• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you believe that his campaign was actually considering a one race sponsorship deal with NASCAR, and the car was a Toyota?.

Well, not for nothing, but the Camry is assembled in Kentucky with American workers, whereas the Fusion is assembled in Mexico with Mexican workers.... But I see your point, it would have looked better to have gone with an American brand...

Well, not for nothing, but the Camry is assembled in Kentucky with American workers, whereas the Fusion is assembled in Mexico with Mexican workers.... But I see your point, it would have looked better to have gone with an American brand...

It would have made a great Pro-McCain/Anti-Obama ad in Michigan.

CORRECTION

To clear any rumors, the Obama campaign has denied that they would sponsor a racecar.

BAM Racing (the #49 car that's always been at the tail of the field) had a representative put a sponsorship request to all three major Presidential campaigns seeking their money for sponsorship.

CORRECTION

To clear any rumors, the Obama campaign has denied that they would sponsor a racecar.

BAM Racing (the #49 car that's always been at the tail of the field) had a representative put a sponsorship request to all three major Presidential campaigns seeking their money for sponsorship.

Only partially correct, they were considering sponsorship but decided against it. Why even consider a toyota? That says a lot!

Link

learned of this story today while visiting an old friend, Erik Rydholm, whose company now the produces ESPN's show "Pardon the Interruption." During the taping of the show, which I was fortunate to watch in the DC control room, host Michael Wilbon was asked if he had any problem with the Obama/NASCAR union.

Wilbon didn't, noting that Obama is a big time sports fan.

Obama is also an incredibly smart politician. More on the deal from SI:

A BAM spokesperson has revealed the team will hold a press conference July 23 in Miami to reveal the partnership, currently a proposed one-race deal with an option to continue. Obama will be at the briefing, which will be tied to the "Get Out The Vote" campaign message he spread throughout the 2008 primary season.[/b]

Racing sources claim one of the options being considered would allow individual campaign donors to get their name on the race car for as little as $100.

Edited by Floyd Lawson

Funny considering McCain's economic advisor is partially responsible for taking the American auto industry to the brink of destruction due to high gas prices, but nobody cares about the important stuff..

Funny? You don't think it's important that he would sponsor a car from a foreign manufacturer? Non-UAW at that. Don't they support him?

Only partially correct, they were considering sponsorship but decided against it. Why even consider a toyota? That says a lot!

Link

With current information, it is accurate.

Obama did not choose to sponsor this racecar.

Here's how it all went down from the team ( http://www.bamracing.com/ ):

“An independent agent, knowing BAM Racing was seeking corporate sponsorship to return to the track, requested permission to connect BAM Racing with all three presidential campaigns. BAM agreed to explore the options. The same independent agent, referred to as ‘a BAM spokesperson’ in the recent Sports Illustrated article, ‘revealed’ what was only tentative, exploratory talks. BAM Racing has decided to heed the advice of the overwhelming response by fans to keep politics out of racing and continue to focus on several other exciting sponsorships soon to be announced.”

As far as a Toyota team versus anybody else -- the an agent to the team approached Obama and McCain. Both campaigns considered it and opted not to go with it. The TEAM approached them. Obama did not approach a Yota team.

Probably the campaign doesn't even watch NASCAR or know who he would have been sponsoring himself on.

With current information, it is accurate.

Obama did not choose to sponsor this racecar.

Here's how it all went down from the team ( http://www.bamracing.com/ ):

“An independent agent, knowing BAM Racing was seeking corporate sponsorship to return to the track, requested permission to connect BAM Racing with all three presidential campaigns. BAM agreed to explore the options. The same independent agent, referred to as ‘a BAM spokesperson’ in the recent Sports Illustrated article, ‘revealed’ what was only tentative, exploratory talks. BAM Racing has decided to heed the advice of the overwhelming response by fans to keep politics out of racing and continue to focus on several other exciting sponsorships soon to be announced.”

As far as a Toyota team versus anybody else -- the an agent to the team approached Obama and McCain. Both campaigns considered it and opted not to go with it. The TEAM approached them. Obama did not approach a Yota team.

Probably the campaign doesn't even watch NASCAR or know who he would have been sponsoring himself on.

Nice try.

Nice try.

He's quoting the BAM website. What is he "trying"? BAM approached the Obama & McCain campaigns and they both turned them down. You must either be a Republican, Obama hater or both and you're just trying to start some trouble. This is a non story, give it up.

He's quoting the BAM website. What is he "trying"? BAM approached the Obama & McCain campaigns and they both turned them down. You must either be a Republican, Obama hater or both and you're just trying to start some trouble. This is a non story, give it up.

It seems any topic involving politics doesn't last very long before the administrator removes it from the forum.It wont be long before this one goes away also.

Hate is a strong word. You must be either a Democrat or an Obama lover or both and trying to defend him not matter how many stupid things he says or does. That's the UAW way!

Hate is a strong word. You must be either a Democrat or an Obama lover or both and trying to defend him not matter how many stupid things he says or does. That's the UAW way!

I am a Democrat, and while I am an Obama supporter, I definitely wouldn't call it "Love". I guess I wasn't clear enough. This is a NON STORY. Neither Obama nor McCain were planning on any NASCAR sponsorships. They were both approached by an independent representative for BAM Racing. They both turned them down. Who is "defending" Obama here? If I were to see Obama's (or McCain's) name on a Toyota NASCAR Cup car, I would be the FIRST person to bitch about it.

BTW - I'm not in the UAW nor do I work for Ford.

He lost my vote the moment I heard his wife say she was finally proud to be an American.

That comment didn't particularly endear them to me either...

I'm looking into a 4-year rental in the Cayman Islands if the Ba-Rock Star gets elected...

I am a Democrat, and while I am an Obama supporter, I definitely wouldn't call it "Love". I guess I wasn't clear enough. This is a NON STORY. Neither Obama nor McCain were planning on any NASCAR sponsorships. They were both approached by an independent representative for BAM Racing. They both turned them down. Who is "defending" Obama here? If I were to see Obama's (or McCain's) name on a Toyota NASCAR Cup car, I would be the FIRST person to bitch about it.

BTW - I'm not in the UAW nor do I work for Ford.

So you're a Democrat, no surprises there. Non-story, did you determine that on your own?

So you're a Democrat, no surprises there. Non-story, did you determine that on your own?

Floyd:

Nobody cares. It's a non-story, get over it. It may be important to you, for some reason that appears unfathomable, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Floyd:

Nobody cares. It's a non-story, get over it. It may be important to you, for some reason that appears unfathomable, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

And now a second expert calls it a non-story. I'm going out on a limb here but I bet this is not the only thing that is unfathomable to you. If it's a non-story, why the comment?

I think common sense determines it. Obama & McCain were asked if they wanted to sponsor a NASCAR Cup car, they both said no. Where's the story? This was typical cable news tactics. What's next, "McCain may Super Size his Big Mac meal, is he healthy enough to become President" or maybe "Floyd Lawson was asked about his sexuality today, is he gay?". You watch Fox News, don't you?

I think common sense determines it. Obama & McCain were asked if they wanted to sponsor a NASCAR Cup car, they both said no. Where's the story? This was typical cable news tactics. What's next, "McCain may Super Size his Big Mac meal, is he healthy enough to become President" or maybe "Floyd Lawson was asked about his sexuality today, is he gay?". You watch Fox News, don't you?

Am I gay? Ask your wife.

I already asked your boyfriend, he said no...

I thought all of you bleeding-heart-liberals were the people of inclusion, open to everyone and their lifestyles. Seems to me you are anti-gay. Shame on you, if the party finds out, you'll be banned. Back on point, if you really believe this is a non-story, then don't open this topic and read or comment. How's that work for ya, what did your wife say?

I thought all of you bleeding-heart-liberals were the people of inclusion, open to everyone and their lifestyles. Seems to me you are anti-gay. Shame on you, if the party finds out, you'll be banned. Back on point, if you really believe this is a non-story, then don't open this topic and read or comment. How's that work for ya, what did your wife say?

I am definitely not anti-gay, I just figure that since you were a redneck-homophobic-conservative, it would get you all riled up. I guess I was right...

Seriously though, I'm just having fun with you. It is a non-story, that's why I feel compelled to comment. Once you explain why it's a story, maybe I'll stop commenting.

My wife said she wasn't sure, but that you're one hell of a hairdresser. :P

fld.jpg