Don't call it a comeback

Stugots

Its been in news reports recently that "americanism" is making a comeback. There was a time not so long ago where there were no shiny foriegn cars in michigan. They all had dents, scratches, busted headlights. You bought foriegn in metro detroit, you could expect it. Well for years good times and complacent attitudes have made many people turn the other cheek to these turds on wheels. Not anymore. Its starting again here in michigan and states of the like. I'm not saying go out and cause property damage. What I'm saying is do your part to spread the word that if you have a foriegn car you may wanna be careful where u park it. Let's get this ball rolling. Perception IS reality. And if it is percieved that those cars are targets then it might help our sales here.

In my opinion this strategy will have little effect, but will make american based automakers and their workers look ignorant. Ford seems to be on the right path by making the best pickup trucks and just released the best tested hybrids. Strong arming someone to purchase american 3 cars by threats of damage,or violence, will only harden the stance of them fence sitters who have no brand loyalities. The only foreign auto buyers i get angry with are the elderly whos fathers, mothers, husbands or wives probably had a hand ,back in the day defeating the tyrants from the far east and europe. Seems like to win the battle of perception, it must be done in the media and Ford is doing their part by backing up words with product.

Its been in news reports recently that "americanism" is making a comeback. There was a time not so long ago where there were no shiny foriegn cars in michigan. They all had dents, scratches, busted headlights. You bought foriegn in metro detroit, you could expect it. Well for years good times and complacent attitudes have made many people turn the other cheek to these turds on wheels. Not anymore. Its starting again here in michigan and states of the like. I'm not saying go out and cause property damage. What I'm saying is do your part to spread the word that if you have a foriegn car you may wanna be careful where u park it. Let's get this ball rolling. Perception IS reality. And if it is percieved that those cars are targets then it might help our sales here.

How old are you?

In my opinion this strategy will have little effect, but will make american based automakers and their workers look ignorant. Ford seems to be on the right path by making the best pickup trucks and just released the best tested hybrids. Strong arming someone to purchase american 3 cars by threats of damage,or violence, will only harden the stance of them fence sitters who have no brand loyalities. The only foreign auto buyers i get angry with are the elderly whos fathers, mothers, husbands or wives probably had a hand ,back in the day defeating the tyrants from the far east and europe. Seems like to win the battle of perception, it must be done in the media and Ford is doing their part by backing up words with product.
Do you live in a cave ? The company and the union have missed countless opportunities to cease the moment but they are to busy doing LAP DANCES instead of CHANGING their stadegy from passive to DESTROY the competition that means attacking it head on . We are the best and we should be saying nothing else .

Do you live in a cave ? The company and the union have missed countless opportunities to cease the moment but they are to busy doing LAP DANCES instead of CHANGING their stadegy from passive to DESTROY the competition that means attacking it head on . We are the best and we should be saying nothing else .

The same cave you live in hot shot. Only recently did the cars produced by Ford become world class. How can Ford or any Detroit automaker "destroy" the competition ,when trade policies hinder them? How long has Ford had equal or better quality than the Asian autos? decades? no just very recently. Take the Blue oval blinders off and see what the reat of the world sees. The days of 30 percent market share for Ford are long gone and sub standard cars will not sell. Changing their STRATEGY to building the best in class cars will offer a better chance of survival than your lame rah rah destroy the competition banter.

Lets not turn on each other now brothers. That would be counter productive. Ford should be advertising OUR top notch quality and the government should be making policies that support American automakers. The union should also be campaigning our high quality products built by American workers for American intrests. There are so many issues on so many levels that the big 3, the union, and the government could colaberate on for the good of the people and business, but for now we only have the power of positive speaking from "ourselves" the workers who shoulder the burden on a day to day basis anyway. We are the most productive work force in America, lets stay that way.

Boy if thats the way you feel about foreign prouducts you better give up watching TV,listening to radio,quit using your cell phone and quit posting on this site since your computer is not U S made.Also you probably need to quit wearing shoes and get used to being a nudist since most of our footwear and clothing is foreign made.Don't blame the competition for building quality .I've been a ford auto worker long enough to know the truth .Ford talked quality but when it was a choice of shipping vehicles Quantity counted more.Ship the numbers out the door to meet your prouduction .Americans want the best value for their money no matter who builds it.Management put us in this hole with their quantity over quality mindset.Now it may be too late to really put Quality first.It will be a lot harder to do do with half price 14 dollar an hour workers with minimum bernifits,but at least they will pay union dues.

Edited by skeptic