AAI News

Job 1

I agree that the overall union at AAI is pretty powerless, but I think it has more to do with the fact that they have to work with a contract that looks like it was written by “Mickey Mouse”. Compounded with the fact that historically management has had no respect or regard for the unions place.

The way that I understand the possible return of the outsourced Axel jobs is that AAI reps have presented the company with a business plan or bid on the axel work. According to that proposal it’s financially beneficial for the company to return that work to AAI hourly work force. It is highly likely that this work will be returned… when is the question??

Edited by downriverrat

I agree that the overall union at AAI is pretty powerless, but I think it has more to do with the fact that they have to work with a contract that looks like it was written by “Mickey Mouse”. Compounded with the fact that historically management has had no respect or regard for the unions place.

The way that I understand the possible return of the outsourced Axel jobs is that AAI reps have presented the company with a business plan or bid on the axel work. According to that proposal it’s financially beneficial for the company to return that work to AAI hourly work force. It is highly likely that this work will be returned… when is the question??

bottom line the outsourcing is not done at AAI there going to cut all high low jobs and pdi before its all over they were talking about it when i was there

Downriverrat, what other contract (plant) are you comparing ours to? Have you seen or heard what went on at Dearborn with their contract? They lost the farm, the kids and the house. They out sourced damn near half the plant (most of the good jobs). How about the competitive contracts, I know theyre a real work of art, yea right. Our contract might not be the best, but its certainly not the worst.

I agree with the rest of you, that our local leadership needs to step up and inform us with true information. But our local leadership doesnt have the experience thats required to do so. We need to help them understand what needs to be done and support them through this learning peroid. We have other brothers and sisters in our plant that can answer our questions and tell us what needs to be done and how to go about it. We need to tap into that experience and help our local leadership out. Thats my friends is true Unionism, coming together to help each other in times of need is what its all about.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone else have to show up to the learning center when we get back on the 20th?

I haven't heard anything. Did you receive a letter in the mail telling you this?? It wouldn't suprise me to see the company do something like that.

what the fuck do you mean SCABS, your a fucking ass, those people doing axles are part of our local paying union dues!!!!!!!!

AAI axle shop:

-The building and all the equipment are owned by AAI.

-Ford managment still running the floor

-Ford trades still fixing and maintaining the equipment

-Ford QC reps still doing torque checks on guns

-Ford QC reps still sorting parts

So, at the end of the day, the only thing that has changed over there is the hourly production worker. ($10/h) Brother that sounds like a scab operation to me. So our local agreed to a very shady deal as long as they pay union dues. :redcard: Welcome to the new age of "Unionized Scab Labor".

So if you think its ok for this to happen, guess what? They will start doing it in the main plant.

Brother, you can call me an ass all you want but if you really take a good hard look at the situation and think about what I just posted above, deep down-you know I'm right.

Peace

-X

AAI axle shop:

XTCNAGT, they are not scabs, not even close. Scabs are people that work past picket lines during a strike. Those brothers and sisters at Axle hired in at a lower wage this is true, but is that their fault, no. We can’t blame them for needing a job, and getting hired at a plant that was hiring. Blame our union for the lower pay and fewer benefits they receive.

We need to focus this issue at the ones that let it happen. We have been told time and time again that getting these jobs back for ford employees is near to happening. We’ll we are still waiting and still holding you (local committee and international) to your promise.

This is a leadership issue not a worker vs worker issue. We need to place the blame onto the ones that deserve it, call them out and hold them to the promises they made to gain your vote.

Edited by ReDemption

XTCNAGT, they are not scabs, not even close. Scabs are people that work past picket lines during a strikes. Those brothers and sisters hired in at a lower wage this is true, but is that their fault, no. We can’t blame them for needing a job, and getting hired at a plant that was hiring. Blame our union for the lower pay and fewer benefits they receive.

We need to focus this issue at the ones that let it happen. We have been told time and time again that getting these jobs back for ford employees is near to happening. We’ll we are still waiting and still holding you (local committee and international) to your promise.

This is a leadership issue not a worker issue. We don’t need to fight each other or place blame on each other. Put the blame onto the ones that deserve it, call them out and hold them to it.

You have mis-understood me. I'm not mad or fighting with our local scabs. I'm only explaining the FACTS of the situation over at axle shop is a scab operation. They needed a $10/h job so they got one. Also, you are absolutly right about it being our locals fault. They have bamboozeled everyone into accepting the axle shop getting outsourced because they are paying union dues to our local. Big FLIPPIN' deal, all it is, is "Unionized Scab Labor". It's also our locals fault that we haven't obtained that work back. Chuck Browning HIMSELF told me the International UAW approved that for us. And when I ask GS or one of the BC's they say since those scabs are in our local, they can't displace them. TALK ABOUT A FUKING CONFLICT OF INTEREST!!!!!! So now its coming down to a choice of either put some of us out the door, or displace their precious scabs. By the end of January, I guess we'll see who our local likes the most, us or scabs.

Peace

-X

You have mis-understood me. I'm not mad or fighting with our local scabs. I'm only explaining the FACTS of the situation over at axle shop is a scab operation. They needed a $10/h job so they got one. Also, you are absolutly right about it being our locals fault. They have bamboozeled everyone into accepting the axle shop getting outsourced because they are paying union dues to our local. Big FLIPPIN' deal, all it is, is "Unionized Scab Labor". It's also our locals fault that we haven't obtained that work back. Chuck Browning HIMSELF told me the International UAW approved that for us. And when I ask GS or one of the BC's they say since those scabs are in our local, they can't displace them. TALK ABOUT A FUKING CONFLICT OF INTEREST!!!!!! So now its coming down to a choice of either put some of us out the door, or displace their precious scabs. By the end of January, I guess we'll see who our local likes the most, us or scabs.

Peace

-X

You can call our union brothers and sisters scabs all you want, but we are never going to get those jobs back, they are giving them more and more work every year over there...your local reps are blowing smoke up your ass....get use to it..........

• 2 weeks later...
I AGREE WITH YOU, SCABS!!!!!!

Let's put the blame where is should be, with our local union, they gave those jobs away, don't blame your union brothers and sisters, we are not getting those jobs back....period...get over it...they are not scabs, they didn't walk across a picket line, the union gave your jobs away.......and then bargained an agreement, an eight year agreement at that......