What is up with Saline?

diecaster

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke with a friend from AAI who is going to Saline this Monday.... He said approx 33 are going from AAI and the other 17 from other facilities.

ok that makes sense i know aai has high seniority people but i knew all 50 werent from there becauce im from ddmp and im going also.

Everything is quiet. It seems like they were in a big hurry to place all of us and then for 3 weeks nothing. Has anyone heard anything?

Good luck I signed a posting to go to Dearborn Engine back in November and was told call back next month to see if we need you. Things are running slow in the company right now.

first 50 from overall list by seniority is that what you mean? not just first 50 from aai i dont believe

raws being held up by joelly''{PLANT CHAIR},,,you see ,,if those people have their dues credited to saline,,joelly is screwed,right now ,we have only about 450 actively working ,250 on long term tlo, 400 {before the jsp move } in gen at plant,,so when joelly reports his numbers downtown he looks good,,but thats all it is.. a number,,if those people are counted as saline when they go there,,,joelly is facing amalgamation ,,he sits on a hollow throne right now,its all a shell game to keep his 200,000 dollar a year income!!! ,the f..ing of many ,,for the gain of ONE

Edited by chriper

Everything is quiet. It seems like they were in a big hurry to place all of us and then for 3 weeks nothing. Has anyone heard anything?

I called a number posted by another member for region1A (313) 291-2750. They told me i would be reporting on or around march 28,2009. I have 1995 senority.

raws being held up by joelly''{PLANT CHAIR},,,you see ,,if those people have their dues credited to saline,,joelly is screwed,right now ,we have only about 450 actively working ,250 on long term tlo, 400 {before the jsp move } in gen at plant,,so when joelly reports his numbers downtown he looks good,,but thats all it is.. a number,,if those people are counted as saline when they go there,,,joelly is facing amalgamation ,,he sits on a hollow throne right now,its all a shell game to keep his 200,000 dollar a year income!!! ,the f..ing of many ,,for the gain of ONE

Seriously man, I've not commented on this topic before but geez, do you have to inject a joel-bashing post into every thread no matter whether it's relevant or not? We know you hate the guy...it's painfully obvious to everyone here. Can you please give it a rest? You even have your own thread for this. Why not just bump it up to the top when you want to complain about him?

Welcome one and all...I hear that the dues are coming to Saline. Be ready to get hit with campaigning, we have an election coming up this May and the game is on.

:reading: Was told by a DTP Cycle Checker that he passed by the Saline Plant last week and there is no Ford Oval anywhere on the property. Can you verify if that's true. If so, I'm concerned that a few of my friends who want to return there will not be working for Ford very long. We have been hearing that once everybody is settled in to there various plants, DTP will lose the C Crew and 2010 Saline will close and my friends will not have the option of returning to the DTP, since there won't be any jobs available. I really don't want them to leave DTP, but they live closer to that plant.

:reading: Was told by a DTP Cycle Checker that he passed by the Saline Plant last week and there is no Ford Oval anywhere on the property. Can you verify if that's true. If so, I'm concerned that a few of my friends who want to return there will not be working for Ford very long. We have been hearing that once everybody is settled in to there various plants, DTP will lose the C Crew and 2010 Saline will close and my friends will not have the option of returning to the DTP, since there won't be any jobs available. I really don't want them to leave DTP, but they live closer to that plant.

If saline were to close your friends would bump low seniority at DTP assuming they arent low seniority. chances are slim to none that saline closes next year if ever.

I know that it has happened before, but Ford has just invested over 160 million in the Saline plant and still investing. We have new jobs coming in all the time. I an hearing they are talking about expanding the plant to make room for more jobs that are scheduled to come. I don't see the plant closing in 2010. And with us being so close to the assembly plants, it would not make sense. Besides, I hear that some of the new processes they are installing would be more expensive to move than they are to buy new. I also have been told that we have work through 2014, so the earliest it would close would be then. They may sell the plant, but in this economical climate, that is doubtful. Our computer systems are in the process of going back to Ford, we are on the Visteon system now. It could happen, I just don't see it happening that soon.

I know that it has happened before, but Ford has just invested over 160 million in the Saline plant and still investing. We have new jobs coming in all the time. I an hearing they are talking about expanding the plant to make room for more jobs that are scheduled to come. I don't see the plant closing in 2010. And with us being so close to the assembly plants, it would not make sense. Besides, I hear that some of the new processes they are installing would be more expensive to move than they are to buy new. I also have been told that we have work through 2014, so the earliest it would close would be then. They may sell the plant, but in this economical climate, that is doubtful. Our computer systems are in the process of going back to Ford, we are on the Visteon system now. It could happen, I just don't see it happening that soon.

Just imagine if the auto industry turns the corner, with all the people furloughed, these companies that are left will be money making monsters. Unlikely we will see any of the benefits, besides if your one of the lucky one's left working with a paycheck.

I would bet ford is going to make saline a mega supplier for the company. Although they may never disclose this publicly, i think ford will keep this facility for itself for the time being. If the economy improves enough, saline will stay with ford as a subsidary. Although this is my opinion, if the economy improves the UAW would probably pressure the company to keep some of the plants that have not been closed. If the economy continues to sour, all bet's are off!!!!! We will all be at the soup kitchen together.

:happy feet: OK . . . Sounds as if you have a better handle on the Saline Plant than my friends who came from there . . . Perhaps they have been out of touch, being that working at the DTP has kept them busy . . .

Thanks for the feedback and I'll pass along the info to them!

:happy feet: OK . . . Sounds as if you have a better handle on the Saline Plant than my friends who came from there . . . Perhaps they have been out of touch, being that working at the DTP has kept them busy . . .

Thanks for the feedback and I'll pass along the info to them!

He/she works there, From his/her posts.

Yes, I proudly work at the Saline plant and am very happy to see Ford brothers and sisters returning. What I do hear may or may not be just gossip. The information about work in our plant until 2014 and going back to the Ford computer system has come from salaried. And like it has been said, if the economy does not turn around, we will all be out on the street.

A friend of mine sent me an interesting web site, take a look, I think you will all enjoy it...

www.bornagainamerican.org