Get ready for the Obama takeover

Obama's response was not the one I would have given nor was it well thought out.

It doesn't change the fact that Joe wasn't defamed. That was the post I was addressing.

The issue was Obama's statement. Whether or not the info about Joe was true isn't the point.

The opposition decided to make Joe the focal point, in an effort to divert attention.

If "spreading the wealth" is such a good idea, let those who believe it make the argument.

I'll freely never bring up Joe, if we agree to keep the focus where it belongs, that being Obama's statement.

Edited by RangerM

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Income does not always require work on the part of the recipient. Much of the big money investing is little more than legalized gambling, credit default swaps, currency fluxuation, short selling. Lots of people recognized income from Bernie Madoff's scheme. It wasn't work.

The money nolonger goes to creating jobs here. It goes into financial manipulation that creates no jobs or it goes overseas to take American jobs. It isn't the '50s when the only really safe place to invest was the USA and where investments went in to companies that made things here. Obama is correct that when the middle and lower classes do well, the wealthy do very well.

Then maybe we should tax investment income as regular income, instead of the reduced rate it is now?

Given that many senior citizens' income (those who don't rely solely on SS) comes from investments, I'll let you explain it to them.

But he didn't force Obama to say, "when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody".

It's not the government's role to "spread the wealth". They don't tax "wealth". They tax income, which requires work to obtain, therefore they tax work.

Whatever you think of Joe the Plumber, it in no way justifies Obama's response.

Let's face it Joe, got hammered for asking an honest question Bama got hammered for answering it honestly.

this is typical left spinning the the issue, to fit into their line of thinking. Now Joe might not have ever made $250k he according to some is a lie cheat who somehow thinks it will catapult him to fame and fortune.

Now we have a Sec treasury that knowingly avoided paying taxes and blamed the the software for the mistakes. But by golly it was an honest mistake according to his supporters.

Do we want to talk about immigration as well while we are here. it seems that Obama's Aunty is still here illegally even though her deportation orders have been signed and delivered. Nowe we hear the Feds are reopening the case even though Obama said the law should be followed.

Let's all step back and take a hard look, the change we are getting isn't any different that what we had before. Just a new set of players.

4 years ago the Dems were screaming about the 42 mil spent on the Bush inagrial but now with Obama $120 mil is quite acceptable.

All of this is nothing more than more of the same politcal BS that we tax payers will have to endure.

sorry for the mispelling.

Let's face it Joe, got hammered for asking an honest question Bama got hammered for answering it honestly.

this is typical left spinning the the issue, to fit into their line of thinking. Now Joe might not have ever made $250k he according to some is a lie cheat who somehow thinks it will catapult him to fame and fortune.

I think the point of my posting the video is that Joe didn't ask an honest question. He framed the matter dishonestly. I suppose I would have no issue with the man if he said "someday I would aspire to make $250k and under your plan I would pay more in taxes". He didn't do that. He made up a story. He lied. Then he got all upset when he was called on it.

Fordxer said Joe was defamed. He wasn't. If some people want to make some kind of hero out of Joe the Plumber that's fine. Just don't spin the truth about him and accuse others of defamation when they point out the truth.

Here's another nice piece written by Pat Buchanan:

This is a well stated article by Pat Buchanan which is on point and needs pondering by all.

BUCHANAN TO OBAMA

By Patrick J. Buchanan

Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America. Fair enough. But this time, it has to be a two-way conversation. White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to. This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known. Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the '60's on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream. Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks -- with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas -- to advance black applicants over white applicants. Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated their time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude??

Barack talks about new 'ladders of opportunity' for blacks. Let him go to Altoona ? And Johnstown, and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for 'deserving' white kids.? Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America? Is it really white America 's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?

Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?

We have all heard ad nauseam from the Rev. Al about Tawana Brawley, the Duke rape case and Jena. And all turned out to be hoaxes. But about the epidemic of black assaults on whites that are real, we hear nothing.

Sorry, Barack, some of us have heard it all before, about 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago.

This needs to be passed around because, this is a message everyone needs to hear!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/buchanan-wright.asp http://buchanan.org/blog/2008/03/pjb-a-brief-for-whitey/

I think the point of my posting the video is that Joe didn't ask an honest question. He framed the matter dishonestly. I suppose I would have no issue with the man if he said "someday I would aspire to make $250k and under your plan I would pay more in taxes". He didn't do that. He made up a story. He lied. Then he got all upset when he was called on it.

Fordxer said Joe was defamed. He wasn't. If some people want to make some kind of hero out of Joe the Plumber that's fine. Just don't spin the truth about him and accuse others of defamation when they point out the truth.

no the defamation came when personal info from state records was smeared all over the media. I think a few dems lost their jobs over it but haven't heard anything since.

let's see back taxes all of maybe 1K he's a cheat

Geither didn't pay taxes for 5 years $34k that's ok he is confirmed as Sec Treas.

Charles Rangel owes near $100k in back taxes. to date I haven't heard anyone saying anything about him.

Our new Sec of Defense has overseas ties via her husbands business where the ties contributed millions to hubby is confirmed as Sec of Defense. certainly ther can't be any conflicts of interest there, right?

he isn't a plumber because he isn't licened - he a fake. to bad they didn't say if the business has a master plumber on board he can have unlicensed workers performing the work.

I won't go into the Fannie and Freddie masters. who should be blamed for the financial problems we have now.

yup Joe is a major problem for all of us.

just depends on the spin

Our new Sec of Defense has overseas ties via her husbands business where the ties contributed millions to hubby is confirmed as Sec of Defense. certainly ther can't be any conflicts of interest there, right?

I think you mean Secretary of State there. :stirpot:

Secretary of Defense is still Robert Gates.

What will the future hold for "MR. CHANGE"? My bets put Obama with Bush at using the same tactics (fear) to ramrod his agenda through congress.

http://businessandmedia.org/articles/2009/...0127165919.aspx

Is the new Obama administration taking cues from the Bush administration to get Congress to act? It certainly seemed that way to, South Carolina’s junior Republican senator, Jim DeMint.

DeMint, speaking Jan. 27 at The Heritage Foundation in Washington, D.C., explained the Obama administration will “create crisis and widespread panic” just like its predecessor in order to get Congress to act expeditiously.

“I’ve been around long enough to know whenever someone tells me I have to make a decision right now, my response is no,” DeMint said. “That clears it up right away and I think more and more the Bush administration and now this administration knows that they’re not going to get a quick reaction out of Congress unless they create crisis and widespread panic. And that’s going to be their M.O. to get Congress to act.”

Another senator, James Inhofe, R-Okla., explained the Bush administration used a similar tactic, under the direction of former Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, to get the $700-billion TARP bailout bill passed by Congress back on Oct. 4, 2008.

DeMint said some Republicans now regret they voted for the TARP package, even though there is no way to gauge what might have happened had it not been passed.

I stand corrected.

thanks

some more great and wonderus stimuli. Let's get in a hurry and pass this bill so we can go further down the tubes.

The House is expected to vote TODAY (Wednesday) on the Obama Stimulus

bill,

which is getting worse and worse -- and bigger and bigger -- by

the hour. Here's just a sampling of what is in the bill:

$2.4 billion carbon capture products...

$4.19 billion for ACORN and other bogus "community organizing" groups...

$650 million digital tv conversion...

$79 billion to bail out the state education system...

Hundreds of millions for family planning...

$400 million global warming research...

$50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts...

$200 million to refurbish the National Mall...

And the bill is not even a stimulus! Just 1% of the so-called stimulus

is for tax cuts for small businesses. And according to the Congressional

Budget Office, two thirds of the stimulus will not even be spent for

nearly two years!

some more great and wonderus stimuli. Let's get in a hurry and pass this bill so we can go further down the tubes.

bill,

nearly two years!

The only thing this "stimulus" will be is a red, white and blue :censored: wrapped with newly printed dollar bills being shoved up our asses! That's the government's definition of a "stimulus".

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

Here's another nice piece written by Pat Buchanan:

This is a well stated article by Pat Buchanan which is on point and needs pondering by all.

BUCHANAN TO OBAMA

By Patrick J. Buchanan

Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America. Fair enough. But this time, it has to be a two-way conversation. White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to. This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known. Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the '60's on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream. Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks -- with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas -- to advance black applicants over white applicants. Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated their time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude??

Barack talks about new 'ladders of opportunity' for blacks. Let him go to Altoona ? And Johnstown, and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for 'deserving' white kids.? Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America? Is it really white America 's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?

Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?

We have all heard ad nauseam from the Rev. Al about Tawana Brawley, the Duke rape case and Jena. And all turned out to be hoaxes. But about the epidemic of black assaults on whites that are real, we hear nothing.

Sorry, Barack, some of us have heard it all before, about 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago.

This needs to be passed around because, this is a message everyone needs to hear!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/buchanan-wright.asp http://buchanan.org/blog/2008/03/pjb-a-brief-for-whitey/

Thanks for that article, Excellent read

bill,

nearly two years!

And when this "stimulus package" fails, Obama and the Democrats will claim that they didn't spend enough to make it work. This will give them an opening to (choose your term: nationalize or expropriate) whole sectors of the economy: the healthcare, banking, and energy industries, as well as U.S. automakers, to the tune of ever-increasing budget deficits.

These increasing budget deficits will eventually weigh on the minds of foreign investors of U.S. government bonds, whose risk aversion will force a corresponding rise in interest rates, as well as a devaluation of the Dollar - perhaps a severe devaluation in case of a protracted recession and the resulting questionable ability of our government to service the interest on its debt. This happened in Argentina in late 2001 and early 2002, when the Argentine government, whose public debt was in excess of 50 percent of GDP, defaulted on its debt to several foreign countries. The Argentine Peso, which at the time was pegged to the U.S. Dollar, lost roughly two-thirds of its value in a very short time span. Correspondingly, all private citizens, whose wealth was valued in Argentine Pesos, lost two thirds of the value of every tangible asset they owned. But hey: Argentina has a fantastic infrastructure! I've been there, and I'm going back next month. (Buenos Aires really does have a fantasic infrastructure; it's very impressive, but the majority of the people there are very poor.) The Dollar goes a long way there, too! (For now...)

Sorry for digressing.

I really hate to think of what our country will be like when we have a Marxist-style government. And I don't use the term "Marxist" lightly. If Obama and the Democrats in Congress are willing to give billions of dollars to organizations like ACORN, then one-party, Leftist economic policy is sure to follow, possibly for decades. ACORN and other community-activist organizations like it are under investigations for voter fraud; they are, in my opinion, merely front organizations for recruiting voters - legally and illegally - to the Democratic Party. Everything else they do is merely window dressing.

How bad is Marxism, actually? I have first-hand experience:

In 1979, I had the "privilege" of visiting Romania for three weeks when it was still a communist country. At the time, I was young and apolitical. What I saw there, however, opened my eyes to how horrible life must be like under communism (not that I'm comparing Obama and the Democratic Congress to communism...). More importantly, it also opened my eyes to the importance of freedom.

I could write extensively about my experience there, but here are a few highlights:

There was only one brand (and pretty much one variety) of everything you could think of, from toothpaste to toilet paper, from beer (which was terrible, and it was always warm - there was no ice) to cigarettes (which were also terrible, compared to American brands - I used to smoke at the time...).

The grocery stores were roughly the same size as an average American convenience store, but many of the shelves were empty. There was some "fresh" produce, but it looked like it was rotting. There was "fresh" meat, with flies swarming over it. There was only one brand and one variety of everything else on the shelves (mostly non-perishables), such as canned foods and cereal.

In the restaurants, we became sick (some literally) of the same pork-and-potatoes dishes we were fed with almost every meal. It seemed to be always the same meal: tasteless pork and some potatoes.

There was one occasion during which a few of us enjoyed a really nice meal. We had met someone on the street (which our official guide implored us not to do) who arranged a meal at the top floor of the InterContinental Hotel in downtown Bucharest. This was GREAT! Once we began flashing American Dollars, we got top-shelf treatment - with a waiter standing behind each of us (about 12 of us), refilling our wine glasses and honoring our every request. These people would do just about anything to get their hands on an American Dollar. (As a side note, during that meal, I was treated to some delicious sausage, which I learned was made of horse meat. I was surprised at how good it tasted. Who knew?)

My contact on the street also enabled me to double my money. The official Romanian currency at the time was called "Lei," which traded for 12.5 Lei per U.S. Dollar at the banks. But I learned that I could get double that on the streets (which I promptly did). Why the disparity? Because there were a few places in Romania (Bucharest, chiefly) called "Dollar Shops" that sold Western goods which could only be purchased with Western currency, such as Pounds, Franks, Marks, Dollars, etc. These goods included a variety of stuff like Marlboro cigarettes, Jack Daniel's, Budweiser, Sony, Tobelrone, Coca Cola, and a whole bunch of other Western goods, whose availability we take for granted. These goods could only be purchased with foreign currency, and not with the local currency. (The stuff one could purchase with the local currency was crap, which is why people were willing to pay a premium for stuff in the Dollar Shops.)

Anyway, as I said, there was only one brand of everything during that time in communist Romania, and that includes cars. During my three weeks in Romania, I saw a few Mercedes, and I actually saw one Pontiac Firebird (but I can't account for why it was there). The rest of the cars on the street were all the same - all of them - which were the State-produced car of Romania. Introducing...

Drum roll, please...

The Dacia 1300:

Dacia_1300_1969-79_30.jpg

Yes, the Dacia 1300s were available in different colors.

Oh, and did I tell you about the time a friend and I dared to venture out on the streets of Bucharest after 10:00 p.m., where there were armed guards with AK-47s at every corner?

There was one television station in Romania (although, interestingly, I got to see translated re-runs of "The Honeymooners" and "I Love Lucy"). As recently as 1979, the State-run television in Romania was in black and white.

The group I was with zig-zagged across the entire country of Romania during our three weeks there. The waterways we saw were foaming with industrial pollution (we weren't allowed to take pictures) with the exception of the Danube River. The infrastructure was a joke. The only roads across the county were narrow two-lane roads with no shoulders.

A bright spot was visiting the Transylvanian Alps, during which I actually got to visit Dracula's Castle (this place actually exists!). There's a microbrewery there, where you could purchase a beer stein! - which was sort of "micro-capitalism" at work...).

But that was the only bright spot.

Back to reality, I don't know whether this "stimulus package" will help our economy - no one does. But it looks to me that we are headed to a place where most of us would prefer not to go.