Three month old order sitting in USOB

fmorriso

I too was the very first person to order a FEH or FEHL from my dealer on April 21. Only two other orders have been placed after mine at that particular dealer.

No matter how hard Ford tries to improve their products, ford dealers and sales workers screw up America. If your dealer has no allotted units, move on to a dealer that does ASAP.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I mean about allocate:

Despite the growing demand for hybrid vehicles in Catawba County, Ingels said it’s nothing compared to the demand in cities like Los Angeles, New York City and Chicago. He listed those as Ford’s primary high-penetration cities, where most of the hybrid vehicles are sent. Despite this, the dealership still managed to sell an additional 12 more hybrids than were delivered to the lot.

“We were only allocated four last year, but we sold 16, because we picked up some from other dealerships that didn’t want them,” he said.

As for the number of 2009 models, Ingels said, it’s anybody’s guess as to how many Ford will allocate.

http://www.hickoryrecord.com/servlet/Satel...d=1173355970065

I'm curious, for all of us who are orders waiting in USOB what was the expected delivery time given by your dealership. Our order was placed on 6/26 and we were told 12 to 14 weeks based on production and allocation schedules. Thought it was 12 to 16 but just checked my paperwork and confirmed it was 14.

If I assume 14 weeks that would make our delivery date 10/3, adjust for the summer shutdown and that extends it to 10/16. I may be wrong, but I believe barring any commodity holds or transportation issues, that scheduling is 8 weeks from serialize to delivery so our order would be serialized on or about 8/21.

Just typing out a stream of conciousness here but does it make sense?

I'm curious, for all of us who are orders waiting in USOB what was the expected delivery time given by your dealership. Our order was placed on 6/26 and we were told 12 to 14 weeks based on production and allocation schedules. Thought it was 12 to 16 but just checked my paperwork and confirmed it was 14.

If I assume 14 weeks that would make our delivery date 10/3, adjust for the summer shutdown and that extends it to 10/16. I may be wrong, but I believe barring any commodity holds or transportation issues, that scheduling is 8 weeks from serialize to delivery so our order would be serialized on or about 8/21.

Not sure if I am in the USOB bin or not, but I have no vin yet. I ordered 06/02 and was told 8 to 12 weeks. My dora says the order reciept date is 06/03. At this point, I highly doubt I will have my FEH by 9/3.

You make perfect sense, until you realize that folks who ordered an identically configured vehicle 3-6 weeks after I did have seen their vehicle scheduled, built and delivered. Sounds like somebody is playing "allocation games" with my order.

I'm in touch with Longmont Ford in Colorado, scene of a recent (July 18) delivery of an identically equipped (except for exterior paint color) custom-ordered (several weeks after I did) FEHL. The way I figure it, I'll order from several dealers and whichever one comes up with a VIN the quickest wins my business. I wish there was a better way, but as long a Ford punishes those of us who had the foresight to order early by not giving our dealer an allocation slot, I feel I have no other option.

Edited by fmorriso

You make perfect sense, until you realize that folks who ordered an identically configured vehicle 3-6 weeks after I did have seen their vehicle scheduled, built and delivered. Sounds like somebody is playing "allocation games" with my order.

I'm in touch with Longmont Ford in Colorado, scene of a recent (July 18) delivery of an identically equipped (except for exterior paint color) custom-ordered (several weeks after I did) FEHL. The way I figure it, I'll order from several dealers and whichever one comes up with a VIN the quickest wins my business. I wish there was a better way, but as long a Ford punishes those of who had the foresight to order early by not giving our dealer an allocation slot, I feel I have no other option.

I would go for that route also, but right now the dealership has my deposit.

My vehicle came in today 78 days after I ordered it. I am pretty sure I was one of the lst orders made by my dealer in Phoenix for the FEH unit, and they actually beat there time estimate to me by at least 4 weeks or so.

In my opinion given what I have read here there is no rhyme or resaon to this process whatsoever as a number of the posters ordered before I did.

If anyone from ford management reads (or cares about these forums) they should really take notice that there are probably a lot of early deposited orders in line from customers that should have been done way before now since this is still america and obstnsibly people who come in cash in hand wanting to purchase an item aught to be taken care of before some of the spec units that are being sent to the western states.

All this system does is puts a bad taste in peoples mouths about the fairness of the process and ford management's desire or ability to take care of serious buyers in a serious way in some sort of fair sequential order regardless of "allocation".

Although the cards fell in my favor on this I still think it is a lousy way to run a business, especially when you have paying customers at the gate willing to pony up the price.

And do not even get me started about the fact that in this day in age when anyone with any intelligance could see the gas situation coming Ford's inability to produce more than 25000 of these a year especially when gas in europe has been in the 5-6 dollar a gallon range or above for some time.

And last but not least a shout out to the ford workers in all the locations that come to work every day and produce a quality product despite senior management and management processes that are antiquated or biased or both.

My vehicle came in today 78 days after I ordered it. I am pretty sure I was one of the lst orders made by my dealer in Phoenix for the FEH unit, and they actually beat there time estimate to me by at least 4 weeks or so.

In my opinion given what I have read here there is no rhyme or resaon to this process whatsoever as a number of the posters ordered before I did.

If anyone from ford management reads (or cares about these forums) they should really take notice that there are probably a lot of early deposited orders in line from customers that should have been done way before now since this is still america and obstnsibly people who come in cash in hand wanting to purchase an item aught to be taken care of before some of the spec units that are being sent to the western states.

All this system does is puts a bad taste in peoples mouths about the fairness of the process and ford management's desire or ability to take care of serious buyers in a serious way in some sort of fair sequential order regardless of "allocation".

Although the cards fell in my favor on this I still think it is a lousy way to run a business, especially when you have paying customers at the gate willing to pony up the price.

And do not even get me started about the fact that in this day in age when anyone with any intelligance could see the gas situation coming Ford's inability to produce more than 25000 of these a year especially when gas in europe has been in the 5-6 dollar a gallon range or above for some time.

And last but not least a shout out to the ford workers in all the locations that come to work every day and produce a quality product despite senior management and management processes that are antiquated or biased or both.

Congratulations! :hyper:

I was born and raised in Phoenix. Which Ford dealer did you order from?

Don't feel bad for a single minute for getting your vehicle when you did. That's an order! :drop:

A little advice: try to stay out of the western part of Glendale. My crazy older brother lives near the border with Peoria, just East of GCC. :shades:

Morisso

are you sure your dealer did not mess up?

with so many people getting theirs - I do not see a reason why you do nto even have a VIN ....

now you are WAY closer to the process than I am, but from the reading of threads here, it seems 8/10 when an order goes awry, it is because the dealer failed to do something ...

Igor

Morisso

with so many people getting theirs - I do not see a reason why you do nto even have a VIN ....

now you are WAY closer to the process than I am, but from the reading of threads here, it seems 8/10 when an order goes awry, it is because the dealer failed to do something ...

Igor

Without an online tracking system that is customer-accessible, how would I know if the dealer has messed up or not? I've made him show me the vehicle status screen, including the other two orders backed up behind mine. All of them say CLEAN/UNSCHED. I'm open to other ideas. :banghead:

Morisso

Igor

As I read the stories about US auto sales at 16-year low for the month of July and how Ford and Ford Credit are now rated as junk status, I can't help but wonder if both of these are partially self-inflicted wounds.

Hey Ford! :finger: Here's an idea: if you had built and delivered that FEHL I ordered when you should have (like in July), maybe your credit rating wouldn't be in the financial toilet. Or at least the toilet paper wouldn't feel like sand paper. :shades:

I placed an order on 3May for a loaded FEHL, and todate the dealer knows nothing on my order. I'm from New Jersey also and it does sounds like we do have a problem just getting in line. I did order under the x-plan that could be factor also. I guess the next step is to start making calls to ford. If anyone has some names and phone numbers it sure would be a big help at this point. EMAIL me using this site. Thanks for any help.

I heard from "Gail" of Ford CRC today in the form of a voice mail message while I was in a late afternoon meeting.

After listening to it, I conclude that she's incompetent. She's running around in circles, making zero progress at determining why my April 21 order hasn't even been scheduled, never mind built, shipped or delivered, while identically equipped vehicles (down to the exterior paint color) ordered as much as 6-8 weeks after I ordered have been scheduled, built, shipped and delivered.

I have a .wav file I can email anyone who's interested in listening to the message. Just reply to me via private message with an email address that can handle attachments of type .wav, size 437KB. :shades:

Edited by fmorriso

I heard from "Gail" of Ford CRC today in the form of a voice mail message while I was in a late afternoon meeting.

After listening to it, I conclude that she's incompetent. She's running around in circles, making zero progress at determining why my April 21 order hasn't even been scheduled, never mind built, shipped or delivered, while identically equipped vehicles (down to the exterior paint color) ordered as much as 6-8 weeks after I ordered have been scheduled, built, shipped and delivered.

I have a .wav file I can email anyone who's interested in listening to the message. Just reply to me via private message with an email address that can handle attachments of type .wav, size 437KB. :shades:

Nobody cares. Your dealer doesn't have allocation. Find a new one that does.

I know you are frustrated since you were one of the first people to order. It sucks, all this run-a-round. But you're taking your frustrations too far. WAV files for us to listen to? Constant updates that go no where? Honestly, best of luck, but I'll stop reading this thread. Another dealership awaits you. Hope you are sitting in a new FEH in the coming months.

Edited by neuroboy002

I know you are frustrated since you were one of the first people to order. It sucks, all this run-a-round. But you're taking your frustrations too far. WAV files for us to listen to? Constant updates that go no where? Honestly, best of luck, but I'll stop reading this thread. Another dealership awaits you. Hope you are sitting in a new FEH in the coming months.

Does it help knowing there aren't any bullets in the gun I have pointed at your head to make you read these messages? :stats:

And by the way, what makes you think I'm just sitting around doing nothing else about procuring the vehicle of my choice? :shades:

Does it help knowing there aren't any bullets in the gun I have pointed at your head to make you read these messages? :stats:

And by the way, what makes you think I'm just sitting around doing nothing else about procuring the vehicle of my choice? :shades:

I just had one of my customers wait 8 months for their Hybrid Escape. Now mind you we had allocation, and it was reported as a sold retail unit, which is supposed to give it some priority over units that I just wanted for my lot. Begging my regional rep didn't seem to help either. Pain in the neck. Good luck, and I hope you get yours soon, but you are definately not the only one having to wait. It's easier to get a Shelby than a Hybrid now. Heck I might even be able to get allocated a Ford GT easier! :hysterical:

I just had one of my customers wait 8 months for their Hybrid Escape. Now mind you we had allocation, and it was reported as a sold retail unit, which is supposed to give it some priority over units that I just wanted for my lot. Begging my regional rep didn't seem to help either. Pain in the neck. Good luck, and I hope you get yours soon, but you are definately not the only one having to wait. It's easier to get a Shelby than a Hybrid now. Heck I might even be able to get allocated a Ford GT easier! :hysterical:

Thanks for steering us back on point. May I assume your customer was waiting on a 2008 FEH?

I promise to stop writing incessantly when my vehicle shows up. :idea:

Seriously, I can't wait for the day when Ford, GM and any other survivors of the current market shake-up realize that bringing transparency to the vehicle ordering and delivery process will be the best for everyone. No more "allocation games" that leave some dealers (and their customers) scratching their collective noggins :headscratch: wondering what's going on behind the scenes at Ford HQ.:pig:

Having been in the IT industry full time since 1975, I can't help but wonder what kind of CRM system Ford thinks they have. I sometimes imagine their scheduling and production "system" is something just a step up or two up from the man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz. :rolleyes:

Here's hoping I won't have to start a new discussion thread with the title "Escape Hybrid Held Hostage In USOB, day 122" (corresponds to the four month mark) on 8/21/2008. My apologies in advance to Ted Koppel, if I hijack his famous line from the old Nightline television show.

Thanks for steering us back on point. May I assume your customer was waiting on a 2008 FEH?

I promise to stop writing incessantly when my vehicle shows up. :idea:

Seriously, I can't wait for the day when Ford, GM and any other survivors of the current market shake-up realize that bringing transparency to the vehicle ordering and delivery process will be the best for everyone. No more "allocation games" that leave some dealers (and their customers) scratching their collective noggins :headscratch: wondering what's going on behind the scenes at Ford HQ.:pig:

Having been in the IT industry full time since 1975, I can't help but wonder what kind of CRM system Ford thinks they have. I sometimes imagine their scheduling and production "system" is something just a step up or two up from the man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz. :rolleyes:

Here's hoping I won't have to start a new discussion thread with the title "Escape Hybrid Held Hostage In USOB, day 122" (corresponds to the four month mark) on 8/21/2008. My apologies in advance to Ted Koppel, if I hijack his famous line from the old Nightline television show.

There is a little light through the tunnel right now. Atleast gas prices seem to be on a decline. Maybe we will get a little relief at the pump until our vehicles come in.

I've been in IT since '86 myself but this isn't a systems problem - it's a dealer problem.

The best solution is to let people order vehicles directly from Ford and have them prepped and delivered by a local dealer. Unfortunately this is illegal and when Ford tried to do this with used cars they were sued by the dealers and the dealers won. Until they change the state automotive franchise laws this can't happen.

The next best solution for the customer would be for Ford to build customer orders FIFO regardless of dealer allocation. This won't fly with dealers either because one dealer may get 8 customer orders built and delivered while another dealer gets none. With a vehicle like this a stock order is just as valuable as a customer order since it will sell quickly. The dealers won't stand for that. They all want their slice of the pie and who can blame them? This is another reason that Ford is trying to trim the number of dealers.

The allocation has to be spread out to be fair. Here's my suggestion: pre-allocate a certain number of vehicles per model year to each dealer so they know exactly how many they'll have to sell. Assign customer orders the lowest priority (10 I believe) and force stock orders to be higher (lower priority). Build the priority 10 orders FIFO. That way as long as your dealer has allocation (and they should know that immediately) then you know your order will be built and delivered asap (but still subject to material delays or holds, etc.).

I've been in IT since '86 myself but this isn't a systems problem - it's a dealer problem.

The best solution is to let people order vehicles directly from Ford and have them prepped and delivered by a local dealer. Unfortunately this is illegal and when Ford tried to do this with used cars they were sued by the dealers and the dealers won. Until they change the state automotive franchise laws this can't happen.

The next best solution for the customer would be for Ford to build customer orders FIFO regardless of dealer allocation. This won't fly with dealers either because one dealer may get 8 customer orders built and delivered while another dealer gets none. With a vehicle like this a stock order is just as valuable as a customer order since it will sell quickly. The dealers won't stand for that. They all want their slice of the pie and who can blame them? This is another reason that Ford is trying to trim the number of dealers.

The allocation has to be spread out to be fair. Here's my suggestion: pre-allocate a certain number of vehicles per model year to each dealer so they know exactly how many they'll have to sell. Assign customer orders the lowest priority (10 I believe) and force stock orders to be higher (lower priority). Build the priority 10 orders FIFO. That way as long as your dealer has allocation (and they should know that immediately) then you know your order will be built and delivered asap (but still subject to material delays or holds, etc.).

Amen to all of the above. 21rst century laws + 21rst century thinking adds up for me.

I can order just about everything direct, except an automobile.

The current business model can't last in the age of the Internet. :shades:

Amen to all of the above. 21rst century laws + 21rst century thinking adds up for me.

I can order just about everything direct, except an automobile.

The current business model can't last in the age of the Internet. :shades:

Hey, I am sorry for your pain, really I am, but it is getting old to have every post of yours all about the same thing. This may not be the best forum for you to conduct your campaign against the automobile industry though.

But, back to your latest post in terms of buying direct from the manufacturer...it may just be that the majority of people want to actually go in and talk to someone, touch, feel, sit in, move around in and drive the vehicle before they purchase. They cannot do that in a buy direct via the internet from the manufacturer setting. To make that successful you would have a lot of brick and morter 'dealerships' where one model of every vehicle was available for personal interaction only. They would also need some form of pod system where someone could touch and feel upgrades/options/whateveryouwanttocallthem. Then vehicles would be built as ordered only which would create a bottle neck in the production cycle and thus lengthen wait times for some and slow the production cycle due to the inability to achieve efficiency in the modern assembly line process.

I wish you had the magical system that worked for you but the problem is that it would not provide what everyone wanted and there would be someone else coming in afterwards griping and asking for a different process.

I have my fingers crossed for you that when the plant opens again next week that you get your VIN soon thereafter and then can stop the posts about Ford's ineptness (in your opinion).

Good luck!

Hey, I am sorry for your pain, really I am, but it is getting old to have every post of yours all about the same thing. This may not be the best forum for you to conduct your campaign against the automobile industry though.

But, back to your latest post in terms of buying direct from the manufacturer...it may just be that the majority of people want to actually go in and talk to someone, touch, feel, sit in, move around in and drive the vehicle before they purchase. They cannot do that in a buy direct via the internet from the manufacturer setting. To make that successful you would have a lot of brick and morter 'dealerships' where one model of every vehicle was available for personal interaction only. They would also need some form of pod system where someone could touch and feel upgrades/options/whateveryouwanttocallthem. Then vehicles would be built as ordered only which would create a bottle neck in the production cycle and thus lengthen wait times for some and slow the production cycle due to the inability to achieve efficiency in the modern assembly line process.

It wouldn't replace dealers - the car would still be shipped, prepped and delivered by the dealer - you just wouldn't have to order the car from the dealer. The dealer would still get a fixed commission - it would basically be a non-solicited X plan sale and if it didn't affect their allocation you would think the dealers would be all for it - but they're not.

The problem is there's always a trade-in. Who's gonna buy your 1997 Explorer? Ford? No, the dealer will. That's why you can't go to Target, and pick your new Edge off the shelf. The closest Ford got to what you're talking about is with the Auto collection, and we all know how that turned out. I was with Ford during those days, and for all the talk about people not wanting to negotiate on their car purchase, NOBODY wanted what their trade-in was worth... They all wanted more, more, more. So the internet, and Kelley Blue Book are nice guides, but they won't buy your old car either. That's why you need the dealers. That and the virtual test drive just doesn't seem to ut it.

The problem is there's always a trade-in. Who's gonna buy your 1997 Explorer? Ford? No, the dealer will. That's why you can't go to Target, and pick your new Edge off the shelf. The closest Ford got to what you're talking about is with the Auto collection, and we all know how that turned out. I was with Ford during those days, and for all the talk about people not wanting to negotiate on their car purchase, NOBODY wanted what their trade-in was worth... They all wanted more, more, more. So the internet, and Kelley Blue Book are nice guides, but they won't buy your old car either. That's why you need the dealers. That and the virtual test drive just doesn't seem to ut it.

If I'm leasing I don't have a trade-in. You'd still buy the car from the dealer and negotiate your trade-in - but you'd be able to order the vehicle directly from Ford at a fixed price (X plan e.g.).