The October Surprise

No_Fear

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was interesting when I read about it last week. A silly Internet video doesn't somehow suddenly make it more relevant.

To you it may be old news or "a silly internet video", but in truth it is a legitimate court case which does make it relevant. At some point a decision will be handed down. Maybe then you will find it more interesting.

To you it may be old news or "a silly internet video", but in truth it is a legitimate court case which does make it relevant. At some point a decision will be handed down. Maybe then you will find it more interesting.

I doubt it. This whole election cycle has been dumbed down to the point that I would expect to see the next debate being hosted by Paris Hilton on MTV. I really wouldn't mind if I heard nothing more about this election at all.

I doubt it. This whole election cycle has been dumbed down to the point that I would expect to see the next debate being hosted by Paris Hilton on MTV. I really wouldn't mind if I heard nothing more about this election at all.

nah...lets have some fun...hosts should be Bill Maher or John Stewart....tell ya...I would actually watch that.....Paris could be the ring girl.....

Interesting . . . false BS . . . but shows the extent that some will go to.

I heard just this AM that the October surprise will be unveiled this Wednesday evening (at the debate) when McCain announces that Palin has decided to step down and that Romney will be taking her place.

Or, that according to Al-Hyatt, its sources in Baghdad say that the al-Maliki government will sign off on a security agreement with the Bush administration "within days." The report says that Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani has assured the government that he will accept the agreement if it can pass parliament. McCain will trumpet a successfully concluded security agreement as yet another benefit of the troop escalation plan.

All sorts of wild ideas of the 'surprise' floating about these days.

Actually, THIS ONE causes more of a concern - considering all of the accounts that are documented over the years . . . and who they are coming from. Brings new light to that "3 o'clock in the morning phone call"

nah...lets have some fun...hosts should be Bill Maher or John Stewart....tell ya...I would actually watch that.....Paris could be the ring girl.....

Even Bill Maher and John Stewart drive me crazy these days. I used to like both of them. I loved their shows and watched them often. Now I can't stomach them. Everything they say is rooted in hate and bias anymore.

Even Bill Maher and John Stewart drive me crazy these days. I used to like both of them. I loved their shows and watched them often. Now I can't stomach them. Everything they say is rooted in hate and bias anymore.

hell, hate/ bias...read some of the political threads on BON....LOL!....so this October Surprize ( I am unable to open ANYTHING with you tube in the mix so I cannot veiw ) is it going to be an atypical political bombshell right before the election? ( as seems to be the norm to nudge the fence-sitters ) something that adress's a subject deemed of the highest priority by the voting base? Seems the party in power does this EVERY time and times it EXACTLY before ballots,,,,seems people can forget 8 years of a LOT within an awfully small timeframe if the right buttons are pushed....if I remember rightly Georgy pulled something just at the last second and got rewarded with a second term....

meh...agreeing and dis-agreeing is what makes life interesting...but man some are passionate to a fault on certain subjects.......

Oh, there's nothing wrong with a spirited debate, but it seems all too often these days there is no such thing as debate. It is more like "Let me tell you why you are stupid and going to hell..."

Oh, there's nothing wrong with a spirited debate, but it seems all too often these days there is no such thing as debate. It is more like "Let me tell you why you are stupid and going to hell..."

thats when i sit back and observe BON's version of Jerry Springer.....

Obviously, none of you have taken the time to read the court documents which have been filed.

Funny how the DNC is trying to get a dismissal in the case. Now I wonder why that is? Wouldn't it be easier to hand over the documents and be done with it, or is there something they don't want us to know?

Hopefully a decision will be rendered before the election and you can all go back to being "bored".

Makes me wonder why you're on here offering up your opinions??

I doubt it. This whole election cycle has been dumbed down to the point that I would expect to see the next debate being hosted by Paris Hilton on MTV.

Ewww—dude, like that's so totally dumb! :hysterical:

No way, because you have to have some brain-function, and like Nick pointed out, the election has been dumbed down to brain-damage levels. Paris would have a wardrobe malfunction.

Miami Dade College press release:

Miami, Florida – February 20, 2006 ― Leaders from a diverse array of sectors will hold a rally in Miami on Thursday, February 23, 2006, in support of comprehensive immigration reform in an effort to keep immigration reform at the forefront of the public debate. Leaders from both political parties, immigrant communities, labor, business, and religious organizations will gather to call on Washington to enact workable reform.

The rally will feature Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) as the headline speaker
along with elected officials, immigrants and key local and national leaders. Sen. McCain is one of the chief sponsors of the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act; bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform legislation introduced last Congress and scheduled for consideration by the Senate in the coming weeks. A similar rally with Sen. McCain is planned for New York City on February 27

The very same ACORN his campaign now rails against and is accusing of trying to "steal" the election for Obama . . . and he (MCain) was their headline speaker. . . just two years ago.

Anyone wonder why all of a sudden Bill Ayers rhetoric has ceased? Could it be -nah, say it ain't so Joe

LINK

Hello McFly....anybody home?.....there never was any rhetoric on ayres from the mainstream media....only Fox had enough balls to bring up ayres along with the rev wright....who obama couldn't disown, then he could.....you need to get a clue...it's not about CAC, it's about ayers and his radical past... and obama's total lack of judgement or total ignorance or his acceptance of these radical views (my choice) that is the issue.... and I know liberals like you would like nothing better than to have this disappear......

Apparently Mr. napfirst, you didn't absorb the significance and irony that McCain's bashing of Obama's alleged 'palling around with terrorist Ayers' when some of Ayers biggest funding came from a Reps and that the CAC in turn donated large amounts to not only the RNC, but numerous Rep candidates, including Buch and Romney.

If the Ayers/CAC are in fact terrorists, then one could say that the above noted people accepted campaign funds from terrorists, couldn't they? Guilt by association, right?

No rhetoric on the alleged 'Ayers connection' in mainstream media? You have got to be kidding. . . or totally without a clue. It was widely reported on every news forum that I saw in the last two weeks - since McCain/Palin inserted in their stump speeches.

Drink a Mountain Dew or something and get those brains cells clicking. OR, maybe you just cannot read (quote from link):

Here's the icing on the cake
: just yesterday, the McCain campaign put out a
bragging about the fact that Leonore Annenberg has endorsed him for president. Yes, you heard it-- a McCain backer bankrolled William Ayers with millions of dollars.

More icing
: You know that Republican Arnold Weber I mentioned earlier? The one that served on the board of the CAC with Barack? Not only did he work with William Ayers in the 90's, he has also
. That's right-- McCain is accepting money from associates of William Ayers, and so far has not given the money back.

Remember when McCain was lambasting Obama for the "questionable" judgement and pork barrel spending for the $3 million dollar planetarium projector?

And in today's speech (reinventing himself once again - McCain the Goldwater disciple, the Reagan footsoldier, the Maverick, the neocon, the experienced one, the change agent, Maverick II and, most recently, the race-baiting smear merchant - is once again that of "the fighter.") and resurrecting a Bush in 2004 speech:

Don't give up hope. Be strong. Have courage. And fight.

Fight for a new direction for our country.

Fight for what's right for America.

Fight to clean up the mess of corruption, infighting and selfishness in Washington.

Fight to get our economy out of the ditch and back in the lead.

Fight for the ideals and character of a free people.

Fight for our children's future.

Fight for justice and opportunity for all.

Stand up to defend our country from its enemies.

And yet, it has come to light, that McCain did everything that he could to give away government land at the former Fort Ord Army base valued at $7.2 million to a developer friend for only $250,000.That same land sold two years later for more than $18 million -- with no improvements having been made. That means John McCain assisted in giving away $18 million dollars! And he gave it to a personal friend.

Developer/friend bought SunBay site for mere $250,000

By JULIA REYNOLDS

Herald Staff Writer

An Arizona businessman with help from Sen. John McCain's office paid the federal government a mere fraction of the market value when he bought a Fort Ord land parcel in 1999, an Army appraisal obtained by The Herald shows.

Donald R. Diamond, an 80-year-old real estate developer, lobbyist and top fundraiser for McCain's presidential campaign, bought the land for $250,000, though it was valued at $7.2 million, according to Pentagon appraisals made three years before the sale.

He held on to the parcel for a little more than two years before selling it and the buildings on it for an estimated profit of more than $18 million.

<added because the Monterey Herald's search engine oftentimes cannot find the file - depending on when accessed >

"Fight to clean up the mess of corruption, infighting and selfishness - justice and opportunity for all" -- yeah, right!!!!!

Edited by RaZor