2009 Escape & 2009 Escape Hybrid Price Increases

ice-capades

Ford Dealers were notified Friday that 2009 Escape prices will increase, effective August 1st, according to the following schedule.

2009 Escape

Increase all arrays by $385 MSRP

Increase D&D (Destination & Delivery) by $30 MSRP

2009 Escape Hybrid

Increase all arrays by $1,000 MSRP

Price Protection

2009 MY units invoiced prior to August 1, 2008 will not be re-invoiced.

Automatic price protection will be provided on all 2009 MY retail orders received by Ford Motor Company on or before August 1, 2008.

Ford Dealers were notified Friday that 2009 Escape prices will increase, effective August 1st, according to the following schedule.

2009 Escape

2009 Escape Hybrid

Price Protection

Automatic price protection will be provided on all 2009 MY retail orders received by Ford Motor Company on or before August 1, 2008.

I love the fact that this comes out Aug. 1 I am a dyed-in-the-wool Ford lover, but this just seems ridiculous. They are raising the price beofre they are even available. We are going to buy one once my wife gets to drive one.

So including the $1,200 price increase for the hybrid during the 2008 MY that would be a $2,200 price increase. Is that somewhat being offset by including any standard features that were previously options?

Prior to the price increase - the fully loaded limited was only about $250 more than '08 and included Sync...many features that were previously options became standard...(Ambient Lighting, Chrome Package...etc...).

Wow ... I had been kicking myself in the butt for putting a deposit down on my FEHL (reason being that the lead time at my dealership is now apparently a RIDICULOUS 6-12 months and had I not put a deposit down, I could have possible found a dealer with more allocations to get my wheels sooner). Anyways ... now I'm glad I have that bill of sale! Had I put in an order and just waited to haggle price when it finally arrived, I'd be starting $1k higher off the bat.

Sso if you already have an order in the system, does the price increase effect you? In my case, my order is in the system, but I have no vin yet. I have a dora with my price listed. Will the price increase effect my order put into the system in june?

I love the fact that this comes out Aug. 1 I am a dyed-in-the-wool Ford lover, but this just seems ridiculous. They are raising the price beofre they are even available. We are going to buy one once my wife gets to drive one.

So, if Ford wants to set a price on a vehicle, when is a prudent time to do so? AFTER the vehicle is available??

2009 Escape

2009 Escape Hybrid

Price Protection

So as long as we ordered a vehicle prior to August 1st and put down a depost this increase will be protected under the price protection?

Sso if you already have an order in the system, does the price increase effect you? In my case, my order is in the system, but I have no vin yet. I have a dora with my price listed. Will the price increase effect my order put into the system in june?

I have the same question, but I don't think it has been asnwered by anyone yet. Can anyone explain whether any orders in the system are effected by this? And if so, how far do you have to be in the process to not be effected?

I placed an order around 7/21 with my dealership, but don't have a PIN assigned yet.

I'm already paying more than I wanted for features that I don't want, but are required to get the features that I do want. Whose bright idea was it that you have to order the Sun & Sync package in order to get a roof rack and the amenities package on an 09 Mariner? I didn't really want leather, but it was cheaper to upgrade to the Premier rather than adding a moon roof which I definitely didn't want (based on the other options that I wanted).

Edited by mathgal1993

I have the same question, but I don't think it has been asnwered by anyone yet. Can anyone explain whether any orders in the system are effected by this? And if so, how far do you have to be in the process to not be effected?

I placed an order around 7/21 with my dealership, but don't have a PIN assigned yet.

I'm already paying more than I wanted for features that I don't want, but are required to get the features that I do want. Whose bright idea was it that you have to order the Sun & Sync package in order to get a roof rack and the amenities package on an 09 Mariner? I didn't really want leather, but it was cheaper to upgrade to the Premier rather than adding a moon roof which I definitely didn't want (based on the other options that I wanted).

:ohsnap: Why add all those options if you don't want them?

Edited by tazjedi

As long as you have a valid "Retail" order that was received by Ford prior to the price increase it will be "Price Protected". It doesn't make a difference whether or not you have a VIN or whether the vehicle is scheduled yet or if the order is still in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank).

As long as you have a valid "Retail" order that was received by Ford prior to the price increase it will be "Price Protected". It doesn't make a difference whether or not you have a VIN or whether the vehicle is scheduled yet or if the order is still in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank).

Thanks for the info; it was very helpful!

2009 Escape

2009 Escape Hybrid

Price Protection

Hey Ice did you ever verify when KCAP went for there 2 week shutdown vacation?

Ice do you know when the official sales date will be. When will you be able to build them on the Ford web site. September 1 I bet.

If by "official" sales date you're asking about what the official "introduction" date is... there is none as in the past. Ford Dealers are authorized to sell and deliver all 2009 MY vehicles upon receipt from the factory. As for building 2009 Escapes on the Ford website, only Ford can answer that question but it should be enabled anytime now.

Looks like FordVehicles.com is about to update the Escape page with 2009 info - could be any day now. The title of the webpage across the top of my browswer says "2009", but the details on the page are still for the '2008' model. I've seen this before in past model year changeovers, and it's not long after the new year starts showing up in the page title, that the page actually gets updated.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/suvs/escape/

I think Ford is going to go very slow with the 2008 introduction. Our local dealers are still loaded with 2008 models that I'm sure they want to sell off first.

Maybe they should make the site vary by zipcode. If they are out of a product and unable to get it in a zipcode they should show what is coming, not what is no longer available. Other stores do this, and I know Ford is not a store like Staples, but maybe it is an option. They could link it in with the vehicle locater when the site loads.

2009 Escape

2009 Escape Hybrid

Price Protection

Why would a vehicle that was ordered on 5/17, in the system on 5/20 show the price increase on the Window Sticker? ViperPilot just posted a copy of the Window Sticker for me and for some reason it shows the price increase. Is it safe to say I am price protected because I made no changes since placing the order back on 5/17?