2009 Escape and Mariner

BORG

I made a trip to my dealerships today to look at the Escape/Mariner, they finally had the 2009! And not just one, but dozens! Almost all were the 2.5L, and they made good on their promise by upping the content on the I4 and removing the V6 badging. You can no longer tell which model is V6 or I4, you can get all the features and trim upgrades once only available on the V6.

There is a new chin spoiler which looks like a bit of a curb scraper, otherwise the vehicles look the same.

I'm curious what the new drive trains perform like, any tests out there?

It's good to hear the 09 Escape and its Legendary New I4 of Truth is finally on the lots. Let's hope the talk about depressed Fusion/Focus/Escape sales being the result of undesirable models and the year changeover is proven correct over the next month or two.

You can tell the dealerships just got the vehicles because there is no mix whatsoever. The majority of them had the exact same package and MSRP, even the same interior color (different exterior colors fortunately). I also noticed the Escape is now available in that hideous clearcoat red color popular on the Focus.

The Flexi seem to be moving off the lots now, my dealer has less of a backlog.

I know. I've been wanting to build/price a I4/4wd as I may make one my new DD later this year or early next.

You can build and price 2009 Escapes & Mariners on KBB.com.

http://www.kbb.com/kbb/NewCars/2009_Ford_Escape_SUV.aspx

http://www.kbb.com/kbb/NewCars/2009_Mercury_Mariner_SUV.aspx

(Note that KBB doesn't include Holdback in their invoice pricing.)

Edited by Rob052067

Focus sales will still be very depressed. While my local dealership did get Fusions and Escapes, he has 1 Focus.

'09 Focuses should start to ship in earnest this week. Someone mentioned last week that the lots full of '09's in quality hold were finally hitting the trucks and rail cars.

'09 Focuses should start to ship in earnest this week. Someone mentioned last week that the lots full of '09's in quality hold were finally hitting the trucks and rail cars.

I was by Wayne Assembly today and this day I noticed car haulers loading up the upmarket Focus for first time with the fancy wheels seen on the "09 Focus Sporty Coupe. They look very nice on the 4 door Focus and should be arriving at Dealers in numbers this week. This past week they only shipped SE versions and this week they are shipping SES and SEL models.