Obama Wins!!!

I am currently in my sophmore year of college and I think I am the only conservative at my school, All the other idiots running around here say they voted for "change", They sure did vote for "change" just not anything in a good direction.

I vote for "change" too.

I "change" my underpants every day.

I "change" the batteries in my smoke detectors twice a year.

I "change" the air freshener in my car every few weeks.

"Change" is a nifty word in that it can be used to describe all sorts of situations. Of course, it seems that most of these people who voted for "change" can't really tell you what it is exactly that needs to be changed in the first place.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the consensus is there have been five depressions. Of course I am using the word consensus loosely. It's been a while since my economic history class, and the dates are a little foggy, but I do recall the number, five. I googled it, and came up with several stating just that, five. I know three were prominent (canal bust, RR bust, and '29'), but there were two more, pre-'29'.

Here is a interesting read, pay attention to the last chart he posts.

Parents Pull Kids From Day Care (And Other Deflationary Topics)

Now that looks even scarier. The only other times we have seen base money supply soar like this were in the Great Depression and World War II.

While on this subject let's look at the same chart as above one more way.

The only other time since 1918 that the base money supply chart looks like it does recently was right before the great depression.

So Cap, remember when I was telling you we were in a period of deflation, and that deflation was far worse than inflation?

I think that we may find out that global cooling is also a bitch compared to global warming...

As it turns out, $700 Billion is a lot of money.... Sure put a spike on the chart.

The bad part is the money they have for reserves is from the Fed. Do you realize that the wealthy have all been stripped of their wealth?

It is going to be interesting to see how long it takes to turn this one around without any money in the hands of the investment class.

It's funny to hear how trickle down economics doesn't work, but trickle down unemployment is a sure fire deal.

Perhaps the only thing that could have made this worse would have been the gold standard. You have noticed that the price of gold has dropped by about 25%?

So Cap, remember when I was telling you we were in a period of deflation, and that deflation was far worse than inflation?

Perhaps the only thing that could have made this worse would have been the gold standard. You have noticed that the price of gold has dropped by about 25%?

I remember that but do you remember that I said I was just starting to "pay attention" and learning? The learning will continue on forever just as for you also. I learned something that I didn't before and from paying attention is where I got it.

That is the part I wish people would just do a little of because after they learn a little they will start paying more attention because what they learned will piss them off.

Now as far as the Gold standard making it worse I think you are wrong. We would not have been in this big bubble if we had a gold standard.

I am currently in my sophmore year of college and I think I am the only conservative at my school, All the other idiots running around here say they voted for "change", They sure did vote for "change" just not anything in a good direction.

What's your major? While I was in collage, Lib/Conservative pretty much depended on the major.

Of my 3 degrees:

Criminal Justice:

Students 50/50,

Profs. 50/50 Ex-Lawyers mostly Libs, Ex-Cops mostly Conservatives, Lifetime profs, (never left the campus) ALL LIBs

Liberal Arts:

Students 90/10 Libs to Consevatives

Profs. 90/10 Libs to Conservatives. Most were lifetime profs.

Optical Engineering:

Students 40/60 Libs to Conservatives

Profs. 30/70 Libs to Conservatives. Lifetime Profs Libs, Ex-Engineers Conservatives.

This was back in the 80's. I'm sure things have changed.

One thing is for sure...all those voters who thought that just the election of obama would retore confidence in the markets must be elated that they voted for him.....the markets have really responded....-800 points in less than a week!

Another thing is for sure...you haven't uncorked your head from your ass.

Busch: Recessions Will Deepen

The fallout from the nuclear explosion in the credit markets continues to disperse throughout the world. November is when we see all the data for October and tells us what happened when high yield bond issuance, asset back commercial paper for credit cards, and the IPO market all went to zero. Now, we're getting the earnings and cash burn from companies that were most severely impacted.

CNBC

What's your major? While I was in collage, Lib/Conservative pretty much depended on the major.

Of my 3 degrees:

Criminal Justice:

Students 50/50,

Profs. 50/50 Ex-Lawyers mostly Libs, Ex-Cops mostly Conservatives, Lifetime profs, (never left the campus) ALL LIBs

Liberal Arts:

Students 90/10 Libs to Consevatives

Profs. 90/10 Libs to Conservatives. Most were lifetime profs.

Optical Engineering:

Students 40/60 Libs to Conservatives

Profs. 30/70 Libs to Conservatives. Lifetime Profs Libs, Ex-Engineers Conservatives.

This was back in the 80's. I'm sure things have changed.

Im in mechanical engineering, It's probably 50/50 in my classes but all of the architect students are a bunch of Libs. It's fairly easy to notice by looking in the school parking lot who is what as there are quite a few of us with American full size trucks and then you have the Prius' and small imports. Mass Art on the other hand ( Next to my school) is very liberal, As a matter of fact a few months ago there was a global warming propogando stand going on there where you could donate money to the cause where a bunch of fags would try to show you pictures of ice glaciers melting and I informed them that my truck had every piece of emission control removed.

One thing is for sure...all those voters who thought that just the election of obama would retore confidence in the markets must be elated that they voted for him.....the markets have really responded....-800 points in less than a week!

and hes been in office how long...oh, yeah, its not even the 20th yet.........so does that mean the downturn should rest on bushies shoulders.....nah...just keep blaming someone else....I like you Nappie am just stupified since the election that the countries various situations did not change for the better overnight...magic beans must be harder to come across as of late......

Edited by Deanh

and hes been in office how long...oh, yeah, its not even the 20th yet.........so does that mean the downturn should rest on bushies shoulders.....nah...just keep blaming someone else....I like you Nappie am just stupified since the election that the countries various situations did not change for the better overnight...magic beans must be harder to come across as of late......

NO, I'm not blaming obama.....but most of the prognosticators had predicted a "dead cat bounce" if he won...some how showing that he being elected would cause a spike ...supposedly the polls were saying that most people had more confidence in obama's economic capabilities than McCain's...that was my point.

NO, I'm not blaming obama.....but most of the prognosticators had predicted a "dead cat bounce" if he won...some how showing that he being elected would cause a spike ...supposedly the polls were saying that most people had more confidence in obama's economic capabilities than McCain's...that was my point.

Anyone that thought that was a true idiot....aint going to happen....especially overnight...my guess is Obama will look as old as McCain after a year.....either of them was /is doomed from the get go...they have inherited a TRUE shambles...hopefully BOTH parties will put aside their loyalist fed differences and attempt to right the sinking ship that we ALL live in....

Edited by Deanh

Anyone that thought that was a true idiot....aint going to happen....especially overnight...my guess is Obama will look as old as McCain after a year.....either of them was /is doomed from the get go...they have inherited a TRUE shambles...hopefully BOTH parties will put aside their loyalist fed differences and attempt to right the sinking ship that we ALL live in....

I don't blame either of them. Maybe it's the rising unemployment every month this year, the bad consumer confidence and the banks that don't want to lend like they used to for good reason. It's going to get worse before it gets better and I think it's from the cheap and easy monetary policy we have had for quite a while and the growing size of government that reaches it's tentacles into way to many aspects of what some like to call a free society.