And the winner will be?

CSMJ

McCain just lost. He brings somebody on board that makes his arguments against Obama's lack of experience look hypocritical. With McCain's age, people will look at a governor with 2 years experience as not capable of taking over for him when/if he dies in office.

Also, she comes on board in the middle of her own scandal.

http://www.onevotematters.com/palin-faces-scandal/

Nice job, John. You just gave the White House to Obama. :happy feet:

No more bush! :party2:

She was a mayor and now a Gov. A Gov. has more responsibility then a 1 and a half year Senator.

She has more qualifications then Obama and McCain is the cand. not Palin so the experience issue means nothing, to say that Biden has more then her underscores the fact that McCain has ALOT more then Obama.

Edited by CSMJ

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see how tough this one and a half year secluded state Governor will do when it comes to the VP debate.

She will destroy Biden, he cannot attack her or he will piss off more women voters who already hate him for taking Hillary's spot as VP. !!!!!!! Think about it Im right on this one!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

After watching Obama and Biden speak at the DNC, they are going to eat these two alive during the debates. Regardless of what you think of their politics, they are damn good and public speaking and answering tought questions.

This is to any woman out their who supported Clinton, but not Obama; This is nothing but political pandering to the female independents. Please don't vote against Obama out of bitterness, or vote for McCain because he chose a woman. If you think McCain is the right choice, then vote for him. Personally, I think this is a huge step backwards for women in politics, especially if Obama loses.

That said, McCain is a dinosaur. Is Obama the right choice? IMO, yes, but only time will tell. The difference between the two is definately experience. There is nothing in McCain's history that suggests he will make a good president, why would he change now at 72? In Obama's short political history, he has shown promise, willingness to stand up to the establishment instead of going with the flow, ala McCain.

Obama literally worked his way from the bottom up. McCain is the son and grandson of Naval Admirals who got him into Annapolis. Obama took loans, scholarships and grants, like we have to. McCain graduated 5 from the bottom at annapolis. Obama was the President of the Harvard Law Review. McCain's highest rank in the Navy: Captain, O-3. Not a stellar career. Obama has succeeded at everything he's done.

Obama has experience in many fields. McCain is a career politician who married for money after a failed military career. To me the choice is simple.

Dont kid yourself Obama is a MULTI MILLIONAIRE ALSO!!!! Serving in the Navy and being a POW is better then being a "community director".

And Kerry was even a better debater and he lost to a horrible debater in Bush. And keep telling yourself that Palin's pick is a step back for women just keep believing that and on Nov. 5th we will see a major historical landslide for McCain!!

What because she has 5 kids and is mayor and Gov. and she is prolife that makes her unqualified.I guess if she was a liberal and married to an ex president that would make her better.

She won her elections on her merit not because of her husband!! :hysterical:

Edited by CSMJ

You need to read into this a little more she is for gay rights but not marriage and the Log Cabin Republican's support her.

http://online.logcabin.org/

I love this quote:

On principle, this pick is a slap in voters’ faces. It either assumes their stupidity, or exposes a disturbing lack of integrity on McCain’s part. Maybe both.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...9056/&imw=Y

McCain/Palin.

I like the pick. Romney presents the same baggage in a sense that Biden brings. He criticized McCain in the primary just as Biden did on Obama. Democrats would've said the same "experience" thing with Pawlenty I'm sure.

Funny, Democrats had mentioned Kansas Governor Kathy Sebelius as a good pick for Obama. Yet, Sarah Palin's such a horrible pick. Democrats should be 20 pts ahead yet they're fighting for an election that should not even be close and they will say and do absolutely whatever they have to.

I wouldn't lose a seconds sleep if Palin had to take over office. Dems are going to make this about her since they haven't had any success defeating McCain.

Dont kid yourself Obama is a MULTI MILLIONAIRE ALSO!!!! Serving in the Navy and being a POW is better then being a "community director".

And Kerry was even a better debater and he lost to a horrible debater in Bush. And keep telling yourself that Palin's pick is a step back for women just keep believing that and on Nov. 5th we will see a major historical landslide for McCain!!

What because she has 5 kids and is mayor and Gov. and she is prolife that makes her unqualified.I guess if she was a liberal and married to an ex president that would make her better.

She won her elections on her merit not because of her husband!! :hysterical:

So I should be president because I served in the Navy and the Army? Just because you serve, doesn't mean you're presidential material. I applaud him for his service, but he was a half rate officer who got out because he knew he would never make Flag Rank like his father and grandfather.

Anyway, Obama is a millionaire because he made it himself. It was not passed down to him like the Bushs and Kennedys, and he did not marry into it like Kerry and McCain.

And yes, I would consider being a two term senator, two term first lady more qualified than a one term governor from the least populous state in the nation.

The Repulican are campaigning with fear, the Democrats are campaigning with hope. Personally, as a father, I prefer hope. Most republicans I have spoken with have not given me a reason for voting for McCain, but they have plenty of reasons to not vote for Obama. Try being open minded about it, then come back and give me a valid reason to vote for McCain. He's had 20 plus years to make a difference, yet has done nothing.

I'll take intelligence and motivation, Obama, over flag waiving and complacency, McCain.

Edited by RockofCashel

So I should be president because I served in the Navy and the Army? Just because you serve, doesn't mean you're presidential material. I applaud him for his service, but he was a half rate officer who got out because he knew he would never make Flag Rank like his father and grandfather.

Anyway, Obama is a millionaire because he made it himself. It was not passed down to him like the Bushs and Kennedys, and he did not marry into it like Kerry and McCain.

And yes, I would consider being a two term senator, two term first lady more qualified than a one term governor from the least populous state in the nation.

The Repulican are campaigning with fear, the Democrats are campaigning with hope. Personally, as a father, I prefer hope. Most republicans I have spoken with have not given me a reason for voting for McCain, but they have plenty of reasons to not vote for Obama. Try being open minded about it, then come back and give me a valid reason to vote for McCain. He's had 20 plus years to make a difference, yet has done nothing.

I'll take intelligence and motivation, Obama, over flag waiving and complacency, McCain.

Excellent post to bad most people on here won't be honest on why they don't want to vote for Obama.

Excellent post to bad most people on here won't be honest on why they don't want to vote for Obama.

Kwame is doing wonders for black politicians.

Anyway, if you're a McCain supporter because you are afraid of black people, here's a suggestion; Go out and beat up a black guy then you'll realize they're not as scary as the media wants us to believe.

How's that for logic; Beat up a black guy to end racism.

Seriously though, if you don't like Obama because he's black, stay home. There is no place in our society for ignorant pukes like you. Oh wait, there is, it's called a trailer park.

She will destroy Biden, he cannot attack her or he will piss off more women voters who already hate him for taking Hillary's spot as VP. !!!!!!! Think about it Im right on this one!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Please do not speake for all women. I wanted Hillary, Biden is a great pick, I'm not piss off nor do I hate him.

Kwame is doing wonders for black politicians.

Anyway, if you're a McCain supporter because you are afraid of black people, here's a suggestion; Go out and beat up a black guy then you'll realize they're not as scary as the media wants us to believe.

How's that for logic; Beat up a black guy to end racism.

Seriously though, if you don't like Obama because he's black, stay home. There is no place in our society for ignorant pukes like you. Oh wait, there is, it's called a trailer park.

I agree, I had a guy at work the other day ask me why I would vote for Obama I told him why and all he could say is how in the hell could a White Guy vote for a Muslim N-----? I told him he was just ignorant.

I agree, I had a guy at work the other day ask me why I would vote for Obama I told him why and all he could say is how in the hell could a White Guy vote for a Muslim N-----? I told him he was just ignorant.

Tell him to just pull the lever next to Obama's name, that's how.

I love how the Republicans are playing on our fears of Islam to steal votes from Obama.

If it's acceptable for conservatives to believe he is Muslim, is it OK for us to believe Putin?

For the record, I consider myself to be an independent. I don't think the Republicans have had a good candidate since Bush Sr and neither party had a good candidate in the past two elections. I do think McCain is a good candidate, but he is not what this country needs now. Back in 2000, I would've gladly voted for him, but times have changed in the past 8 years and he hasn't.

Regardless of who wins, Bush is out and that is good for everyone.

Palin was a great pick. Just watch the liberals, they are going nuts. :banghead::banghead::banghead: I haven't seen them this scared since Reagan.

You're delisional.

Seriously, both sides are saying this will benefit them. It's just posturing. I love it when conservitives start chest thumping. You guys may have the biggest mouth in the room, but a well placed fist will close it. Remember, this election isn't over until November 5th.

This is an exciting time to be an American. We are witnessing history on both sides. On the democratic side, we have our first black presidential nominee. On the republican side, they finally realized that there are other politicians besides white men!

Regardless of whom you support, just make sure you vote for the right reasons.

After watching Obama and Biden speak at the DNC, they are going to eat these two alive during the debates. Regardless of what you think of their politics, they are damn good and public speaking and answering tought questions.

This is to any woman out their who supported Clinton, but not Obama; This is nothing but political pandering to the female independents. Please don't vote against Obama out of bitterness, or vote for McCain because he chose a woman. If you think McCain is the right choice, then vote for him. Personally, I think this is a huge step backwards for women in politics, especially if Obama loses.

That said, McCain is a dinosaur. Is Obama the right choice? IMO, yes, but only time will tell. The difference between the two is definately experience. There is nothing in McCain's history that suggests he will make a good president, why would he change now at 72? In Obama's short political history, he has shown promise, willingness to stand up to the establishment instead of going with the flow, ala McCain.

Obama literally worked his way from the bottom up. McCain is the son and grandson of Naval Admirals who got him into Annapolis. Obama took loans, scholarships and grants, like we have to. McCain graduated 5 from the bottom at annapolis. Obama was the President of the Harvard Law Review. McCain's highest rank in the Navy: Captain, O-3. Not a stellar career. Obama has succeeded at everything he's done.

Obama has experience in many fields. McCain is a career politician who married for money after a failed military career. To me the choice is simple.

You clearly do not know crap about the military. A Captain in the Navy is an O-6. You must have the same amount of military experience that obama has-NONE!

You clearly do not know crap about the military. A Captain in the Navy is an O-6. You must have the same amount of military experience that obama has-NONE!

My bad, first 5 in he Navy, last 3 in the Army. O-3 in Army, Air Force and the Corps is a Captain.

I stand corrected on that, but how many years of service do you have?

Edited by RockofCashel

Lol if you so called union workers that voted for Bush and now want to vote for Mclame. Name one thing that Bush did that was right in 8 years. And Mclame going to do the same stuff that Bush is doing. The rich get richer and the middle class which is you guys get poorer and dont be surprise if Ford opens up the contract and reduces your pay and its not a damn thing you can do about it. LOL go ahead and say strike there are so many people that are laid off that will take your jobs before you can say what happen. 8 years of Bush and his party and you guys still want to give them 4 more????????? Damn! Well to each his own dont bitch if you lose your job to outsourcing or if gas goes up again which in turn will kill car and truck sells big time. So think who would better serve you in the long run. :redcard:

Lol if you so called union workers that voted for Bush and now want to vote for Mclame. Name one thing that Bush did that was right in 8 years. And Mclame going to do the same stuff that Bush is doing. The rich get richer and the middle class which is you guys get poorer and dont be surprise if Ford opens up the contract and reduces your pay and its not a damn thing you can do about it. LOL go ahead and say strike there are so many people that are laid off that will take your jobs before you can say what happen. 8 years of Bush and his party and you guys still want to give them 4 more????????? Damn! Well to each his own dont bitch if you lose your job to outsourcing or if gas goes up again which in turn will kill car and truck sells big time. So think who would better serve you in the long run. :redcard:

It's a ratified Contract dirty they can want to open it up all they want we still have the right to refuse that, this contract is binding until 2011. Not saying It cant be done but lets be real the company will have to do more than simply reduce its salaried staffing in line with the current hourly workforce to really expect the UAW to 1st open the contract 2nd take more concessions,something we've done 3 times since the 2003 contract.

Back on subject;McCain just lost any chance he had this election with his VP nomination today.

You want my honest opinion neither is the right choice, Just because Obama is a dem and supported by the UAW doesn't mean shit. Lets not forget who signed NAFTA, the start of the troubles that plague the US autoworker today.

Edited by lquidspine

I hope you end up jobless you idiot!!

On the other hand....maybe you make over 250k per year!! I guess that would make you a republican.....in that case stay off of the blue collar thread you salaried fk!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! You're kidding yourself if you think only people who make 250K per year will have a tax increase. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets see Obama is 47, has zero experience (except for the work for Bill Ayers) proposing 800 Billion in new taxes is Obama not McCain. Obama says we can fix our energy problems with a tire gauge and he's backed up by an asshole who's lifetime body of work consists of being the equivalent of a poltical Pit-bull. I'll take the experienced old guy over the one who has a nice speech he gave in 2002. On quality vs. quantity her(Palin's) experience is probably equal to his as far as "running a country" goes. Remember her name isn't on the top of the ticket. Palin is a relative novice. Further checking reveals some true accomplishments, plus the fact that she has been a governor for almost two years. But two years of experience as a governor, versus almost four years as a do-nothing absentee Senator that has spent most of his term promoting HIMSELF in his run up to the presidency. Any criticism of Palin as being 'inexperienced' can be easily countered by noting that Senator is AT LEAST as inexperienced. Both have similar resumes: Palin was a councilwoman, Obama was a community organizer ; Palin was a mayor, Obama was Senator in one of the most corrupt states in the nation; Palin is a governor, Obama is a Senator. At the same time, the McCain camp can respond by noting that, despite Palin's 'inexperience', she is only running as VP. Obama, on the other hand, is the inexperienced one, and he is running for the office of the Commander in Chief.

She looks good.

She's a NRA member

She speaks well

She's a reformer

She seems to have a record of no nonsense

She's pro-life

She killed that bridge-to-nowhere project

She has been in the union and her husband is a card carring union member.

When she was mayor of that little town, she cut her own salary, and cut property taxes 60%.

She also successfully took on the oil industry, leading to a tax increase on oil company profits that now has the state's treasury swelling.

But the UAW is SPENDING MY MONEY backing Obama, money NOT well spent.