New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

ljcavanaugh

A/Z-plan question

Hello! We have been a Ford family for generations (at least 3), and I have always used an A/Z plan PIN to buy my cars: A-plan before my dad retired and Z-plan after he retired. When he died 15 years ago, I was still able to use the A/Z plan because my mother was alive, and she got the discount (surviving spouse discount?) It has been about 8 years now since I bought my Volvo Wagon (on plan!) and I now want to replace it with a new 2008 Edge. But between 2000 when I bought the Volvo, and now, my mother has also passed away. Am I still eligible, as a direct descendent? I am pretty sure I can get an X-plan through my husband's company, but I know that the A/Z plan is generally much better.

Thanks for the info!

~lindac

Hello! We have been a Ford family for generations (at least 3), and I have always used an A/Z plan PIN to buy my cars: A-plan before my dad retired and Z-plan after he retired. When he died 15 years ago, I was still able to use the A/Z plan because my mother was alive, and she got the discount (surviving spouse discount?) It has been about 8 years now since I bought my Volvo Wagon (on plan!) and I now want to replace it with a new 2008 Edge. But between 2000 when I bought the Volvo, and now, my mother has also passed away. Am I still eligible, as a direct descendent? I am pretty sure I can get an X-plan through my husband's company, but I know that the A/Z plan is generally much better.

Thanks for the info!

~lindac

Hi lindac. Unfortunately, you are no longer eligible for the A/Z-Plan.

When your Father passed away, your Mother still qualified as a "Surviving Spouse". Her being a "Surviving Spouse" allowed you to obtain a PIN as her child. But under Ford's AXZ-Plan rules, once she passed away your family lost all Plan privileges. I am sorry.

However, as you correctly stated, if you can obtain an X-Plan PIN through your Husbands company or through this Forum, you can still save some money.

Good luck. :beerchug:

My fiance dad works for ford if I put her name on the title will I be able to get the a-plan

My fiance dad works for ford if I put her name on the title will I be able to get the a-plan

Hi armidillo. :D You will need to ask him that question, since what you describe would bypass the intent of the A/Z-Plan rules. And if a Ford Employee knowingly disregards Plan rules, they can face loss of Plan eligibility, or worse. While this is not likely, it is possible.

It would go like this: Your future father-in-law would need to register the PIN in his daughters name. Also, primary ownership on the vehicle title, primary loan responsibility and all vehicle purchase paperwork would also need to be in her name. So if he is eligible for A-Plan purchases and if he and your fiance are willing to do that, then yes you could purchase on the A-Plan.

In addition, while I wish you luck in your future marriage, if you two should break-up before the wedding, she could legally take the car, since she would be the legal owner. Not saying it will happen, just explaining all the legalities of the situation.

When you are married, you will be legitimately eligible for the A-Plan as a son-in-law.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi armidillo. :D You will need to ask him that question, since what you describe would bypass the intent of the A/Z-Plan rules. And if a Ford Employee knowingly disregards Plan rules, they can face loss of Plan eligibility, or worse. While this is not likely, it is possible.

It would go like this: Your future father-in-law would need to register the PIN in his daughters name. Also, primary ownership on the vehicle title, primary loan responsibility and all vehicle purchase paperwork would also need to be in her name. So if he is eligible for A-Plan purchases and if he and your fiance are willing to do that, then yes you could purchase on the A-Plan.

In addition, while I wish you luck in your future marriage, if you two should break-up before the wedding, she could legally take the car, since she would be the legal owner. Not saying it will happen, just explaining all the legalities of the situation.

When you are married, you will be legitimately eligible for the A-Plan as a son-in-law.

That's was the exact information I was looking for thank u

If my mother (who is a surviving spouse of Ford retiree) gets me a PIN and the PIN is good for one year and then she passes away before the year is up, can I still use the PIN?

I don't see an answer to that exact situation - I would think the PIN would still be good but you should call the plan center to be safe. (800) 348-7709