Sarah Palin

...well they seem to have TAKEN it to begin with correct? I have too many pretentious "friends' making money and gloating at the loopholes they utilize to either avoid or get returns....meanwhile 60% of the country is paying 90% of the taxes...that is basically "All About Me" first and foremost........

What are you smoking?......The top 1% of earners pay 35% of the taxes and the bottom 50% pay 3% of the taxes.....what have these peopple taken? ....do you mean because they have worked hard and become wealthy....they have somehow taken something from someone else........

If obama is elected it will get much worse, ......he is trying to push a bill through Congress now for a global poverty tax......he wants us to take our taxes and give them to poorer nations....some of which are our enemies

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps i am too simplistic in my outlook, and probably WAY too simplistic in offered band aids....but ok, 250k getting taxed higher and unable to put back...well they seem to have TAKEN it to begin with correct? I have too many pretentious "friends' making money and gloating at the loopholes they utilize to either avoid or get returns....meanwhile 60% of the country is paying 90% of the taxes.

Uh, no they're not and where are you getting this stuff. Biden?

The top-earning 25 percent of taxpayers (AGI over $64,702) earned 68.2 percent of the nation's income, but they paid more than four out of every five dollars collected by the federal income tax (86.3 percent). The top 1 percent of taxpayers (AGI over $388,806) earned approximately 22.1 percent of the nation's income (as defined by AGI), yet paid 39.9 percent of all federal income taxes. That means the top 1 percent of tax returns paid about the same amount of federal individual income taxes as the bottom 95 percent of tax returns.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/250.html

This is a problem that would only get worse if Barrack got his way. I'm down for 15% across the board, no loopholes, no bullshit, no Barrack communisim plan.

What are you smoking?......The top 1% of earners pay 35% of the taxes and the bottom 50% pay 3% of the taxes.....what have these peopple taken? ....do you mean because they have worked hard and become wealthy....they have somehow taken something from someone else........

If obama is elected it will get much worse, ......he is trying to push a bill through Congress now for a global poverty tax......he wants us to take our taxes and give them to poorer nations....some of which are our enemies

It's worse than that.

Per, http://www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/1410.html, 40% of working families pay NO Federal Income taxes. (average of 22% of Married filing Jointly, 22% of Married filing separately, and 66% of Heads of Household)

Somehow BO is going to give a tax cut to 95% of working families, but given that 40% pay NO income taxes, that's quite a trick.

Edited by RangerM

And you are a conservative sheep willing to vote against your own interest. Hopefully Obama will be elected and you will be saved from having to live with your choice.

How about answering Blackhorse's question....how can he cut taxes for 95% of Americans, when 40% currently pay zero.....maybe this 40% will be given money......is that how it will work?

And you are a conservative sheep willing to vote against your own interest. Hopefully Obama will be elected and you will be saved from having to live with your choice.

and God will reign down and save all the chosen people of this world and spite the sinners.....thats what you sound like

seriously why were you looking for something like this?

Your brain works differently from mine, in that I wasn't "looking for something". Your mind assumes that somebody must have been out "searching" for "something".

A much more acurate question would be, "How did you find this?" Can your brain understand the difference?

Anyway, I found it on a blog site, and went to the illustrator's site.

Why did she paint this?

Because Sarah Palin has decided that no American women will have access to abortion, and she will change whatever laws have to be changed by appointing judges who see it her way. Her mind-set is "whatever it takes".

In this way, she is taking the liberty of choice away from Americans. She doesn't care, even if a majority of Americans want things the way they are, because she believes that God wants it that way.

Her beliefs are more important than a woman's liberty to choose. That's why Liberty has bullet holes. Capice?

The painting is brilliant. Palin's posture is the exact reprise of a hunter holding a buck by the horns. Her facial expression, up close, is a zinger: triumphant exultation combined with an incredible ruthlessness — do not get between her and anything she wants. The orientation of her hands to the power presentation grip adds to the dynamic, along with blood on her hands. And it's fitting, when you consider how many innocent Iraqi civilians have died because Dubya had to do a John Wayne.

Sarah-Hunter-closeup.jpg

Edited by Edstock

Because Sarah Palin has decided that no American women will have access to abortion, and she will change whatever laws have to be changed by appointing judges who see it her way. Her mind-set is "whatever it takes".

Quote Sarah Palin

Q: If Roe v. Wade were overturned and states could once again prohibit abortion, in your view, to what extent should abortion be prohibited in Alaska?

A: Under this hypothetical scenario, it would not be up to the governor to unilaterally ban anything. It would be up to the people of Alaska to discuss and decide how we would like our society to reflect our values.

Source: Anchorage Daily News: 2006 gubernatorial candidate profile Oct 22, 2006

Your brain works differently from mine, in that I wasn't "looking for something". Your mind assumes that somebody must have been out "searching" for "something".

A much more acurate question would be, "How did you find this?" Can your brain understand the difference?

Anyway, I found it on a blog site, and went to the illustrator's site.

Why did she paint this?

In this way, she is taking the liberty of choice away from Americans. She doesn't care, even if a majority of Americans want things the way they are, because she believes that God wants it that way.

Her beliefs are more important than a woman's liberty to choose. That's why Liberty has bullet holes. Capice?

The painting is brilliant. Palin's posture is the exact reprise of a hunter holding a buck by the horns. Her facial expression, up close, is a zinger: triumphant exultation combined with an incredible ruthlessness — do not get between her and anything she wants.

well there's a mature response...

your trying to label me as stupid.

look next time post a mature article where it states her views on abortion instead of posting a provocative and hateful picture of a person that has nothing to do with that response you just gave me

i dislike Obama but i would never post an image of him with a towel on his head because it is demeaning to him as a person and to muslims....people who draw or paint this so called "art" have nowhere else to display their creativity?

sad.

What did you expect, he's a liberal. Most liberals think that by virtue of calling themseleves "progressive" they are automatically ordained with some sort of intellectual super powers that only other "enlightened progressives" can really understand. Meanwhile the rest of us just see them for what they are. Self impressed dumb asses. Look he didn't even know that Sarah Palin is not on some crusade to revoke roe v. wade and prohibit abortion. He just assumed by virtue of his masterful progressive thought processes that just because she is pro life that she must automatically be trying to take away the ability to have an abortion from all women. That's how his brain works. Frankly that picture is disgusting and only a sick freak would have it as a desktop.

No, I'm not. I pointed out that there's a different mind-set between you and me. You assumed that I was "looking for something", like anti-Palin pictures.

I'm sorry if my prose is pointed. I was not targetting you, but there are a lot of people around here who are sloppy thinkers, and I am getting rather impatient with unfocussed writing.

instead of posting a provocative and hateful picture of a person that has nothing to do with that response you just gave me

Now, you're not stupid, but you do realize that that "provocative and hateful picture" has EVERYTHING to do with "that response you just gave me", and any other responses, because that picture is about what all this discourse has been all about?

Quote Sarah Palin

Q: If Roe v. Wade were overturned and states could once again prohibit abortion, in your view, to what extent should abortion be prohibited in Alaska?

A: Under this hypothetical scenario, it would not be up to the governor to unilaterally ban anything. It would be up to the people of Alaska to discuss and decide how we would like our society to reflect our values.

Source: Anchorage Daily News: 2006 gubernatorial candidate profile Oct 22, 2006

Hey — Hitler said he didn't have any more territorial demands after Czecho, either. We know how that turned out. Considering how she has tried to get books banned from libraries, she probably isn't to be trusted. The Christifundies know they are a minority, and are very cautious in promoting the agenda. :)

I'm sorry if my prose is pointed. I was not targetting you, but there are a lot of people around here who are sloppy thinkers, and I am getting rather impatient with unfocussed writing.

Oh brother, somebody needs a big old glass of "get the fuck over yourself".

PS, While you're getting all impatient you might want to look up how to spell "unfocused" there Hobbes.

Edited by BlackHorse

What did you expect, he's a liberal. Most liberals think that by virtue of calling themseleves "progressive" they are automatically ordained with some sort of intellectual super powers that only other "enlightened progressives" can really understand. Meanwhile the rest of us just see them for what they are. Self impressed dumb asses. Look he didn't even know that Sarah Palin is not on some crusade to revoke roe v. wade and prohibit abortion. He just assumed by virtue of his masterful progressive thought processes that just because she is pro life that she must automatically be trying to take away the ability to have an abortion from all women. That's how his brain works. Frankly that picture is disgusting and only a sick freak would have it as a desktop.

it is unfortunate...

i don't hate liberals, i hate radicals from both parties

my thought on abortion is to give the MOTHER 1-2 months after conception to abort the fetus....after that she is stuck with it and if she does not want it the government will put it up for adoption

i personally would only like this to apply to rape victims but i will not get pissed about it

there are FAR more important issues other than abortion

i know some young women that have had abortions that i have supported that they receive.....but none were after 2 months and none were mine...

Hey — Hitler said he didn't have any more territorial demands after Czecho, either. We know how that turned out. Considering how she has tried to get books banned from libraries, she probably isn't to be trusted. The Christifundies know they are a minority, and are very cautious in promoting the agenda. :)

Make it two glasses genius.

No, I'm not. I pointed out that there's a different mind-set between you and me. You assumed that I was "looking for something", like anti-Palin pictures.

Now, you're not stupid, but you do realize that that "provocative and hateful picture" has EVERYTHING to do with "that response you just gave me", and any other responses, because that picture is about what all this discourse has been all about?

ok then why did you post it

i could have found a picture of obama that was wrong but i am not going to post it even IF i somehow agree with it

what i am trying to say is you could have posted in your own words and in a mature way how you felt about her abortion views and her views on personal liberty, which you did after my question, and we could have had a "spirited debate" on that issue.....instead you post that picture which was just to start crap in this thread(which you succeed at and was already happening)

Hey — Hitler said he didn't have any more territorial demands after Czecho, either. We know how that turned out.

So Palin is now Hitler? You do yourself and your viewpoint no help when you make such outragous comparisons.

Considering how she has tried to get books banned from libraries, she probably isn't to be trusted. The Christifundies know they are a minority, and are very cautious in promoting the agenda. :)

Please stop promoting stories that are already debunked.

She did not demand that books be banned from the Wasilla library. Some of the books on a widely circulated list were not even in print at the time. The librarian has said Palin asked a "What if?" question, but the librarian continued in her job through most of Palin's first term.

So Palin is now Hitler? You do yourself and your viewpoint no help when you make such outragous comparisons.

Please stop promoting stories that are already debunked.

most of everything brought up about her is now being debunked

although i would like to know more about this "bridge to nowhere" thing....i saw her in an interview with sean hannity and she sort of avoided the question which makes me wonder

not a big deal though because she ultimately put it down, but im not a huge fan of flip floppers

Hitler was also clinically insane...

i would not bring Hitler's policies up when talking about U.S. government...

Edited by Ford-150