How to get a Medical Restriction in 9 Simple Steps..

forddoctor

This ignoramus a few weeks ago asked me in the break room why I keep going head to head with the supervisor? I asked him who the hell was he? and what the hell he was talking about, he shook so damn bad I thought he was going shit his pants. Point is, if you got the balls to stand up to someone and tell it like it is, don't shake like a pussy and get your point across. This guy had none and I put'em in his place. Also told him if he didn't shut his mouth he would be going on a "no tolerance bye bye trip".

WOW. You sure are a tough guy. Basically shut it! If you are such a stand up guy get off your ass and run for something. Case closed, don't talk the game if you have no game!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW. You sure are a tough guy. Basically shut it! If you are such a stand up guy get off your ass and run for something. Case closed, don't talk the game if you have no game!

Run for what???? believe me I would if I knew I had a shot but lets face it and remember who runs the show all over the UAW. It's honestly a waste of time and energy, I'd rather spend my time with someone I love or do things in my life that I want to do. It takes years to establish a following and even more years to practice your gab, sorry I don't have my gab down.. Personally I don't think it's about gab or jaw chatter, I think it's about the membership and getting things done. There isn't a shit chance in hell I could ever move to the top of these idiots and "re-tool" the UAW so to speak. Because that is what we need re-tooling.

Oh, I never said I was a tough guy but if that's how you perceive me without giving me the benefit of knowing me in person first then you should just shut your crack. Go read a book on "how to win an argument" before you badger me with your pole smoker attitude and pea brain mindset. I come in here to speak the truth and to get my opinions out. The (1st Amendment) of our great United States Constitution my friend allows me to do so. If you come in here with the mind set of the 2nd Amendment (Right to Bare Arms) attitude then I will have nothing to do with you or respond to whatever you say any further.

Remember I am protected under the rights of freedom of speech, being that I am of the general populace. If you want to say something intelligent then do so, otherwise leave me alone.

Now, I want to apologize to the rest of the people for his pre judgments, but that's just him and so he can't help it, now I forgot what else I was going to say!.. lol.. Anyway.. Have a nice day..

Edited by chuckie

Just be grateful your pay doesn't compare to what a production worker made when my dad hired in. Back then, a production worker made 66% of what a tradesman did.

That would put you around $21.75.

Just be greatful when you get laid off from your trade, you can come back to production, and make 90% of what you did when you did nothing.

Skilled trades make more money because at some point in life they were willing to roll up their sleeves and

1. Get their hands dirty

2. Work in unpleasant enviroments

3. Willing to chase an apprenticeship and do dirty work

4. Put their life on the line

as a reward they

1. take the good with the bad

2. get paid for what they know as well as what they do

Its easy to see trades doing nothing when the line is running.. They are paid for what they know. when the line is not running and production is not around its the trades, not little gremlins, that actually do the work that is not seen.

If being a tradesman was as easy as it looks, why isn't everybody a tradesman?

BTW. I will be losing over 60k this year to go along with 80 hour holidays. Then again.. half of that loss i paid to the government anyways.. This year I will happily collect some of that as I sit at home.

Edited by OACville

I agree they have over 350 Skilled trades in the Rouge area. Far too many if you ask me. And I agree most sit around and drink coffee and play cards all day. Hey the company used to give out decks of cards so you can't blame the workers on that one right? no..

The point was, is that people are losing money, weather or not they deserve to make it based on value added from the job is another question. If you knew how many people I see drive around on a daily basis on electric carts doing nothing (at the rouge) you would be amazed. I say if Ford wants to save money make these people stay on their lines and take away all these damn motorized vehicles that people use (and do nothing with).

If you want to give supervisors and trades something to drive, give them three wheel bikes to peddle around.

I bet the electric bills for these plants are costing billions per year in itself and that's sad.

First, read what OACville just wrote.

Then, I would like to know how important YOUR job is when you have time to assess that most trades drink coffee and play cards all day. If this is a fair observation by you, then you surely must of had time to be there all day to form this opinion.

Also, you must of followed the carts at the same time to determine that they also do nothing. Hmmm.... seems like you have a lot of extra free time on your hands to come up with these conclusions.

Take off the blinders, your tunnel vision is skewing your perception of reality. Look, there are bad apples both in trades and production alike, people who take advantage. But just because you witness someone idle as you walk by does not mean that is how they spend their entire day. I see production people doing this all the time, but I know better.

Until you have walked a mile in a mans boots, it is unfair to judge him. You are also doing an injustice to Fords already tarnished public view.

First, read what OACville just wrote.

Then, I would like to know how important YOUR job is when you have time to assess that most trades drink coffee and play cards all day. If this is a fair observation by you, then you surely must of had time to be there all day to form this opinion.

Also, you must of followed the carts at the same time to determine that they also do nothing. Hmmm.... seems like you have a lot of extra free time on your hands to come up with these conclusions.

Take off the blinders, your tunnel vision is skewing your perception of reality. Look, there are bad apples both in trades and production alike, people who take advantage. But just because you witness someone idle as you walk by does not mean that is how they spend their entire day. I see production people doing this all the time, but I know better.

Until you have walked a mile in a mans boots, it is unfair to judge him. You are also doing an injustice to Fords already tarnished public view.

Well said.

This guy is yet another reason why were in the shit were in, these glass house cheerleaders as I said before all they wanna do is come in here and bash on people telling it like it is.. I'm no cry baby man and if you don't like what I write then get the fuck out and go to another forum.

People keeping their heads down are the ones wearing their pride (UAW pride that is) on their backside instead of on their shoulders where it belongs. You people that work every day and let people walk all over you is why we have no UNION. Keep doing what your doing and see where you end up!. Like I said before I am not anti union but this crap has to stop. We are getting walked on. And you say "time to move on get over it"... GET OVER IT????? are you going to go down without a fight? are you going to put your tail between your legs and walk away and quit? if you wanna be a quitter then fine, but many of the other people that come in here and express the way they feel about what the company and uaw has done to us just won't put up with it. I don't care if I post 10 posts, or 50,000 posts, so what if I'm new to the forum, you gonna bash me because I'm new? your so ignorant it's not funny!.

Go home every night to your little wife and kid and pretend everything's fine. YOU know it's not so stand up for what you believe in for once in your pathetic life.

This ignoramus a few weeks ago asked me in the break room why I keep going head to head with the supervisor? I asked him who the hell was he? and what the hell he was talking about, he shook so damn bad I thought he was going shit his pants. Point is, if you got the balls to stand up to someone and tell it like it is, don't shake like a pussy and get your point across. This guy had none and I put'em in his place. Also told him if he didn't shut his mouth he would be going on a "no tolerance bye bye trip".

You people start standing up for yourselves or keep letting them walk on you in these plants and by the UAW and you will see where you will be at in 5 years. Working in some gas station pumping 2.95 gas and getting blown by your buddy behind the midnight shift counter. Wake and smell what you shovel son!.

I'm there for a paycheck not for schoolyard play.

Again tell'n like it is.

You are nothing but a loud mouth blowhard, you shoot your mouth off like your some kind of a bad ass and everyone should shake in their boots at the sight of you, prime example you tell some guy if he didn't shut his mouth he would be going on a "no tolerance bye bye trip".

you talk about going head to head with your supervisor but in the end your the guy that takes on the extra work so they can eliminate jobs, I see your type everyday, in the 17+ years Ive been with Ford I have never taken on any extra work on the jobs I have been on, and I don't yell, scream, or cry nor do I run to medical, I fight my own fight I just look them in the eye smile and break it off in their ass.

I am a firm believer in the contract thats why we have one and the right to grievance's and I write plenty as do my coworkers around me I don't care if a supervisor puts a missing clip on or picks up a empty box I will wright them up it is not their job they know it, they know their job is being overpaid time keepers.

As far as a pathetic life, my life is good I'm not over extended like some folks that live paycheck to paycheck, and I'm not saying I'm happy about losing my lump sum or Christmas bonus but it's not going to put me in the poor house, but like I said before you can't control how people vote all you can do is give them the facts and they will vote the way they fell is best for them what's so hard to understand about that, it's over, done, move on, and like Vito said run for something if you want to change how things are being run, make your life and your fight worth while instead of having a pathetic life mad at the world because they don't agree with you, as far as a following that starts with your coworkers if they have faith in you and believe in your cause they will vote for you, but if you come off like you you do on here calling people pussies and tell them they have a pole smoker attitude and pea brain mindset you will go nowhere.

Run for what???? believe me I would if I knew I had a shot but lets face it and remember who runs the show all over the UAW. It's honestly a waste of time and energy, I'd rather spend my time with someone I love or do things in my life that I want to do. It takes years to establish a following and even more years to practice your gab, sorry I don't have my gab down.. Personally I don't think it's about gab or jaw chatter, I think it's about the membership and getting things done. There isn't a shit chance in hell I could ever move to the top of these idiots and "re-tool" the UAW so to speak. Because that is what we need re-tooling.

You talk about intelligence. LMAO!!! :hysterical: This is your argument for not running for a position. Hey it is only your job, and that is how you provide for your loved ones. Guess I am all fucked up. Also you are the one who puts it out their like you are some kind of tough guy, not me. I also call as I see em. So either get a clue or STFU! How is that for freedom of speech.....

Edited by Vito

You talk about intelligence. LMAO!!! :hysterical: This is your argument for not running for a position. Hey it is only your job, and that is how you provide for your loved ones. Guess I am all fucked up. Also you are the one who puts it out their like you are some kind of tough guy, not me. I also call as I see em. So either get a clue or STFU! How is that for freedom of speech.....

I must say I have to agree with this and 4rd4life's post. Your an idiot. All talk no gusto!!! "run for what"..................waaaaaaaa. I dont have a following. LMAO!!! :hysterical:

+++++++++++++++++++=BULLSHIT SNIPPED++++++++++++++

Again tell'n like it is.

Nobody asked you to do fuck all.......you mind your own business, the rest of us grownups will deal with the realities of life as autoworkers.

+++++++++++++++++++=BULLSHIT SNIPPED++++++++++++++

Again tell'n like it is.

Nobody asked you to do fuck all.......you mind your own business, the rest of us grownups will deal with the realities of life as autoworkers.

Please learn the ability to type in a complete sentence. Your killing me already.. I'm almost embarrassed to be in a forum with you exchanging words on a page. There is a school down your street and around the corner, go attend it (it's called 5th grade).

:hysterical:

Edited by chuckie

I say if Ford wants to save money make these people stay on their lines and take away all these damn motorized vehicles that people use (and do nothing with).

This sentence shows your true lack of understanding and explains why you could never be a tradesman due to your lack of troubleshooting and deductive reasoning.

If Ford was to put a Tradesman at the end of every line on every production shift. How many Tradesman would you think ford would need to employ. Would it not be prudent to have fewer tradesman in an area but have a means to get to the hot spots faster?

For this very reason the first test they give you before becoming a tradesman is a mechanical aptitude test. You just failed yours.

If your job is spread out all over the complex, how is it more efficient to pay people $30+ an hour plus benefits to spend most of the time walking. They would have to triple up on workers. I worked at Stelco in 1981 when I was laid off from Ford. They would give me a sheet of paper and tell me to deliver it to an office in another mill over a mile away, walking. That is what I call inefficiency. The steel industry scars and pollutes a city, so it is expected to provide many good paying jobs. Many of them are meaningless. The auto industry is a different story. It is run with high efficiency and a minimum workforce.

I'm sure the first poster probaly knows how to get a handicap parking pass too. We should all be so proud of his smarts, sounds like a real class act. Also, I'm sure his attitude will really sway a lot of Toyota buyers to look at Ford.

Well said. Taking it isn't a problem it's the passing it part that makes it a little tough!

You know, I have been on ST for 11 years and have never made over $70,000. I know people working production that made more per year than me!

every time i took the test they had more than enough people to pass it, will there every be another test?

as for you not making $70,000, sounds like no overtime for you, or shift premium, just working enough hours to get by, maybe a little more effort, or less and you can get a restriction!

every time i took the test they had more than enough people to pass it, will there every be another test?

as for you not making $70,000, sounds like no overtime for you, or shift premium, just working enough hours to get by, maybe a little more effort, or less and you can get a restriction!

Taking the test now is like closing the gate after the cows have left. The time to show initiative and foresight was when you were coming out of high school. That's if your heart is really in a trade.

Applying for one now because it looks like a better job is just you trying to find the path of least resistance. In other words, there will be a lot of competition for a few spots. Trades work is not easy. You are there and that's it. The buck stops there.. You cant just pick up the phone and have the problem taken care of. You have to take care of it. You cant pass the responsibility to others. You have to make decisions that could cost people lives. Those decisions could be made everyday. Its a bit different then not putting on a car part or putting it on wrong. A mistake by a trade and somebody could get seriously hurt or killed. its things like that you don't notice when you see a tradesman driving around on a buggy.

Edited by OACville

Taking the test now is like closing the gate after the cows have left. The time to show initiative and foresight was when you were coming out of high school. That's if your heart is really in a trade.

Applying for one now because it looks like a better job is just you trying to find the path of least resistance. In other words, there will be a lot of competition for a few spots. Trades work is not easy. You are there and that's it. The buck stops there.. You cant just pick up the phone and have the problem taken care of. You have to take care of it. You cant pass the responsibility to others. You have to make decisions that could cost people lives. Those decisions could be made everyday. Its a bit different then not putting on a car part or putting it on wrong. A mistake by a trade and somebody could get seriously hurt or killed. its things like that you don't notice when you see a tradesman driving around on a buggy.

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST, thanks for being there.

Hows the foot?

Hows the foot?

Not Good. Cant put a shoe on. :( and I think you missed the point I was trying to make, I guess I could have worded it differently but I think I took a few too many green little morphine based pills today.

Edited by OACville

How sad a skilled trades person losing 10k a year,how about all the years skilled trades made 6 figures by working weekends to play cards.....

Those r lazy one i am sure u have those guys that always carry clipboard and no soritority in producdtion ,the locals suck ass.how many of u stick your hands 440 volt panel and jam in relay to keep the line or lost a finger or too ,maybe limb and we r like fireman we put are life on the line ,just like a fireman i am sure they play cards waiting for that next fire ,I had friends died in skilled trade how many of u would died to keep the line running so we can make that quota for the dayU want to look at my legs and hand and see all the cuts and bruises i have alll over my body from rushing to keep the line moving.We should be after iuaw for giving all that stuff away without a fight .Read aig bonuses and see who got fuck with these bailout from the goverment.We had to give our cola ,bonus and other rule changes and aig get 450 million in bonus and they cause the mess that goverment had to give them billions of dolllars way more that big 3Ron where r u i want to see u on tv put these people doen like did u when u flew those jets to ask for that bailout banks,so fuck the middleglass Ron of iuaw get your dbed and let ford sleep alonedd ,a piaa off middleclass worker.