Sharonville Workers getting bumped by BTV

I have been told by a close friend of mine that Sharonville and Batavia seniority list will be combined. The New SHV bargaining Chairman and Reps seems to have brokered a deal with the BTV Chairman and Reps. I also hear that management doesnt want the seniority list combined. The SHV Chairman is the nephew of Ron Getlefinger's right hand man, Gary Mason. So it seems he needs the Intl Union to help push his through. This may need ratification from the membership. I dont see the SHV workers getting seniority people shoved down their throats from a diffeent plant and then possibly shooved out the door in case of a layoff.

I say PHOOEY on this!

The BTV workers had years to get to SHV and choose not to exercise their option to do so.

The company wants to keep them in JSP until an In-Zone opening, then allow a senioriy person from BTV to fill it. For once, I agree with the company.

The Local wants the lists combined also. They want a Local 863 seniority, not SHV or BTV. Phooey! We are an Almagamated Local. We carry more than one contract and negotiate different local agreements per plant. I believe that NLRB action may be in the works!

Also there are about 300 outside contractors within the building. All remaining BTV skilled trades should be able to perform the contractor work until its completed. Boot the contractors out the door! Also, some of the trades have the right to go back to production further displacing others.

A merged seniority list wont work and should be allowed to work. The SHV workers have SHV home plant rights. If the BTV workers are allowed to merge, then why cant any other plant merge also??

If we get a chance to vote on it, I encourage you to vote NO! Protect your home plant rights and vote NO. If you dont voice your opinion and protect your job, then a BTV worker will be glad to take it from you!

I'm not trying to drive a wedge between the SHV and BTV workforces, but the Chairpersons and Bargaining Reps seem to have already done that!

I have been told by a close friend of mine that Sharonville and Batavia seniority list will be combined. The New SHV bargaining Chairman and Reps seems to have brokered a deal with the BTV Chairman and Reps. I also hear that management doesnt want the seniority list combined. The SHV Chairman is the nephew of Ron Getlefinger's right hand man, Gary Mason. So it seems he needs the Intl Union to help push his through. This may need ratification from the membership. I dont see the SHV workers getting seniority people shoved down their throats from a diffeent plant and then possibly shooved out the door in case of a layoff.

I say PHOOEY on this!

The BTV workers had years to get to SHV and choose not to exercise their option to do so.

The company wants to keep them in JSP until an In-Zone opening, then allow a senioriy person from BTV to fill it. For once, I agree with the company.

The Local wants the lists combined also. They want a Local 863 seniority, not SHV or BTV. Phooey! We are an Almagamated Local. We carry more than one contract and negotiate different local agreements per plant. I believe that NLRB action may be in the works!

Also there are about 300 outside contractors within the building. All remaining BTV skilled trades should be able to perform the contractor work until its completed. Boot the contractors out the door! Also, some of the trades have the right to go back to production further displacing others.

A merged seniority list wont work and should be allowed to work. The SHV workers have SHV home plant rights. If the BTV workers are allowed to merge, then why cant any other plant merge also??

If we get a chance to vote on it, I encourage you to vote NO! Protect your home plant rights and vote NO. If you dont voice your opinion and protect your job, then a BTV worker will be glad to take it from you!

I'm not trying to drive a wedge between the SHV and BTV workforces, but the Chairpersons and Bargaining Reps seem to have already done that!

Wasn't it already determined a long time ago???

The plant transfer agreement and job security agreement have been decided a lone time ago and are still in affect. Bat to Shar trans is misinformed, There will be bumping by seniorty to Sharonville thats cotract! Never mind the fact we are in the same zone. There are about 200 contractors in Sharonville and yes both commitees are working on replacing them our trades.

DO NOT LET SOMEONE THAT IS NOT IN SOME KIND OF UNION LOOP TO DISILLUSION YOU.

Talk to your committee people that you voted for and hold them accountable, if you dont like whats going on.

We have a transfer agreement. We have a job security agreement. Bumping will happen. It amy not feel fair but SENIORTY is all we have!

If SENIORITY was all that we had then the true Ford employees would have their seniority over the ZFer's recognized. At this point we don't have much of anything other than the knowledge that a layoff is coming up. The contractors should be out and our trades in. That I agree with, but why should people that were hired by FORD be displaced now by ZFer's? Where was the brotherly love and union showmanship when the people were laid off from Sharonville? There was none! They were watching out for their backs and now we will watch out for ours.

Both Local agreements have expired and both have not been extended. The Transfer Agreement is totaly different from the Job Security Agreement. The Transfer Agreement is dead because of the obvious. The Job Security Agreement will have to be ratified by the membership and I dont see SHV workers allowing the BTV workers just to walk right in and bump them out.

As for the the ZF'ers, again, Ford and the UAW agreed to allow the ZF' ers to become part of the Ford National Master agreement. The company didnt want that to happen, but the UAW was ready to strike them when they needed the CVT for the 500 launch and the Escape was selling like hot cakes. UAW Ford employees were ready to honor the UAW-ZF-BTV Transmissions picket line. In turn, if the UAW-Ford employees would have honored the picket line at BTV, then the UAW-Ford employees was also going to consider the picket line at SHV. The UAW wanted 1 company, 1 Union, 1 Agreement.

With the ZF employees 100% ratifiying the agreement, it allowed about 200 people that were UAW Ford to come back to BTV to work. If the BTV Trans-ZF employees would have had remained in a separate labor agreement, no one that was hired at SHV in 2000 would have come back home. when the CVT was done, even more UAW-ford employees would have been out the door.

Enough of the ZF-Ford bickering, its water under the bridge!

Obviously you know nothing about the contract. As long as we don't have a new contract the old one is still in effect. If you had been around very long, which you haven't, you would know that. As for the water under the bridge, the water is rising and it's about to go over the bridge!!!

Both Local agreements have expired and both have not been extended. The Transfer Agreement is totaly different from the Job Security Agreement. The Transfer Agreement is dead because of the obvious. The Job Security Agreement will have to be ratified by the membership and I dont see SHV workers allowing the BTV workers just to walk right in and bump them out.

As for the the ZF'ers, again, Ford and the UAW agreed to allow the ZF' ers to become part of the Ford National Master agreement. The company didnt want that to happen, but the UAW was ready to strike them when they needed the CVT for the 500 launch and the Escape was selling like hot cakes. UAW Ford employees were ready to honor the UAW-ZF-BTV Transmissions picket line. In turn, if the UAW-Ford employees would have honored the picket line at BTV, then the UAW-Ford employees was also going to consider the picket line at SHV. The UAW wanted 1 company, 1 Union, 1 Agreement.

With the ZF employees 100% ratifiying the agreement, it allowed about 200 people that were UAW Ford to come back to BTV to work. If the BTV Trans-ZF employees would have had remained in a separate labor agreement, no one that was hired at SHV in 2000 would have come back home. when the CVT was done, even more UAW-ford employees would have been out the door.

Enough of the ZF-Ford bickering, its water under the bridge!

The UAW makes Ford go by seniorty. The UAW is the one that requires it not the company. The International says they are done with it and its over. Keep pissing about it all you want, But also move over,Because big Steve is coming for your job cry baby. I pay the same union dues you do and to the same union and local,um case doesn't hold water. Move on. Besides in 99 we had some ZFers (as you call us) that got laid off and we could not move against anyone in Sharonville,Sucks huh. But lets not forget Ford also knows that if they were to change our seniorty they would have a pretty good lawsuit against them, I figure that if I lose my seniorty I would have maybe took a buyout and not be here, so I figure 500 "ZFers" @ $100'000 for screwing us out of our seniorty = $50,000,000 plus fees and interest. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! Again move on.The lawsuit for our seniorty will not win.

As for combining seniorty we have had pretty much combined seniory for quite a long time.

We are one union,one local 2 plants seniorty will prevail, Hopefully we will all have jobs, but it is not looking good.

First of all 'Big Stevie", you not taking anything from me. I'm retired and sitting in Florida. I do keep close contact with the SHV plant though.

Again, the ZF thing, 2 employers, 2 contracts, ZF workers couldnt got to a Ford plant to work in '99 blah blah blah been explained zillions of times, ya just dont seem to get it.

CD4EMAN, I dont have a beef with you as most of your post seem to be acurate and actually educational a little. I just believe SHV home plant should count for something and those who exercised their transfer right under the old contract shouldnt be diplaced by those who didnt.

Wow.......let me see. This whole subject is about Batavia people coming over to Sharonville and displacing current Sharonville employees? When in the past this was ok? Now.....all of a sudden there are people at Sharonville who are concerned about getting laid-off by a Batavia employee that might have time on them? What makes that different from anybody else? It wasn't a problem before? 1 for 1, that how it was. And when Sharonville had lay-offs, Batavia brought them in and gave those people mass overtime there. (CVT days)...at least when I was there. Once Batavia was said to close, there were no transfers obviously cuz no one wanted to go there.

It is the same local, same seniority.

No. I'm not bitchin. I'm done. I took my buyout years ago. I'm just looking out for the people who have seniority between the two sister plants.

Peace.

Edited by MasterJedi

• 2 weeks later...

Listen BTV to SHV, there has be a transfer agreement between the two plants for a long long time. By looking at your username BTV to SHV (batavia to Sharonville) it looks like you may have used the very same transfer agreement that you are griping about. Even if you did not use it, it was there for you to use. Regardless, two plants, one local and as everyone knows especially retirees, SENIORITY RULES!!!!!!

Edited by inurmouth

Listen BTV to SHV, there has be a transfer agreement between the two plants for a long long time. By looking at your username BTV to SHV (batavia to Sharonville) it looks like you may have used the very same transfer agreement that you are griping about. Even if you did not use it, it was there for you to use. Regardless, two plants, one local and as everyone knows especially retirees, SENIORITY RULES!!!!!!

I don't think the issue is if "SENIORITY RULES" or not. We all agree it does. The issue is if those that were hired under ZF should keep that as their seniority date or they should all get a leveling date of when Ford took control again in 2005.

I dont disagree with the whole ZF super seniority thing. That's a grey area there! That was the agreement when Ford bought back the plant. Now was it the right thing to do? At first I think it was, but now, 4 years later, and that plant is idled, it's a problem? Go fkn figure!