THE UAW WAS FOOLED AGAIN!!!

udontkno

I dont think a petition is going to be effective in this situation. What we really need is the ability to fire all of the international reps and replace them with members that will try for the membership. This is the problem we do not have the ability to remove the international reps. Therefore who are they accountable too? Unless these guys break the law and go to prision they basically have lifetime jobs. Its time for a new labor movement and if the UAW wants to be a part of it they are going to have to be accountable!

Whoa there! First off, the UAW leadership can't be lumped together. There are some good leaders and some crappy ones, just like you will find in any organization.

While I think that we need to streamline the UAW, I don't think we need to see the current people all 'fired'.

Whoa there! First off, the UAW leadership can't be lumped together. There are some good leaders and some crappy ones, just like you will find in any organization.

While I think that we need to streamline the UAW, I don't think we need to see the current people all 'fired'.

Thats like saying only parts of NAFTA are bad. As far as I am concerned there are so many bad IUAW reps that it would be better to get rid of all of them and start from fresh with the membership having the vote.

Kinda missing on a key word here aren't we and that is "BUY". We could have bought stock at the same price and made 10% ourselves. It wasn't like he was "GIVEN" 5 million shares. All of us would like to be in his position and make the big money but I'm just happy that I still have a job paying what it does. Where else you gonna find one like it? Besides I thought it was great when he stood up there and told them he didn't need there money just a line of credit. He saw this stuff coming and prepared for it. I believe when the dust settles there will be a new #1 and that will be us.

I really hope you are right!!!!! But, it is extreamly difficult to be optamistic through all this shit.

Next contract that will be broken we should demand all money up front-15,000$ signing bonus-cash! FUC_ the uaw

im not gonna say fuck the uaw but i will say that i hope we learn a lesson from this. i would like to see a breakdown of the wages that were given up in order to get the job bank and a breakdown of the money that was paid out to workers in the job bank,jsp whatever you wanna call it. my gut feeling is that ford turned a profit on the deal and then we gave it back when we really needed it. we got so much bad press over it we really had no choice. i voted no. i have yet to ever vote yes on a contract, but what were we gonna do? strike? yeah right. i just hope the iuaw takes a lesson and negotiates for wages. enough of these promises in lieu of raises when those promises are so easily broken.