Seen a flex on TV

goinbroke2

I tape most tv shows and then speed through the commercials. Saw a new show come on called "fringe". There was a police or fbi or some kind of takedown going on, on a waterfront at night. As the cops come tearing in, one of them was a flex with a lightbar on it. Kinda strange but looked ok I guess. It was about a 4 or 5 second cameo. I was more shocked than anything I guess to see it on tv already.

Of course then the tape ran out as I never taped that show.LOL!

Anybody else see it or watch the show?

I tape most tv shows and then speed through the commercials. Saw a new show come on called "fringe". There was a police or fbi or some kind of takedown going on, on a waterfront at night. As the cops come tearing in, one of them was a flex with a lightbar on it. Kinda strange but looked ok I guess. It was about a 4 or 5 second cameo. I was more shocked than anything I guess to see it on tv already.

I've heard of it...I watched the debut episode, but haven't watched since (mostly because of time). It seemed like a pretty good show, IMO.

One makes a regular appearance on Life on NBC also.

And Fringe is a really good show... except they show locations al label them as other places. Last week the showed a JFK terminal and called it Germany's intertational airport. A few weeks ago they showed flyover shots of Hartford, CT and called is Worcester, MA.

Yes I saw that - the Flex looked pretty cool!

Ford must have a product placement contract with the producers of that show, since the star character- Special Agent Olivia Dunham is shown driving her Escape several times per episode.

except they show locations al label them as other places. Last week the showed a JFK terminal and called it Germany's intertational airport. A few weeks ago they showed flyover shots of Hartford, CT and called is Worcester, MA.

Every show does that for budgetary reasons. It's the only realistic way to set portions of the show in "exotic" locations without incurring the cost of moving the production to that locale. Even "Lost", which is filmed in Hawaii, doesn't travel for the scenes set in other parts of the world.

I've seen a Flex on Fringe a couple of times. Also saw one last night on Desperate Housewives.

Toyota seems to be aggressive with product placement these days, too. But, they have gone a little overboard this season by having the FBI use new Sequoias on Bones and Prison Break. I could be wrong, but I think the federal government only buys domestics.