Same sex Marriage

man talk about a hot topic...irrespective of my own veiws, the initial VOTE has been upheld...my feeling is that it will NOT be accepted...there will be uproar and massive demonstrations....so why do we vote anyways.....the majority spoke, but its still never good enough for the minority...seems some just can't take a NO for an answer. as I have touched on before EVERYONE has rights here in the USA....a good thing?...trouble is when one adress's one factions wishes then the demands ramp up...its an OK, we won that war...NEXT....point is, if ( and I beleive it eventually will come to pass ) same sex marriage is legalized what will the NEXT issue become....seperate bathrooms, transport....and what other ammendments to laws will have to be adjusted to appese? And...what does THAt say about voters rights if the majority gets constantly overturned???? OR in theis case constantly questioned....kinda makes one hesitant to vote in the first place doesn't it?

It never should have been put to a vote. The majority should not have the ability to take rights from the minority.

I agree. Imagine killing innocent babies because they don't get a vote. Heck, they are just non-humans. Just another form of slavery. Kind of reminds me of how the Blacks were treated, or the Indians, or how the Japanese treated the Chines, Phillipeanos, and others, or how Hitler, Stallen, Poll Pot,....

Peace and Blessings

man talk about a hot topic...irrespective of my own veiws, the initial VOTE has been upheld...my feeling is that it will NOT be accepted...there will be uproar and massive demonstrations....so why do we vote anyways.....the majority spoke, but its still never good enough for the minority...seems some just can't take a NO for an answer. as I have touched on before EVERYONE has rights here in the USA....a good thing?...trouble is when one adress's one factions wishes then the demands ramp up...its an OK, we won that war...NEXT....point is, if ( and I beleive it eventually will come to pass ) same sex marriage is legalized what will the NEXT issue become....seperate bathrooms, transport....and what other ammendments to laws will have to be adjusted to appese? And...what does THAt say about voters rights if the majority gets constantly overturned???? OR in theis case constantly questioned....kinda makes one hesitant to vote in the first place doesn't it?

Don't worry. From what I heard today there are all sorts of law suits lined up to help get rid of Prop 8. Really, no-fault divorce is what created most of this mess to even come in through the door.

Peace and Blessings

It never should have been put to a vote. The majority should not have the ability to take rights from the minority.

depends entirely on the subject...thus the vote....are you saying REGARDLESS of the subject that voting and democracy is broken?

So what is your take (or anyone elses) on Obama rescinding the 2008 Medical Conscience provisions passed through bipartisan support which provides protection from those that do not wish to be a part certain medical procedures?

Further, it wont be long before Pastors are being attacked with legal action for declining to marry two same sex partners.

Peace and Blessings

So what is your take (or anyone elses) on Obama rescinding the 2008 Medical Conscience provisions passed through bipartisan support which provides protection from those that do not wish to be a part certain medical procedures?

Further, it wont be long before Pastors are being attacked with legal action for declining to marry two same sex partners.

Peace and Blessings

and that touches on my point...so, we give in...then whats NEXT?????? Lawsuit galore for Pators refusing?....hell, next up it will be LAW to have "We respect the right to refuse service for reasons we are unwilling to discuss for fear of causing outrage to minority groups and fear of being hit by handbags......" ( sorry bout the quip, but trust me....give in here, voters will be up in arms and it will be the tip of an iceberg.....and this pertains to entertaining ANY touchy subject and appeasing minority factyions/ groups )

Even though I agree with the verdict, welcome to Democracy 101, and why it isn't necessarily always a good thing for some.

Fine...provided their of sound mind and the age of maturity.

Isn't there protection of freedom of religion? If so, the church can't be made to perform the ceremony.

Fine...provided their of sound mind and the age of maturity.

Isn't there protection of freedom of religion? If so, the church can't be made to perform the ceremony.

nope...but trust me....the lawsuits have only just begun.....this is going to snowball to the point of lunacy...

Even though I agree with the verdict, welcome to Democracy 101, and why it isn't necessarily always a good thing for some.

I agree completely. We get to choose our representatives....some people wish they could choose more. IMO, people barely pay enough attention to make a good decision when it comes to electing those representatives. I think that's enough electing for them :).

But that's the thing. It had already been alowed. The rights were taken away. No one 'gave in'. And so what if you did give in? What would have truly been harmed?

no one is harmed....but makes one definitely question why one should vote in the first place, what about the rights of the voters?.....and heres a question....why IS it such a hotpoint? after all after 7 years they are considered married anyways no?????? see what I mean...Partner isn't good enough.....

I'm sure two gay people that wish to get married wouldn't think it to be lunacy that the rights that they had been given should have been protected.

who gave the intial rights.....don't think it was the majority was it?.....so, like I will say again, whats the point of voting? Or is that case dependent? Lets just pick and choose, regardless of how the #'s pan out.....but careful, don't upset THEM....( pencil in whomever you think THEM applies too )

Marriage - the formal union of a man and a woman, typically recognized by law, by which they become husband and wife.

In other words, gays can't marry. Let them live together, share benefits, etc. But they can't marry. Plain and simple.

• Like 1

It should never have been up to the majority. It never should have went to a vote. The rights were granted, it didn't hurt anyone, and that should have been that.

The law of California allows for mob rule (a.k.a. democracy).

As I explained in this post, the process was completely legitimate according to the law of California.

Let this be a lesson (not directed at you personally, SUV) of the difference between the "Rule of Man" and the "Rule of Law".

The pro-same-sex-marriage folks will get their chance by putting it on the ballot again next year. It can be undone just as easily, provided they get a bigger mob next time.

It should never have been up to the majority. It never should have went to a vote. The rights were granted, it didn't hurt anyone, and that should have been that.

so, hey...MAYHEM.....everybody just do what they want....yehah! And the rights were given to an UPROAR...so it went to vote...they lost, THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IT....and there was NO harm to anyone there either....

Edited by Deanh

The law of California allows for mob rule (a.k.a. democracy).

As I explained in this post, the process was completely legitimate according to the law of California.

Let this be a lesson (not directed at you personally, SUV) of the difference between the "Rule of Man" and the "Rule of Law".

The pro-same-sex-marriage folks will get their chance by putting it on the ballot again next year. It can be undone just as easily, provided they get a bigger mob next time.

and my guess is they will win....unless they piss everyone off with the constant tantrums/ demonstrations and total inability to accept a democratic decision...which IS going to happen....and I wonder if any gay people voted AGAINST it....

Edited by Deanh

and my guess is they will win....unless they piss everyone off with the constant tantrums/ demonstrations and total inability to accept a democratic decision...which IS going to happen....and I wonder if any gay people voted AGAINST it....

If any gay people voted against it they would not tell you as they would be hung from a tree for it. As much as they beat up on and tried to force people away from supporting prop 8 I would say that in this case democracy won and not the mob. A lot of very angry people in that camp.

Peace and Blessings

If any gay people voted against it they would not tell you as they would be hung from a tree for it. As much as they beat up on and tried to force people away from supporting prop 8 I would say that in this case democracy won and not the mob. A lot of very angry people in that camp.

Peace and Blessings

I guess my issue ( and its NOT just this issue ) is how tiresome it is becoming having personal "agendas" rammed downs one throats...I mean isn't that why issues are actually put to the vote in the first place? And reason this is such an issue is it ( gay marriage ) is, and always will be a hot topic...very few I have found are middle ground.....I'm personally up in the air, but fact is it was voted on, game over till next time...will they leave it alone...absolutely NOT...because it conflicts with THEIR PERSONAL desires and beleifs....this will eventually be another win for self centerd-ness...he who screams the loudest basically gets their own way eventually....