2010 Buick LaCrosse spied with MKS

BORG

Cool...now it is my turn:

And now for features the MKS (yes that is the cars real name) has that the Buicks don't:

Adaptive Cruise Control - Oh yeah...that is important.

Adaptive Cornering Headlights - Welcome to 1948

Automatic Sensing Hi-Beam control (senses when a car is coming and automatically switches to low-beams) - My buddy's 1987 Cadillac has that.

Heated Back Seats (not 100% sure on this one) - Wear a jacket.

Power Rear Sunshade - Great, then the people behind me can't see the driver's grey hair.

Panoramic Sunroof - Great for when the car crashes and rolls over due to the cruise acting up.

6 speed Manumatic - Because that makes a "luxury" car...

Sync - A 12K Focus has that...

Sirius Travel Link - More crap to take your eyes off the road

GPS navigation system (not that onstar crap) - That costs $2500 dollars. Think of all of the things that do the same for WAY LESS THAN $2500 DOLLARS!

S.O.S. Post Crash System (the system that unlocks the doors, sounds the horn and puts on the hazards automatically in an accident) - Must be anticipating problems with the cruise.

THX 14 speaker sound system - What, no Sony?

AWD - For people who don't know how to drive.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See now you're just being a hypocrite, but that is to be expected I guess (it is the nature of the beast after all). Let me guess next you're going to tell me to take of the blinders or some crap like that...

How am I being a hypocrite? I said in a much earlier post that you could probably make a list of things that the MKS (feel better) has that Buick does not. I SAID THAT. But I love how when I do the same thing as you, I am labeled a hypocrite. Classic. :hysterical:

How am I being a hypocrite? I said in a much earlier post that you could probably make a list of things that the MKS (feel better) has that Buick does not. I SAID THAT. But I love how when I do the same thing as you, I am labeled a hypocrite. Classic. :hysterical:

I do apologize for calling you a hypocrite, I missed that previous post where you stated that someone could make the list of what the MKS has compared to a Buick. And I do appreciate that you called the MKS by its actual name.

But I must point out that you did not do the same thing as me. Whereas I mocked three of the Buick's things, you managed to grasp at straws and mock every single last feature the Lincoln had. Additionally it was a discussion of which vehicle had more luxury items, and I must say that it is clearly evident that the Lincoln has the upper hand in this comparison. But if you were to compare the MKS to say the Cadillac STS (which is a much more direct competitor), you will see the the comparison comes really close in terms of which has more luxury, and at this point without any research on my part I would have to say that the STS has the upper hand (I will have to actually research this of course before I make my final decision).

Once again though, I do apologize for calling you a hypocrite and thank you for calling the MKS by its actual name.

WOW.....just WOW!

Always making a mess that you can't clean up.

The fact that you listed a bunch of 'options' that you thought were important (btw the MKS does come with rainsensing wipers), and basically complained that it was a 'HUGE oversight' on Ford's part is the problem. If you dissect the options listed most of them aren't even necessary, and quite a few luxury cars outside of the Ford family don't even have them. Cornering fog lights are pointless when you have adaptive bi-xenon headlights. Turn signal mirrors, yeah that's such a huge oversight that Infiniti and BMW are missing out on as well. Those are just examples of the fundamental issues of your argument displaying prominently that you pick and choose facts that support your argument, instead of painting the entire picture (misleading). Don't excuse your ignorance or inability to reason as your attempt at not being a 'blind-cheerleader', because when you get right down to it, it's kinda lame.

And the MKTaurus bit. OK fine, I think we all know what platform the MKS rides on. Not sure if you think it's witty and all, but man it's getting pretty tired. Try some new material.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

WOW.....just WOW!

Always making a mess that you can't clean up.

Nope not at all.

The fact that you listed a bunch of 'options' that you thought were important (btw the MKS does come with rainsensing wipers)

Tell that to True Delta.

Turn signal mirrors, yeah that's such a huge oversight that Infiniti and BMW are missing out on as well. Those are just examples of the fundamental issues of your argument displaying prominently that you pick and choose facts that support your argument, instead of painting the entire picture (misleading).

Who is not painting the complete picture????

BMW-3-Series_2009_photo_07.jpg

If you were to draw a line from the top of the wheel to where the fender meets the door, what would you hit? That's right...a little turn signal to indicate to people where you are going.

Paint the complete picture buddy...practice what you preach.

I do apologize for calling you a hypocrite, I missed that previous post where you stated that someone could make the list of what the MKS has compared to a Buick. And I do appreciate that you called the MKS by its actual name.

It was in the same post you quoted in post #47...

This is what I am talking about people. Before you start jumping to conclusions and defending your beloved Ford, read the whole post...then reply.

It was in the same post you quoted in post #47...

This is what I am talking about people. Before you start jumping to conclusions and defending your beloved Ford, read the whole post...then reply.

As I said before, I apologize for calling you a hypocrite.

But you need to stop being a negative a-hole that grasp at straws more often than not (and no I won't apologize for that). The "beloved" Ford is not perfect, and I will openly admit that (they have made so many errors it isn't funny). But guess what, part of being a fan of something means taking the bad with the good. Nothing is perfect not even billion dollar businesses. Ford spent the longest time making crap decisions that has resulted in their current financial state. But of late FMC has done a lot of things right (not everything but a good share). You have to agree that of late FMC has done a good share of right things, if not you're just be a blind hater. Also you want others to think before they post, why don't you try the same?!

Clearly from the photos Buick is trying to benchmark the MKS. GM will most likely give the laCrosse a slighty detuned version of the 3.7 D.I. in from the CTS, and the fact that they have two mules, one being a sportier version they are probaly going to have different suspension settings like in the CTS as well. This should signal to Ford that they need to make more upcoming changes and refreshments to the MKS. They need to somehow offer the 2009.5 or 2010 MKS with a 3.7 that has direct injection that makes 305-315 HP, make the ecoboost version produce 365-375 HP and also make some attempt to push the engine back further to improve it's horrible weight distribution. With the MKS having the 3.7 D.I., it would allow the MKZ to have the regular 3.7 as a base engine and the 3.7 D.I. with 300-310 HP as an engine option. Luxury owners look at specs so that they can brag about them so why not give them something more they can brag about in the MKS besides its features. Ford needs to make these powertrain and other improvements to their cars if they are ever to get Lincoln back to it's glory days because in its current state the MKS doesnt have more power than a NISSAN maxima

Clearly from the photos Buick is trying to benchmark the MKS. GM will most likely give the laCrosse a slighty detuned version of the 3.7 D.I. in from the CTS, and the fact that they have two mules, one being a sportier version they are probaly going to have different suspension settings like in the CTS as well. This should signal to Ford that they need to make more upcoming changes and refreshments to the MKS. They need to somehow offer the 2009.5 or 2010 MKS with a 3.7 that has direct injection that makes 305-315 HP, make the ecoboost version produce 365-375 HP and also make some attempt to push the engine back further to improve it's horrible weight distribution. With the MKS having the 3.7 D.I., it would allow the MKZ to have the regular 3.7 as a base engine and the 3.7 D.I. with 300-310 HP as an engine option. Luxury owners look at specs so that they can brag about them so why not give them something more they can brag about in the MKS besides its features. Ford needs to make these powertrain and other improvements to their cars if they are ever to get Lincoln back to it's glory days because in its current state the MKS doesnt have more power than a NISSAN maxima

What I heard (not confirmed to be true) is that the LaCrosse's base engine would be the 2.0 liter turbo 4, and that the HF3.6DI would be the top engine. Since the MKS base[/i] engine is the D37 and the D35EB is on its way, I figure Lincoln has little to worry about.

And the Maxima, yeah, but it runs on required premium.

Tell that to True Delta.

Who is not painting the complete picture????

If you were to draw a line from the top of the wheel to where the fender meets the door, what would you hit? That's right...a little turn signal to indicate to people where you are going.

Paint the complete picture buddy...practice what you preach.

I really don't care what True Delta has to say about option availability. I've looked at/driven several MKS with rainsensing wipers, an option indicated on the gov't mandated Monroney Sticker. If you choose to be ignorant that's fine, but don't use True Delta as your excuse.

That is a side repeater, not a mirror mount. You complained about the mirror mount, and I simply pointed out that if it is an oversight on Ford's part then it is across several manufacturers. FWIW, those side repeaters (if I'm not mistaken) are required across the pond. I know for a fact that the Infiniti G37 not sold in NA has them, but European models do.

So what were you talking about again?

What I heard (not confirmed to be true) is that the LaCrosse's base engine would be the 2.0 liter turbo 4, and that the HF3.6DI would be the top engine. Since the MKS base[/i] engine is the D37 and the D35EB is on its way, I figure Lincoln has little to worry about.

And the Maxima, yeah, but it runs on required premium.

Even if the the max requires premium it probaly still makes more powere on unleaded than the MKS and thats just the problem, Lincoln will not with the likes of M B, BMW, Infiniti, etc... they still are positioned as a premium/luxury brand. With that in mind they should have engines that produce luxury type outputs. Every luxury brand has or is about to launch a car with a V-6 that produces upwards of 300 HP. If Lincoln truely wants to regain its position as a world class luxury luxury brand then they are going to have to offer this too. The 3.7 "lincoln exclusive" currently in the MKS only produces ten more HP then the 3.5 while also being a full size temporary flagship that weighs 4100-4300 IBS. Ford put a D.I. V6 in the car with over 300HP, if you want to regain the brands former glory your going to have to stay with luxury standards

Ugh....Can't believe I just waded through four pages of the drivel and bickering.

The LaCrosse looks like a newer Lexus ripoff and the MKTaurus looks like a older Lexus ripoff, there.

Both pale in comparison to the best selling Lincoln ever in longevity, durability, and probably ride quality.

But the two of them are FTW on options you'll either never use or better not let the warranty lapse on.

I would like to close this thread and burn it. Some of you people are so miserable it boggles the mind!

I invite you MKS haters to go and buy an equivalent product and get back with me. I'm ordering my MKS this week and couldn't be more excited. I'm a real Lincoln consumer, this is what real Lincoln consumers buy! Thank you very much!

I would like to close this thread and burn it. Some of you people are so miserable it boggles the mind!

I invite you MKS haters to go and buy an equivalent product and get back with me. I'm ordering my MKS this week and couldn't be more excited. I'm a real Lincoln consumer, this is what real Lincoln consumers buy! Thank you very much!

:rockon:

Pics when you get it.

Congrats Borg. What color are you getting?