Obama Outlines Gun Ban Agenda

Copied from another forum...

Obama Outlines Gun Ban Agenda

Guns and ammunition are being bought up nationwide, as millions surge to stock up on high-capacity magazine, rifles, and other second-amendment related items, before they are outlawed.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/

The new regime wants to outlaw gun shows, make all guns have to be “childproof”, and revive the expired Federal “Assault Weapons” ban, and then make it permanent. Imagine a criminal assaulting your family, and you having to ask them to please stop and wait long enough for you to unlock your legally-mandated trigger guard.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the trigger guards thing. Some of us don't have children running around, and make sure our stuff is accessible, but secure.

The assault rifle ban should be in place, and permanent. As I have said before, there is no reason for anyone to own one. If someone needs a semi-automatic with a 29-round magazine to hunt deer, he should stay home and play Nintendo.

My experience at the range is that most people that bring those things in, a.) do it for show, and b.) can't shoot worth a damn anyway.

Edited by the_spaniard

I don't know about the trigger guards thing. Some of us don't have children running around, and make sure our stuff is accessible, but secure.

The assault rifle ban should be in place, and permanent. As I have said before, there is no reason for anyone to own one. If someone needs a semi-automatic with a 29-round magazine to hunt deer, he should stay home and play Nintendo.

My experience at the range is that most people that bring those things in, a.) do it for show, and b.) can't shoot worth a damn anyway.

If you are a bad shot, you need an automatic. They have been legal so far, and no serious consequences. Why not look for laws to eliminate instead of looking for new laws? Laws take away freedom.

And another gun grabbing liberal speaks his opinion without any facts to back up this garbage.

These Liberals never learn, Would these jackasses care to take a look at places with strict gun laws and the corresponding crime rate for that area? Or maybe they would like to look back at 1994 when they got their asses handed to them with their silly gun bills?

In the words of Charlton Heston "From my cold dead Hands"

880-from-my-cold-dead-hands.jpg

Edited by 94bronco

I wish that so much time and energy wouldn't be wasted on this issue. Every study I've seen on this fails to find any measurable correlation between gun control and violence. This, Capital Punishment and the deficit seem to get way to much time and attention considering their practical effects. Of course therer are passionate ideological reasons to feels one way or another on either of those subjects, but at least one side is always over emphasizing the magnitude of their practical effects.

Edited by V8 Ford

And another gun grabbing liberal speaks his opinion without any facts to back up this garbage.

What exactly do I need to back up? Everything I stated was my opinion. :hysterical: I even stated "in my experience...." When I quote actual statistics from my range or ranges in my state, I'll be sure to post it so the more anal retentive conservatives can read it, then attack the source. You guys are good at that.

And another conservative dinosaur thinks I am a gun-grabbing liberal. Or liberal, period. Are you an NRA member? I hope not, that organization is ridiculous. Hey, that's opinion, too. Or should I provide sources?

Boy some of you conservatives really have your panties in a bunch over the Obama win, huh? All I did was express my opinion, like anyone else here. Instantly, my opinion is garbage because it doesn't match yours. That's what I love about some conservatives, no voice is louder and more intolerant. You just can't beat that level of chest-beating. Some people here just aren't happy unless they are trying to tear someone else down. Like I said before, you can't PAY for that level of insecurity, but it is entertaining to witness. :lol:

Guess what, I'm no liberal and I still hate the NRA and assault rifles. GASP! Hilarious.

Trim - I don't see many true automatics at my range, I would guess given the price of those weapons. Then again, we don't have many of the Montana-militia types either. Mostly a mix of bolt-action shooters with the occasional SA AR/AK/SKS-variant that has to flag through a few clips to warm up. I'm lucky, most seem to be good folks that will actually let you shoot their stuff on occasion.

EDIT> Isn't Heston dead by now? I guess it's safe to get that rifle. Surely Moses wouldn't mind? :stirpot:

Edited by the_spaniard

Trim - I don't see many true automatics at my range, I would guess given the price of those weapons. Then again, we don't have many of the Montana-militia types either. Mostly a mix of bolt-action shooters with the occasional SA AR/AK/SKS-variant that has to flag through a few clips to warm up. I'm lucky, most seem to be good folks that will actually let you shoot their stuff on occasion.

EDIT> Isn't Heston dead by now?

Why don't you buy your own?

"Why don't you buy your own?"

I do have my own. A Mossberg 500 (perfect home defense weapon, and all anyone really needs), and old Iver Johnson break-open, a brand new Marlin .30-.30, and I am eyeballing a buddy of mine's 1851 Colt Navy he is selling. I had a Remington 700 and a 92FS Beretta for years before I got rid of them. Sometimes when you go to a range, people are nice enough to let you shoot their stuff, and you let them shoot yours. Just a few rounds or a mag. You've never done that? I bought my Marlin based on such an experience.

I don't have anything against semi-autos with a low-capacity magazine. It's the 29-round banana, and 100-round drums that are a little much. And those are usually attached to the wanna-be Yugo and Romanian SKS stuff floating around. Again, in my experience, those shooters care more about burning through a brick of ammo than they do about accuracy. (Then again, if they did, they wouldn't buy a $250 used SKS to begin with.)

Full autos? No private citizen should have one, legally or illegally, there isn't a point to it. Law enforcement use only.

always questioned the need for a handgun or weapon...I mean ...WHY? unless one feels threatened or lives in a "bad" area or theres a ravid grizzly, what really IS the need?

Well I was raised on shooting as a recreational past time. I believe people should have the right to bear certain firearms if they do so responsibly. It's great fun, when done the right way. That said if they outlawed all firearms, I would be upset. Full-auto assault weapons and hi-capacity magazines? Sign me up. Twice.

EDIT> In response to your question, no one would need a firearm, per say. But it is a freedom. Somehow I don't think in 1971 the powers that be thought about a regular citizen owning a weapon capable of throwing lead at 600-800 rounds a minute. I, and the majority of gun owners, don't care for the NRA. There are something like 90 million adult gun owners in this country, and the NRA doesn't even have 4 million in their membership. Why dislike them? Because they are an extremely powerful lobbying group that doesn't give an inch on anything, and the thinking is positively Jurassic.

Edited by the_spaniard

Well I was raised on shooting as a recreational past time. I believe people should have the right to bear certain firearms if they do so responsibly. It's great fun, when done the right way. That said if they outlawed all firearms, I would be upset. Full-auto assault weapons and hi-capacity magazines? Sign me up. Twice.

I enjoyed handling an SLR when in the New Zealand Army, but to feel the need of housing a personal firearm has never appealed to me let alone entered my minf, and scares me half of the morons I know that do. So, I make do with a dog and a few golf clubs lying around...then again i live in a pretty good area so my scenario may be somewhat different to those that feel the need. Makes no difference to me, I just wish they would screen more intensly before handing someone with the mentality of a psycho something with the ability to initiate a eulogy...guns aren't really the problem...its the owners

if they outlawed all firearms,

They would instantly create a lot of criminals.

I remember when in (I think) the late 70s Sunnyvale Ca. tried to pass proposition "O"? to ban firearms within the city limits. Lots of people showed up for the meeting and were allowed 2 minutes each to explain their outlook on the bill. Best speaker we had simply turned away from the council and faced the audience. All he asked was how many of you own guns, guessing 90% raised their hands. Then he asked how many of you gun owners are going to turn them in, not one hand raised. He then faced the council and said thank you for your time. The law did not pass.

If they outlaw guns outlaws will still get them through the black market. To outlaw a gun like the AR15 because it "looks" like an "assult" weapon is in my opinion a waste of time, to many others like it with a "wood" stock that are basicaly the same weapon but not "scary" looking. My father hunted. I've hunted, I've taken my children shooting.

Safety is always the very first and most important thing taught.

"Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. "

I don't see anywhere in this amendment where it says anything about a certain type of "ARMS" is acceptable to bear. If you read the Federalist Paper regarding this matter you would see that one of the reasons (not the only one) for this amendment was to give the public their own protection against their government. So therefor the Constitution gives us the "RIGHT" to own these weapons that you say there is no reason for anyone to own!!!!!!!!!!!

They would instantly create a lot of criminals.

I remember when in (I think) the late 70s Sunnyvale Ca. tried to pass proposition "O"? to ban firearms within the city limits. Lots of people showed up for the meeting and were allowed 2 minutes each to explain their outlook on the bill. Best speaker we had simply turned away from the council and faced the audience. All he asked was how many of you own guns, guessing 90% raised their hands. Then he asked how many of you gun owners are going to turn them in, not one hand raised. He then faced the council and said thank you for your time. The law did not pass.

If they outlaw guns outlaws will still get them through the black market. To outlaw a gun like the AR15 because it "looks" like an "assult" weapon is in my opinion a waste of time, to many others like it with a "wood" stock that are basicaly the same weapon but not "scary" looking. My father hunted. I've hunted, I've taken my children shooting.

Safety is always the very first and most important thing taught.

This I agree with. This you tube video breaks down the difference. What some people have to realize is the Kalishnikov design is the most copied and successful in firearms history.

"Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. "

I don't see anywhere in this amendment where it says anything about a certain type of "ARMS" is acceptable to bear. If you read the Federalist Paper regarding this matter you would see that one of the reasons (not the only one) for this amendment was to give the public their own protection against their government. So therefor the Constitution gives us the "RIGHT" to own these weapons that you say there is no reason for anyone to own!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, and drafted in what, 1871? Take a look outside your window. Times, and firearms have changed since then.

And realistically, if our government wanted to take over using our military against private citizens, it would probably be pretty easy. Some words for you: technology, intelligence, infrastructure, superior firepower. This isn't Red Dawn. Want to run and hide in the Hills? Sure. Those Predator drones Grumman develops could find you in a 300-mile radius in 30 seconds. New technology being developed will cut that to under 15 seconds.

Lastly, most Americans aren't people who havn't grown up in domestic military conflict. They know little of combat tactics, etc.

Sad? Definitely. Scary? You bet. But stop kidding yourselves, it's where we are. Your tax dollars at work.

Edited by the_spaniard

Owning an assault rifle is like owning an exotic car. They're fast, not very many people have them, they are exciting to show off, and they are a blast to handle. Sure they can kill you alot better than a regular one, but in the hands of a skilled user they are perfectly safe and very fun. So according to your logic, exotic sports cars can now only be purchased by professional drivers because nobody else has the right to own such a dangerous and thrilling machine.

I think not, just because assault rifles are better at killing things than a regular rifle there isn't any reason whatsoever to keep people from owning them. The process of purchasing a gun is enough to keep guns out of the hands of loons and if you don't agree I don't care, my fellow employees and I had to go through hours upon hours of training just to be able to be certified to handle the paperwork a buyer must fill-out before purchasing a gun. It is quite thorough. Taking away assault rifles would only be the beginning, next we would have to license our guns, then have to apply to purchase ammo, then when they do finally take away our guns they know exactly where to go and who to go to because they know who has the guns.

Personally I don't own assault rifles, but I sure do believe people should have the right to buy one if they want one.

Owning an assault rifle is like owning an exotic car. They're fast, not very many people have them, they are exciting to show off, and they are a blast to handle. Sure they can kill you alot better than a regular one, but in the hands of a skilled user they are perfectly safe and very fun. So according to your logic, exotic sports cars can now only be purchased by professional drivers because nobody else has the right to own such a dangerous and thrilling machine.

I think not, just because assault rifles are better at killing things than a regular rifle there isn't any reason whatsoever to keep people from owning them. The process of purchasing a gun is enough to keep guns out of the hands of loons and if you don't agree I don't care, my fellow employees and I had to go through hours upon hours of training just to be able to be certified to handle the paperwork a buyer must fill-out before purchasing a gun. It is quite thorough. Taking away assault rifles would only be the beginning, next we would have to license our guns, then have to apply to purchase ammo, then when they do finally take away our guns they know exactly where to go and who to go to because they know who has the guns.

Personally I don't own assault rifles, but I sure do believe people should have the right to buy one if they want one.

The specific purpose of an exotic car, is not to kill someone efficiently.