Got my 2008!

Buzzforbrains

After a slew of brake problems(pulling) Ford took my 07 back and gave me an 08 EB 4x2. Only a few minor differences. The white is less bright-White Suede, the chrome exhaust tip is standard, rear hatch release has motorized button for release, radio has chrome trim, radio shuts off when back up sensors come on, driver window button has both auto down and up. Thats about all. Here are some pics.

IMG_0138__Medium_.JPG

IMG_0139__Medium__3_.JPG

IMG_0140__Medium_.JPG

IMG_0141__Medium_.JPG

After a slew of brake problems(pulling) Ford took my 07 back and gave me an 08 EB 4x2. Only a few minor differences. The white is less bright-White Suede, the chrome exhaust tip is standard, rear hatch release has motorized button for release, radio has chrome trim, radio shuts off when back up sensors come on, driver window button has both auto down and up. Thats about all. Here are some pics.

Looks sharp! So Ford gave you a brand new one without having to go thru lemon law process?

I didn't realize that the muting of the stereo volume when reverse sensors beep was a new feature. It's a smart idea. My volume is often pretty high and I wouldn't hear the beeps otherwise. (To clear up any confusion for readers, the volume mutes, but the stereo doesn't actually shut off and you can still hear the music.)

Looks sharp! So Ford gave you a brand new one without having to go thru lemon law process?

I didn't realize that the muting of the stereo volume when reverse sensors beep was a new feature. It's a smart idea. My volume is often pretty high and I wouldn't hear the beeps otherwise. (To clear up any confusion for readers, the volume mutes, but the stereo doesn't actually shut off and you can still hear the music.)

No, I started the process, and was days before my mediation hearing then I got a call from BBB who mediates saying Ford would like to buy mine back. I beleive they way the evidence-which you have to send to BBB and determine if it's worth it to goto a hearing. In my case it was a no brainer. 12 repair attempts..... I only had to pay for the mileage fee before I first took it in. All in all it worked out great.

No, I started the process, and was days before my mediation hearing then I got a call from BBB who mediates saying Ford would like to buy mine back. I beleive they way the evidence-which you have to send to BBB and determine if it's worth it to goto a hearing. In my case it was a no brainer. 12 repair attempts..... I only had to pay for the mileage fee before I first took it in. All in all it worked out great.

I am glad to hear it worked out for you, I am in the process right now, mine has been in the shop way too many times. I finally got fed up when I was pulling a trailer for 100 miles and my transmission basically stopped shifting and would rev out at 2000 rpms. I could floor it and got no response on the freeway, when it happened I was going about 70 mph and by the time I got over the next overpass I was going 35 and could not speed up any at all. It was not a good situation to be in, stuck on the freeway going 30 to 35 miles an hour because you damn near brand new expedition's transmission crapped out on you.

The funny part of it is that i took it to the dealership the week before because it was shifting funny and they claimed they could not duplicate the problem. Unfortunately this happened on a saturday and the dealership was closed, but the service rep got an ear full on his voicemail, and come Monday morning so did the service manager.

Edited by NickCarbon

I am glad to hear it worked out for you, I am in the process right now, mine has been in the shop way too many times. I finally got fed up when I was pulling a trailer for 100 miles and my transmission basically stopped shifting and would rev out at 2000 rpms. I could floor it and got no response on the freeway, when it happened I was going about 70 mph and by the time I got over the next overpass I was going 35 and could not speed up any at all. It was not a good situation to be in, stuck on the freeway going 30 to 35 miles an hour because you damn near brand new expedition's transmission crapped out on you.

The funny part of it is that i took it to the dealership the week before because it was shifting funny and they claimed they could not duplicate the problem. Unfortunately this happened on a saturday and the dealership was closed, but the service rep got an ear full on his voicemail, and come Monday morning so did the service manager.

This is EXACTLY what happened to our EL last year. We could barely go 35 and the trans was just struggling. Hmmmmmm Glad I am holding off on buying a trailer till I get my Excursion!! I agree going 35 on the freeway is scary and embarassing with a brand new (at the time) SUV that should have no problem towing!! I feel sorry for whoever buys mine when the lease is up.

I agree, it looks good, and hopefully you wont have any problems with this one.

I assume the stereo muting is similar to when the navigation system gives directions, it lowers the volume so the system can talk, etc.?

I agree, it looks good, and hopefully you wont have any problems with this one.

I assume the stereo muting is similar to when the navigation system gives directions, it lowers the volume so the system can talk, etc.?

Yes, it lowers the volume compaired to how close you are to the object.