Sold out ????

Ckr01

If Gettfinger accept's this with out a fight, I regret to say that our way of life is going to be gone soon. This just make's the average worker that much more determine to vote the UAW out. If we have to live in post 20th century slavery then we do not need to pay the union any money for they are not protecting us anymore.

:banghead: I told you! Obama's on board with this? I thought he was our only choice that would protect us? If and I say if this stands then the mantra i have been screaming has come to pass...They ALL screw us! Stop following party , start following those who have the most to lose if we lose. we were told that was obama , guess not huh? He's better than repubs but not by much. They will try and slam down our throats all kinds of shit now and if we dont agree , bankruptcy! :censored: WE ARE FUCKED!

The headlines read "The UAW accepts government ban on strikes". Does anyone know if this has happened yet? If it has, that means it has only happened for GM, not Ford. Don't forget that if the UAW and Ford renegotiate our contract we still have to vote on it. If the UAW accepted the "no strike" clause GM workers still have to vote on it. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that this is just talk though.

Never the less this was all because of a hissy fit that the republicans threw because they hate the middle class. Look at their voting records. Almost every republican is pro-business and anti-workers rights. Not to mention anti-public health, anti-public education, pro-free trade, but yet against assistance for displaced workers due to globalization. If you look closely t voting records you will find republicans saying dumb shit like "its ok for illegal immigrants to come into our country to do things like farm work". Then you see crap on the news like this morning Eric Cantor a republican rep from Virginia, saying that "the immigrants that come here from Mexico are the best of the best and we have enough jobs for them too".

ERIC CANTOR YOU SHOULD BE HUNG UPSIDE DOWN AND FED EX-LAX!!!!

What are they thinking??? I just called Gettelfingers office and told them they are making big mistakes and they have no clue! :finger:

Here is the # if anyone else wants to complain!

UAW

Solidarity House

8000 East Jefferson Avenue

Detroit, Michigan 48214

or call us at: (313) 926-5000

People look at the source of the article, they don't have a clue, the UAW has not agreed to anything yet. The UAW has already stated that they were going to ask Obama to change the conditions on labor in the loan agreement, that GM and Chrysler agreed to, not the UAW! :redcard:

What are they thinking??? I just called Gettelfingers office and told them they are making big mistakes and they have no clue! :finger:

Here is the # if anyone else wants to complain!

UAW

Solidarity House

8000 East Jefferson Avenue

Detroit, Michigan 48214

or call us at: (313) 926-5000

Thanks for the info. I just called and talked to three people and none of them knew anything.

People look at the source of the article, they don't have a clue, the UAW has not agreed to anything yet. The UAW has already stated that they were going to ask Obama to change the conditions on labor in the loan agreement, that GM and Chrysler agreed to, not the UAW! :redcard:

You are right about the source but it is easy to get worked up about this because this could easily happen. I worked at a company once and the union I was in could not strike so every contract we lost something or at most gained nothing. Once that right is given up it is next to impossible to get it back. In the meantime we spiral downward.

Corker was right about having the givebacks first.

what dont u dummies understand about NO Loan =NO GM/Ford/Chrysler/and UAW?

GM/Chrysler get no loan then they go under and ford goes too.

Then u wont have to worry about striking anymore cause a fed judge will make our cuts :finger:

Wake up and join the real world

Call me a fool but what is the difference in what we have been doing? The last few contracts have went beyond the expiration date yet we still worked as if an agreement had been made. Not being able to strike does not stop our right to approve changes. The Gov. has played this card with railroads,postal workers yadayadayada. Do not vote in fear, vote in what is best! Yes if Ford goes so do we but understanding that we can still navigate our future is something that everyone must remember. Oh well enough of my rant!! :banghead:

If Gettfinger accept's this with out a fight, I regret to say that our way of life is going to be gone soon. This just make's the average worker that much more determine to vote the UAW out. If we have to live in post 20th century slavery then we do not need to pay the union any money for they are not protecting us anymore.

What in the hell would make you or anyone else think that Gettlefinger would be willing to do this without a fight? That makes no sense at all!

Comparing this to slavery is a huge exaggeration don't you think?

Here's an idea, instead of GUESSING what is going to happen, why not wait to see what is proposed. The last thing we need to be doing is fear mongering.

As far as "making the average worker that much more determined to vote the U.A.W. out", why go through that? if you feel the U.A.W. is not worth the dues you pay, leave. I could respect that. What I can't respect is someone reaping the benefits that the U.A.W. has given them (even if we have to concede some things) while mother fucking the institution that got them for you.. None of us are involved in the discussions. How in the hell can any of us say what Ron should have done if we weren't there. Talk about your Monday morning quaterbacks. Wait to see what is asked of us before you start the mother fucking and fear mongering.

Hell i have been divorced, fired, broke and out of job all at the same time. I started over with nothing and survived I can do it again. What about the rest of you, are you willing to take that chance?

Sounds like a Country Song! Have you test driven the all new Ford F-150 pick-up Truck? All kiddin aside,,,The reality of the situation is that there is a Global Recession that is not going away any time soon.The Automobile Industry is suffering it`s economic impact.Ford Motor may need 'concessions' in order to remain competitive so that we can all weather the storm and return to Monday,Tuesday,'Happy Days'!UAW co-operation at this point is critical.Valley Forge,,,The Battle of Britain,,,,the Detroit Lions 2008 season,,,,times that require courage and intelligent decisiveness.The Ballot will look like this;DO YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR JOB? YES or NO

Edited by Fatso

The no strike clause is real. It "could" happen. The thing is it has to be voted in first. No one wants to make concessions but I believe that people would give up pay or benefits before they voted for a "no strike" clause. GM, Chrysler, Ford, the UAW, and the politicians need to understand that the no strike clause would not benefit the companies at this time because, we are not threatening to strike nor are we going to strike in the near future. They are trying to weaken our bargaining strength for the future when these companies are doing well again.

Remember the good ole days when we all got a piece of the pie. Now the execs and politicians want the whole pie. SHIT ON US!!!

What in the hell would make you or anyone else think that Gettlefinger would be willing to do this without a fight? That makes no sense at all!

Comparing this to slavery is a huge exaggeration don't you think?

Here's an idea, instead of GUESSING what is going to happen, why not wait to see what is proposed. The last thing we need to be doing is fear mongering.

As far as "making the average worker that much more determined to vote the U.A.W. out", why go through that? if you feel the U.A.W. is not worth the dues you pay, leave. I could respect that. What I can't respect is someone reaping the benefits that the U.A.W. has given them (even if we have to concede some things) while mother fucking the institution that got them for you.. None of us are involved in the discussions. How in the hell can any of us say what Ron should have done if we weren't there. Talk about your Monday morning quaterbacks. Wait to see what is asked of us before you start the mother fucking and fear mongering.

Ok let me see if I can piss you off a little more here. Since you got so anal about my post I feel I can return the favor.

1. I said "if" and my friend that is a very big IF. If for some reason or another Mr. Gettlefinger agrees to to the no strike rule, which I might add was not there to begin with. If he agree's to that then why do we need to be very upbeat about any and all future contracts, when that time comes? Now I do believe Mr. Gettlefinger will do his best for the membership at large, this does not in anyway effect my loyality to the United Auto Worker's.

2. Had you sir, read that link, you would seen in there that prior to the 20th century, working at places such as Ford, GM and Chrysler was no more than forced slavery. Which I might add, that if it wasn't for union's ability to strike we would be no where near to the middle class lifestyle that we so enjoy living. I believe it was President Roosevelt that acknowledged the union's right to strike. This was one of the reason's why we are not in a forced slavery type of employeement today.

3. This is something I hear almost everyday in the plant. I am guessing you have heard it as well. Who is to say you haven't said at least once after you got upset with your local. I am going to take a wild guess and say you will tell us you haven't said it. With that said, that is the reason I said the average worker would be that much more determined to vote the UAW out. I am sorry but I left out the key word "auto" when I talked about the average worker. I persoanelly will continue to support the UAW even if they are for reason the state in which they are located go into a right to work state. i much rather have the union than not have one.

4. You sir are right. I am not there in discussion's with the big 3 or the people in DC. Yes, I guess I can be a Monday morning Quarteback/ armchair Quarterback what ever you want to call them. Yes, it is easier to sitback and second guess what is done up north, tell us you have not that as well. I honestly believe we all have done/will do that at least once before we retire.

5. I have no intention of ever trying to use fear mongering on this website. I agree that there is individuals on here that love to do that, I for one feel that is wrong. As a matter of fact I have never been one to even be a whore monger. Which we both know that there is people in this world that do.

6. Finally, I would appriciate the fact that you would not use those long profanity words. I could belittle myself to make snide comments about those word's but I feel that would only make me look worse than you.

In the end Sir, I guess we will have to agree to disagree on these post's. I unlike you, am going to wait until I see everything in paper before I go off the deep end. I just responded to what I read on that lnk. I guess I should have realized that those people had no idea what they were talking about when they wrote that article. People just want stories these days and they go as far to make stuff up, or print things on here say without finding out the facts. Kinda ironic isn't it, we do the samething on here.

Hell i have been divorced, fired, broke and out of job all at the same time. I started over with nothing and survived I can do it again. What about the rest of you, are you willing to take that chance?

Sounds like you should take the package, and move to Florida!

Ok let me see if I can piss you off a little more here. Since you got so anal about my post I feel I can return the favor.

1. I said "if" and my friend that is a very big IF. If for some reason or another Mr. Gettlefinger agrees to to the no strike rule, which I might add was not there to begin with. If he agree's to that then why do we need to be very upbeat about any and all future contracts, when that time comes? Now I do believe Mr. Gettlefinger will do his best for the membership at large, this does not in anyway effect my loyality to the United Auto Worker's.

2. Had you sir, read that link, you would seen in there that prior to the 20th century, working at places such as Ford, GM and Chrysler was no more than forced slavery. Which I might add, that if it wasn't for union's ability to strike we would be no where near to the middle class lifestyle that we so enjoy living. I believe it was President Roosevelt that acknowledged the union's right to strike. This was one of the reason's why we are not in a forced slavery type of employeement today.

3. This is something I hear almost everyday in the plant. I am guessing you have heard it as well. Who is to say you haven't said at least once after you got upset with your local. I am going to take a wild guess and say you will tell us you haven't said it. With that said, that is the reason I said the average worker would be that much more determined to vote the UAW out. I am sorry but I left out the key word "auto" when I talked about the average worker. I persoanelly will continue to support the UAW even if they are for reason the state in which they are located go into a right to work state. i much rather have the union than not have one.

4. You sir are right. I am not there in discussion's with the big 3 or the people in DC. Yes, I guess I can be a Monday morning Quarteback/ armchair Quarterback what ever you want to call them. Yes, it is easier to sitback and second guess what is done up north, tell us you have not that as well. I honestly believe we all have done/will do that at least once before we retire.

5. I have no intention of ever trying to use fear mongering on this website. I agree that there is individuals on here that love to do that, I for one feel that is wrong. As a matter of fact I have never been one to even be a whore monger. Which we both know that there is people in this world that do.

6. Finally, I would appriciate the fact that you would not use those long profanity words. I could belittle myself to make snide comments about those word's but I feel that would only make me look worse than you.

In the end Sir, I guess we will have to agree to disagree on these post's. I unlike you, am going to wait until I see everything in paper before I go off the deep end. I just responded to what I read on that lnk. I guess I should have realized that those people had no idea what they were talking about when they wrote that article. People just want stories these days and they go as far to make stuff up, or print things on here say without finding out the facts. Kinda ironic isn't it, we do the samething on here.

Don't you know this isn't the place to voice your opinion ? Look at who your arguing with! A fucking rep that tells membership bro's & sis' to quit everytime they say whats on their minds and he doesn't agree. I read your post and it did say "IF".

The no strike clause is real. It "could" happen. The thing is it has to be voted in first. No one wants to make concessions but I believe that people would give up pay or benefits before they voted for a "no strike" clause. GM, Chrysler, Ford, the UAW, and the politicians need to understand that the no strike clause would not benefit the companies at this time because, we are not threatening to strike nor are we going to strike in the near future. They are trying to weaken our bargaining strength for the future when these companies are doing well again.

Remember the good ole days when we all got a piece of the pie. Now the execs and politicians want the whole pie. SHIT ON US!!!

In case you all didn't know it, there is a no strike clause in the current contract.

Souljaboy,

The way you worded your statement, it sure did sound like you felt there was a chance of Ron giving up things without a fight. If i read to much into it, i apologize, but i have re-read it a few times, and it still sounds that way to me. It pisses me off when i hear people say they shouldn't have to pay union dues or that the union is not fighting for them. If people actually take their emotions out of the situation and think clearly, the Union has gotten all of us workers many many benefits. When the union is put into the position to where they may have to agree to concessions, a lot of people want to bitch about it and start bad mouthing the union. This isn't the first time the Union had to make concessions and it won't be the last time. i don't like it anymore than anyone else, but i believe that if it happens, there was a good reason for it. For anyone to suggest that Ron would give things up without first considering all options is ridiculous. As far as my profanity, i could have said "bad mouthing" , but i have read quit a few posts that make bad mouthing a understatement. If my language bothers you, i apologize. I will use more acceptable language when speaking directly to you but i am who i am. When i get upset, i speak my mind.

Don't you know this isn't the place to voice your opinion ? Look at who your arguing with! A fucking rep that tells membership bro's & sis' to quit everytime they say whats on their minds and he doesn't agree. I read your post and it did say "IF".

Jerzey, you and every other person has the right to say what ever they want, but if you are going to accuse me of something, why don't you get your facts straight. I don't tell people to quit because i disagree with what they are saying. What i have said a few times is that i find people hypocritical to come on here and MF the Union and say it is a useless organization while gladly accepting the benefits that comes with being a union member. I have asked people who feel that why they don't stand up for what they believe in and go work at a non-union facility. I have also told people who said the union is useless to feel free to check the box that waives their rights to union representation when they do something that they get disciplined for if they truly feel that way.

Now if that causes me to lose some votes if i run again, so be it. I won't change the way i feel for votes.

In case you all didn't know it, there is a no strike clause in the current contract.

Yes I do realize there is a clause already and I do not know if there are any stipulations to that or if it is no strike period. But now the "no strike" ball could be in Chrysler's court. Then Ford will be looking for similar concessions. If all of the Big 3 have no strike clauses then thats the end.

Really I want to say it will never happen but I don't wan't to jinx us lol.

QUOTE (jerzey @ Jan 15 2009, 05:55 PM)

Jerzey, you and every other person has the right to say what ever they want, but if you are going to accuse me of something, why don't you get your facts straight. I don't tell people to quit because i disagree with what they are saying. What i have said a few times is that i find people hypocritical to come on here and MF the Union and say it is a useless organization while gladly accepting the benefits that comes with being a union member. I have asked people who feel that why they don't stand up for what they believe in and go work at a non-union facility. I have also told people who said the union is useless to feel free to check the box that waives their rights to union representation when they do something that they get disciplined for if they truly feel that way.

Now if that causes me to lose some votes if i run again, so be it. I won't change the way i feel for votes.

Mr. Morris both you and Jerzey make valid claims and statement today. It is not that profanity bother's me, it is I feel sometime's the Sailor talk needs to be left on the ship, if you understand what I mean.

Like I said we will have to agree to disagree, I have no problems with that. I am sure you know things that I do not. Henceforth there is things I know that maybe you do not. It is called life's learning's, we both learn them as we go. Right now all of us are in the same ship. I hope the ship isn't sinking, so I am staying on for as long as I can without having to worry about drowning.

I agree with you about people who do nothing but complain about this union. I myself have complaind in the past. To be honest I see myself complaining in the future as well. If we don't complain, then how else will the leadership know that they are doing the wrong thing. I guess we can vote them out but what if they do a lot of good as well. They need the membership to set them in the right direction.

I believe you said before on another post that we are the union, therefore we need to stand together for the betterment of our families.