2010 Ford Taurus Police cars

grimesdr

I call bulls#it! Liar, liar, pants on fire!!

I have posted numerous posts supporting the CVPI and the most negative things I've said have been that Ford didn't update them to keep them in production longer and that they get poor traction in inclement weather. How is that bashing??? In addition, I'm the former owner of a Marauder, which I lament selling. Ford could've kept that car around longer if they had pulled the expensive 4V DOHC engine and replaced it and the antiquated 4 speed auto with the Mustang"s cheaper-to-build 3V SOHC V8 and 5 or 6 speed autos. They could've used this drivetrain in the CVLX Sport and CVPI, too.

I will apologize for this. I believe looking back on this that I attempted to quote rscalzo, who only ever shows up when he can can a dig at the Panthers. My mistake.

Facts are facts:

1. Ford has announced that the CVPI is dead after the 2011 model year. Deal with it.

2. The Panther is dead. Deal with it.

3. The Taurus-based PI is its replacement. Deal with it.

Where has anybody refuted this? Why don't you mention that it is a fact that water is wet?

4. The Taurus-based PI has real potential to be a better police vehicle in many respects compared to the CVPI including balance, FE, straightline performance, handling, traction, safety, etc. Deal with it.

That's not a fact, it's opinion and conjecture. The Taurus could easily go the other way.

Edited by Cocheese

• 1 month later...

The CV was modified for these additional safety needs. Modifications included but were not limited to a fire suppression system. To say that a Taurus could not be modified in the same way is shortsighted. You're comparing apples to oranges, and the apple tree hasn't even blossomed yet. The oranges while ripe, are gonna need to be eaten soon 'cause they're starting to rot.

Ford has been modifying the CV for years to fit the needs of the PDs. I'm sure they would do the same to the Taurus.

The reliability on both cars is (presumeably) good, but the durability is the bigger question. Again, I'm sure Ford would upfit these cars with sturdier parts in the appropriate areas. I do think the AWD would be a huge advantage, especially in the northern states... And please don't start talking about a rear wheel drive with TC and a limited slip axle as being the ideal car in the snow. The Taurus will have a larger trunk and back seat. I don't know how hard it would be to remove the center console, or at the least, reduce the bulk of it.

80 MPH rear impact tests aside, I'm sure the Taurus is the far superior car in crash situations. 30 years of technology shouldn't be brushed aside so quickly.

I think the Taurus would make an excellent police vehicle.... The problem is, I don't want to see it happen. I don't want to cringe every time I see one the way I do when I see a CV's headlights in my mirror. I want to enjoy the Taurus, not fear it.

:hysterical:

I will apologize for this. I believe looking back on this that I attempted to quote rscalzo, who only ever shows up when he can can a dig at the Panthers. My mistake.

Where has anybody refuted this? Why don't you mention that it is a fact that water is wet?

That's not a fact, it's opinion and conjecture. The Taurus could easily go the other way.

Wow! Nice backhanded apology.