Theology

I have a question. Why is it that the majority of people say we are fighting a religious war? IMHO, just because we were attacked by religious fanatics doesn't mean we are in a religious war. The idiots attacked us here because of THEIR religious belief that we are infidels. We retaliated to protect our country and to defend the ones who were killed by the idiots.

Yes I am a Christian and No I do not agree with the muslim belief system. But I would not condone this country for attacking another country because of religious beliefs.

Furthermore, I will not debate the existence of a "Supreme Being". I will debate the existence of the "Lord" that is mentioned in the date of the signing of the Constitution and the "God" or "God Almighty" that is mentioned in the preambles of all 50 States.

Fordxer, when it comes to war, the aggressor sets the rules. That's just how it is.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question. Why is it that the majority of people say we are fighting a religious war? IMHO, just because we were attacked by religious fanatics doesn't mean we are in a religious war. The idiots attacked us here because of THEIR religious belief that we are infidels. We retaliated to protect our country and to defend the ones who were killed by the idiots.

Yes I am a Christian and No I do not agree with the muslim belief system. But I would not condone this country for attacking another country because of religious beliefs.

Furthermore, I will not debate the existence of a "Supreme Being". I will debate the existence of the "Lord" that is mentioned in the date of the signing of the Constitution and the "God" or "God Almighty" that is mentioned in the preambles of all 50 States.

No offense, then from winning a debate point of view, you are lost and can never win...................unless of course you can produce your Supreme Being.

All religions have holes everywhere, bar none.

Understand that not one person here so far has said that there is not a Supreme Being; rather all I/we/some of us has stated is---------->you can't change peoples minds, or win a debate, with holes all over your theory.

If you told us which religion you aspire to, we could punch so many holes in it, you would think you were looking at Swiss Cheese!!! Your response would end up being------>but I believe..........which changes no ones mind.

On the other hand, if you debate from a Supreme Being being real without the religious beliefs of one sect or another involved, you have a decent probability of success.

The point is------------>unless it is absolutely important that money be funneled towards one religion, the need to pick one and support its stance is crazy in a debate situation. After all, The Almighty cares nothing about green paper we call money, for if He did, He would tax us too, lololololol. In His infinite wisdom, he leaves that chore to the Liberals, lolololol!

Edited by Imawhosure

Understand that not one person here so far has said that there is not a Supreme Being; rather all I/we/some of us has stated is---------->you can't change peoples minds, or win a debate, with holes all over your theory.
I have tried to keep this thread as religion free as possible. Feel free to let me know if I'm doing otherwise. Thanks for your intelligent info. I do appreciate it.

I don't know about that. If I had a ton of money, I'd have a lot more free time to clear my mind. :lol:

If you had a lot of money right now, you would probably be worried about losing it. Who is happier, the multi-millionaire who just lost 90% of his fortune, or the street beggar who is just given a 50 dollar bill?

Edited by Trimdingman

maybe theology shouldn't have been in the title then.

I was going to make a similar observation, myself.

What is the attraction of religion?

If we believe, we go to the "afterlife".

Let's look at the probabilities.

a There is no afterlife.

b There is an afterlife.

To continue, b has to be true.

Assuming that b is true, what criteria are required to experience the afterlife?

a Belief in the correct religion.

b Everybody experiences the afterlife.

c Random chance.

d The most intelligent or highly evolved go to the afterlife.

e The most moral people go to the afterlife.

The only choices over which we would have any control are a and e. If a is correct, then your odds are still very slim because there are many religions. I am afraid that you are putting your money on a real longshot.

Edited by Trimdingman

If you had a lot of money right now, you would probably be worried about losing it. Who is happier, the multi-millionaire who just lost 90% of his fortune, or the street beggar who is just given a 50 dollar bill?

If I had a lot of money right now, I'd be less concerned about losing it than I am now, that's for sure. Then again, I'm not really concerned about losing money right now either. I'd rather be the guy who lost 90% of his fortune. $50 doesn't go very far.

Well, one thing for sure, they are equally happy when they are masturbating. :redcard:

If I had a lot of money right now, I'd be less concerned about losing it than I am now, that's for sure. Then again, I'm not really concerned about losing money right now either. I'd rather be the guy who lost 90% of his fortune. $50 doesn't go very far.

If you haven't eaten for three days, you would be extatic if you were given $50. If you just lost 9 million of your 10 million dollar fortune, you would feel pretty shitty. I have been at parties where they are drinking cheap wine, making music with spoons and a harmonica, laughing, dancing, and having a hell of a time. I have been to parties with bars, formal dress, paid live band, rich people, and everybody just sat and stared or made bland conversation.

Edited by Trimdingman

If you haven't eaten for three days, you would be extatic if you were given $50. If you just lost 9 million of your 10 million dollar fortune, you would feel pretty shitty. I have been at parties where they are drinking cheap wine, making music with spoons and a harmonica, laughing, dancing, and having a hell of a time. I have been to parties with bars, formal dress, paid live band, rich people, and everybody just sat and stared or made bland conversation.

Money (by itself) cannot bring happiness, nor does the lack of it equate to un-happiness.

That is why the LOVE OF money is considered a sin, not money itself.

Is there a Creator? No one knows. The universe appears to have started with the Big Bang, some 14 billion years ago. But how about before that? If nothing was all there was, then what caused the BB to occur?

The point is, the human mind is not well equipped to ponder these things. To ascribe gender to a Creator "He", "His" of the universe is preposterous — we cannot comprehend such an entity.

But there sure are mysteries. Quantum entanglement is one. "Spooky action at a distance". An interesting time to be alive. :)

Is there a Creator? No one knows. The universe appears to have started with the Big Bang, some 14 billion years ago. But how about before that? If nothing was all there was, then what caused the BB to occur?

The point is, the human mind is not well equipped to ponder these things. To ascribe gender to a Creator "He", "His" of the universe is preposterous — we cannot comprehend such an entity.

But there sure are mysteries. Quantum entanglement is one. "Spooky action at a distance". An interesting time to be alive. :)

The universe doesn't appear to have started with the big bang. The big bang appears, to the weak minded, an attractive explanation to a question. "How can I say that I know the answer to something impossible to prove?"

On the second one. You are absolutely correct. We cannot comprehend such things. However, it is proper English to use the masculine form when addressing an an entity of unknown gender, or a group that is mixed gender. "She" or "It" are both incorrect. This isn't to say that a supreme being has a gender at all, just that we are only human and it is our nature to associate the unknown with ourselves (evident in phenomena such as Pareidolia).

The universe doesn't appear to have started with the big bang. The big bang appears, to the weak minded, an attractive explanation to a question. "How can I say that I know the answer to something impossible to prove?"

"Weak minded" or not, the fact that nobody knows what was happening before the BB means that it is impossible to say that one knows the answer to something impossible to prove. A Creator is infinite, and infinity is beyond our comprehension.

You obviously haven't been to the right "wealthy people" parties. :lol:

Maybe you should sign up for the "Pairs Hilton's My New BBF" program... :shades: