2010 Fusion 81.5 mpg

bobsyouruncle

I am so proud of the drivers and team who not only used this opportunity to help drive customers toward Ford but also used this experience to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. After fighting this horrific disease for 25 years, I am so proud that it is Ford making a stand against the competition but also at the same time, raising money for a good cause JDF. THANK YOU!!

JMHO: if the test wasn't rigged, then sure, 81.5mpg is truly amazing. But..........the economy is still in the shitter, people are still losing jobs, and the Fusion is still made in Mexico.

But, yeah, maybe the good PR will swing some buyers our way!

this was achieved by Hyper-Miling .. driving trying to raise the mpg.. they avg'd 20mph during this..

i have an 06 mustang gt that will get 60 mpg.............................................at 20 mph and driving the way they did

:hysterical: 60mpg :hysterical:

They drove 20 - 45 mph in a stock car, through traffic. I was impressed, as will the general public be if more media reports this.

JMHO: if the test wasn't rigged, then sure, 81.5mpg is truly amazing. But..........the economy is still in the shitter, people are still losing jobs, and the Fusion is still made in Mexico.

But, yeah, maybe the good PR will swing some buyers our way!

BINGO!! If I wanted a non American made car I would buy a BMW at least the Germans pay their workers decent wages.

If Ford pays $4 an hour in Mexico why is the Fusion so expensive? Because wages make up only 9% of the price of a vehicle and if we worked for free the cars wouldnt be cheaper Ford would make more money.

I will not participate in allowing Ford to export my job by buying or asking friends to buy a Mexican built vehicle!

BINGO!! If I wanted a non American made car I would buy a BMW at least the Germans pay their workers decent wages.

If Ford pays $4 an hour in Mexico why is the Fusion so expensive? Because wages make up only 9% of the price of a vehicle and if we worked for free the cars wouldnt be cheaper Ford would make more money.

I will not participate in allowing Ford to export my job by buying or asking friends to buy a Mexican built vehicle!

I used to think that same way until I found out how many American jobs were supporting what is being put into the Milan. I believe the engines some directly from the Dearborn Engine plant if I'm not mistaken. I'm not supporting the fact that cars should be built in Mexico but to eliminate that job would create a lot of lost jobs still in the U.S. I am also for them keeping their employment in Mexico so they won't feel the need to come into our country and work at taking more US. jobs!

About two years ago at my locals Christmas meeting, some woman who worked at Solidarity House came and spoke and she started saying how she saw too many Fusions and Milans in the parking lot and shame on anybody who buys a car built in Mexico with non union labor even if it's a Ford. One of the membership jumped up and told her not to say that stuff because some of the components in those cars were built in the U.S. in UAW shops and that would jeopardize their jobs. And that's why sometimes this union talks out of both sides of their mouths. Don't buy a car from the company you work for because it's built out of the country and non union but, check out their little list of cars they approve of and there's Toyotas and Mitsubishis, Japanese cars. I don't know about anyone else but, I'm going to buy the Ford built in Mexico where the profit goes to Dearborn before I buy a union built Jap junk and see that profit go to Tokyo.

About two years ago at my locals Christmas meeting, some woman who worked at Solidarity House came and spoke and she started saying how she saw too many Fusions and Milans in the parking lot and shame on anybody who buys a car built in Mexico with non union labor even if it's a Ford. One of the membership jumped up and told her not to say that stuff because some of the components in those cars were built in the U.S. in UAW shops and that would jeopardize their jobs. And that's why sometimes this union talks out of both sides of their mouths. Don't buy a car from the company you work for because it's built out of the country and non union but, check out their little list of cars they approve of and there's Toyotas and Mitsubishis, Japanese cars. I don't know about anyone else but, I'm going to buy the Ford built in Mexico where the profit goes to Dearborn before I buy a union built Jap junk and see that profit go to Tokyo.

AMEN BROTHER! :happy feet:

I understand how you feel, but I also believe if we buy and support these products we tell Ford that it is ok to export our jobs. On the other hand if we buy a UAW built Toyota in the USA at least we have a job to go to if Ford takes all of its production outside of the US. I would never buy a Toyota period but the Fusion is no better in my book. This product could have been built in Atlanta but the executives told us that the Mexicans work for next to nothing. Basically they said to the hell with Atlanta and its workers, profits are more important. On a $20,000 Fusion, Ford cant be saving more than a couple of hundred dollars per vehicle building them in Mexico after the transportation cost. I cant be mad about that but I can vote with my wallet and I wont participate in helping Ford export American jobs. If I do that the next thing that will go to Mexico is the engine and transmission production.

:censored: It won't be much longer that 100% content will be made in Mexico. That is engine , tranny, interior, etc. :censored:

And stupid asses will still be buying them. :censored:

If it was made in the states, I would love to buy one.

Piss on it, I keep driving My 2001 Escape, at least it is paid for.

BRAVO!!!

I understand how you feel, but I also believe if we buy and support these products we tell Ford that it is ok to export our jobs. On the other hand if we buy a UAW built Toyota in the USA at least we have a job to go to if Ford takes all of its production outside of the US. I would never buy a Toyota period but the Fusion is no better in my book. This product could have been built in Atlanta but the executives told us that the Mexicans work for next to nothing. Basically they said to the hell with Atlanta and its workers, profits are more important. On a $20,000 Fusion, Ford cant be saving more than a couple of hundred dollars per vehicle building them in Mexico after the transportation cost. I cant be mad about that but I can vote with my wallet and I wont participate in helping Ford export American jobs. If I do that the next thing that will go to Mexico is the engine and transmission production.

Put a sock in it d'khead. :finger:

Put a sock in it d'khead. :finger:

Why cant stand the truth? Would you rather everyone go and buy a Volvo? After all Ford makes money on Volvo. You guys are lost and cant figure out why your lost. Because most of you are like the rest of Americans and only care about yourself and not your fellow Americans! Go buy your foreign car made in Mexico and get a bumper sticker that says "I'm Mexican and so is my Car!"

I dont build engines or work in an assembly plant but I will only buy Ford products made in the USA!

I agree with you that those cars should not be built in Mexico but, the fact remains that the Fusion and Milan are good sellers and the money Ford makes on them is helping to keep this company going in these times and that in turn is keeping us going because some of those profits will be invested in other jobs in other plants, U.S. plants. I retired out of Livonia Trans and my oldest son works there now and the they've been getting additional work on the new 6 spd trans and there could be more new work coming in if things go right.

Why cant stand the truth? Would you rather everyone go and buy a Volvo? After all Ford makes money on Volvo. You guys are lost and cant figure out why your lost. Because most of you are like the rest of Americans and only care about yourself and not your fellow Americans! Go buy your foreign car made in Mexico and get a bumper sticker that says "I'm Mexican and so is my Car!"

I dont build engines or work in an assembly plant but I will only buy Ford products made in the USA!

If our members made parts for Volvo---I would look at it in a more positive way. Our members build some pretty significant components on these "Mexican" cars. Just sayin'. I'll say it again that I HATE the fact they're built there.

I agree with you that those cars should not be built in Mexico but, the fact remains that the Fusion and Milan are good sellers and the money Ford makes on them is helping to keep this company going in these times and that in turn is keeping us going because some of those profits will be invested in other jobs in other plants, U.S. plants. I retired out of Livonia Trans and my oldest son works there now and the they've been getting additional work on the new 6 spd trans and there could be more new work coming in if things go right.

Sorry, but the money is being invested in mexico, and other parts of the world. Just heard that ford got the mexicans to agree to a 2 tier wage system. Old timers make $4.something an hour. NEw hires 1.65 hr and will work up to $2 something an hour never to reach 4.oo hr. Just wait sad to say those trannies and engines ect will be moving to mexico as long as people feel like you guys. I believe in fair trade and all of the big 3 care about is profits. period There is more to this than just labor cost, the enviromental laws us vs mexico, labor laws ect. and other factors make the chance that your jobs will be going south. As Gettlefinger just said, its a race to the bottom and there is nothing that we can do about it. We ll my money is going to be spent on products made in the usa. I would rather drive a USA, UAW buit GM Caddy than a mexican built fusion.