had 5/10. Hopefully that will again be the case when the new Taurus hits the streets.

Gotta say l have not included the Dodge Ram or Nissan Altima Mark, maybe somebody could find out what their numbers were and add them.

Gotta say l have not included the Dodge Ram or Nissan Altima Mark, maybe somebody could find out what their numbers were and add them.

I suspect the Dodge Ram might still be in the mix there somewhere also....maybe. Possibly.

Old Skool Kool Classic Styling Nick :hysterical:

When you can finally define something about the F-series or Silverado design that is, in fact, "classic" compared to other vehicles on the road today, I'll stop chastising you for it. But simply calling something "classic" does not make it so.

I'm not so worried about the MKS. Take a look at how it stacks up compared to the others in its class. These are the sales figures from April 2009.

BMW 5 series - 4319

MB E class - 1795

Lincoln MKS - 1178

Cadillac STS - 711

Volvo S80 - 681

Lexus GS - 468

Infinti M35/45 - 441

Audi A6 - 388

Acura RL - 202

Basically the BMW 5 series has quite the stranglehold on the segment. The MKS in April handily out sold all but the 5 series and E-class, and that's probably how the segment will stack up. BMW/MB 1/2 and everyone else fighting for the scraps. Heck, the MKS outsold the Lexus GS, Infiniti M, and Acura RL combined! Let's see how the mid-sized luxury shapes up for May after everyone has posted their sales numbers.

A BMW dealer was running a 525i special lease for $399 with $995 down last week. That is what a upperlevel Camry will run you. When you give it away it is easy to post great numbers.

A BMW dealer was running a 525i special lease for $399 with $995 down last week. That is what a upperlevel Camry will run you. When you give it away it is easy to post great numbers.

There had to be a catch somewhere in the fine print there. You can't usually even lease a 3-series for that.

There had to be a catch somewhere in the fine print there. You can't usually even lease a 3-series for that.

There wasn't, a buddy of mine got one came to $428.50 with tax and plates. Put down $1423.50 and has 35 payments left. He was leasing an Impala SS before. It is a stripped down 528 but still not a bad ride for that price. Infiniti has been running some killer leases as well. The dealer couldn’t get over the price either, said a 3 would have been $35 more a month. The thing that killed it for me is the lease is only 10,000miles a year.

Edited by jasonj80

There wasn't, a buddy of mine got one came to $428.50 with tax and plates. Put down $1423.50 and has 35 payments left. He was leasing an Impala SS before. It is a stripped down 528 but still not a bad ride for that price. Infiniti has been running some killer leases as well. The dealer couldn’t get over the price either, said a 3 would have been $35 more a month. The thing that killed it for me is the lease is only 10,000miles a year.

Well there you go. 10,000 mile lease? That wouldn't even cover HALF of my annual milage. I bet the overage penalties are HUUUUUUUGE.

What have we said about using the term "Government Motors"?

I corrected your mistyped nomenclature you used for the pickup trucks also. Ford does not sell the F-150 Classic here anymore.

Thank you! I'm tired of listening to (reading about) him calling the F-150 and Silverado "classic."

:nonono:

+2!